https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit interview: Squad is Set

Started by FPT, September 07, 2015, 02:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

I haven't seen this posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS5WR929_sM

For those that can't watch:

- Pretty much confirms Gary Hooper move fell down due to "other club not being able to get in another player." No names, but easy to assume.

- Happy with what has been done and looking to explore the emergency loan window.

- Bid for Richard Stearman initially went in May.

- Thinks squad good enough for targets. Kit accepts will always be judged on last game, let alone the next one. Believes we kick on and results will be strong. Not happened overnight or luck.

- Depth is going to be brilliant, decisions are good ones to make. Who's in form and who deserves it comes into account for division, as well as opposition and flurry of games.

- Tremendous business and a lot of business.

- Kit says he was under pressure to spend in January but he didn't feel it was right, not a good market. Pressure from fans and some within the club. Made a decision that it wasn't the right thing to do, we had enough to stay up and the summer was going to be massive - and it's proved to be the case. Had to go through the tense of being safe to be where we are now.

- We've got the players that we wanted and we needed. Now we need to up it on a performance/results basis.

- Kit happy to be judged on results, accepts it but would hope that people would look ahead and see what is trying to be done and the plan and strategy in place.

- Well backed by chairman and supported by those within the club. "I want to be judged on results, now I have the tools to get those results." Positive about things going forward.

- Bettinelli injury went well. MCL repaired, PCL not as bad as expected. 4-6 month recovery, could have been worse. Good news it seems. No doubt about him coming back better than ever.

- Luke Garbutt been recovering at Everton. Watched the Huddersfield Town and in good spirits. Our medical team will go to see him on Friday with the aim of him finishing his rehab with us and then getting back into training.

- George Williams itching to get back to action. Did hope George would play against Crawley but came a few days too soon and won't take a chance on him - pencilled in to play with the U21s on Saturday. Very close, training with the first team and close to full fitness.

- Parker back has been brilliant. In training, excellent to have him already. Got a buzz about him to see good players around him and good players that are driven to play and do well for this football club.

- Positivity is there and rightly so. We have the tools now and if we don't get the results than we should be held accountable. We're thinking we're very good and competitive in this league - lets do something about it.

cmg

Interesting, informative, encouraging even inspiring.
The manager seems relaxed, cheerful and in control. Positive reports on players.

Two personal observations on the Stearman deal:
It surely says a great deal about our attraction as a club (as well as the money!) that we are able to obtain the Player of the Year from a club that finished 10 spots above us.

If some other club had put a bid in for our PotY back in May and had eventually signed him in August, how loudly would we be bellyaching about 'tapping up' and 'unsettling players'?

Ordar

Interesting for me is that it seems that Stearman was our first choice target at centre back, with Dunk as a back up. Really good news we ended up getting him and at a fraction of the cost.

Surprised that he mentioned all the injuries bar Smiths. We've heard nothing.

I'm glad he realises that he needs results now. This a team that should be right up there challenging. Lets start acting like it

MJG

Dunk was first choice,  we had been planning for him since before end of last season.

What I'm glad from this video is that he says he has the tools now.
It's up to him to use them and get the best out of the squad he's got now. Fail and he will be moved on quick enough.

MJG

Quote from: Ordar on September 07, 2015, 03:19:03 PM
Interesting for me is that it seems that Stearman was our first choice target at centre back, with Dunk as a back up. Really good news we ended up getting him and at a fraction of the cost.

I'm glad he realises that he needs results now. This a team that should be right up there challenging. Lets start acting like it
Did he mention Grimmer's?

Lighthouse

Well the tools bar a forward that we think will come in at some time when the loan window opens.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Quote from: MJG on September 07, 2015, 03:31:55 PM

That's my question ... also are we really shopping Dan Burn?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 07, 2015, 03:32:46 PM
Well the tools bar a forward that we think will come in at some time when the loan window opens.
Im fine with the 3 we have and while it would be nice to have another option, its a window we can use at any time while open, so no need to panic.

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on September 07, 2015, 03:37:59 PM

The reason I said Grimmer is its not the first time someone has said about no mention of Smith, with a sort of hint at something else. Its just that he did not mention him or Jack.

Regarding Burn Im sorry to say yes we are. Its down to one man not liking him, which is his right, but hes wrong.

SKSW6

Makes me cringe every time he says "football club". Just say "club". Does it in every interview.

Burt

I thought this was a good interview.

Kit seemed open and direct, acknowledged where the issues have been, said that he now has tools to do his job, and accepted that he would be accountable if there was no improvement on the pitch.

I really hope he manages to turn this around...

WolverineFFC

I believe the club was fortunate.

Stearman + Ream for 3 million > Dunk for reported 5 million.

bill taylors apprentice

Before I put my positive hat on for the game Saturday I will be a bit negative and say the following, however obvious it might be.

Out of his own mouth he has said he now has a squad to achieve the clubs goals this season.  So by my reasoning, if points on the board don't start accumulating and fast HE will have failed and be on his way out.

hovewhite

I thought it was an honest aprisal by kit.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on September 07, 2015, 03:40:54 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 07, 2015, 03:37:59 PM

The reason I said Grimmer is its not the first time someone has said about no mention of Smith, with a sort of hint at something else. Its just that he did not mention him or Jack.

Regarding Burn Im sorry to say yes we are. Its down to one man not liking him, which is his right, but hes wrong.

Agreed 100% he is wrong about Dan Burn, we should keep him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

Sad to hear that Burn is being shopped.  Love his attitude and enthusiasm. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Julius Geezer

You can't say Burn hasn't had his chances to step up to the plate though!

He's no better now than when he left Brum!

MJG

Quote from: Julius Geezer on September 07, 2015, 08:37:03 PM
You can't say Burn hasn't had his chances to step up to the plate though!

He's no better now than when he left Brum!
Its not a perfect way to judge players, but we haven't lost a game he's started this season.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

I am an admirer of Dan Burn, and I feel Fulham will be foolish to move him on.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.