more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (08/09/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 08, 2015, 07:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham set to be boosted by 'two new signings'

Scott Parker and George Williams step up their recoveries from injury and Kit Symons will be delighted to have them back

On the recovery trail: Fulham's Scott Parker in action with Rotherham's Kari Arnason

Scott Parker and George Williams will be like new signings for Fulham after they return from injury.

The former England captain has been struggling with an ankle injury and has only just returned to full training.

Williams, on the other hand has been out of the side since March after suffering a cruciate ligament injury and returned to training last week.

Returning: George Williams battles with Wigan Athletic's James Tavernier

Manager Kit Symons said: "He will be like a new signing just like Georgie Williams.

"When you get two very good players back into the squad, it can only enhance it and it gives everyone a lift as well."

It remains to be seen whether the pair will be fit enough to play a part against Blackburn but Fulham will benefit from extra strength in depth.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-set-boosted-two-new-9964696?

WhiteJC

Fulham After Hooper

Although the summer transfer window has closed with no fee-bearing transfers allowed until it reopens in January, the loan window is, for clubs outside of the Premier League, still open.

To that effect it is being reported by The Sun, in their highly entertaining football gossip column, Fulham are still looking to bring in a striker.

The striker in question is a player Fulham Football Club were linked with in the summer transfer window, the Norwich City striker Gary Hooper.

The 27-year-old was, during the summer transfer window linked with a move to Craven Cottage and Hillsborough, but the Norwich City manager, Alex Neil, wasn`t prepared to release the player until it had been decided that Lewis Grabban was not set for a return to the newly promoted Premier League.

Hooper, had a hugely productive spell in Glasgow, with Celtic, if he moves to Craven Cottage, albeit on loan, if Kit Symons can get the player firing on all cylinders again he could prove to be a valuable asset.

Here at Vital Fulham we`ll keep an eye on proceedings and report further.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=412655#ixzz3l7vKXNZ0

WhiteJC

Old Fulham Boy Left Out of Current Club`s Squad

Those of you, most I`d hope, still recall the days not that long ago when Fulham not only graced the Premier League but also reached a major European final, the Europa League.

They were, on reflection, the most glorious of times and with the club now languishing in the Championship we`re all hoping that Kit Symons can engineer some kind of revival, a revival whereby we can make a decent attempt at making at least he play-off places to give the support hope that a return to the good old days isn`t just an impossible dream.

Back in those good old days Brede Hangerland and Aaron Hughes were stalwarts at the heart of the Cottagers defence but whenever one of them was either injured or suspended a certain Philippe Senderos would deputize.

The Swiss international never really got the reception he deserved from the Fulham faithful and was moved on.

Recently he has been contracted to play for Aston Villa but it appears that it is now the time to strike out again after the revelation that Aston Villa, managed by Tim Sherwood, have not given the defender a place in their 25-man squad for the current season.

I foresee a move abroad for Senderos, how about you?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=412660#ixzz3l7vfxglH

WhiteJC

Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham in battle for striker loan

Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham are battling it out to sign Norwich City striker Gary Hooper on loan.

The ex-Celtic star is being allowed to leave Carrow Road by manager Alex Neil, sparking interest from a number of sides.

Former Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham where both, at one stage, thought to be closing in on a temporary deal for the 27-year-old, but a move never materialised.

However, with the Football League loan window opening on Wednesday September 9th, the duo are expected to make another attempt to capture their top target.

http://www.shoot.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-fulham-in-battle-for-striker-loan/?

WhiteJC

Burn Set for Blades Switch!

Some strange phenomena called the emergency loan window opens this Wednesday.

Quite why we have such a thing when the summer transfer window is supposed to serve a purpose perplexes me.

However, according to the Sheffield Star, it appears that Fulham could see the departure, albeit on loan, of Dan Burn.

Our giant centre-back was linked, as our source suggests, with a move to Sheffield United before the transfer window slammed shut but the move didn`t quite happen due to an undisclosed contractual issue.

But it now appears all three parties are keen to push a loan deal through after Fulham agreed that Sheffield United could resume talks with the player and that the player was open to such talks.

Here at Vital Fulham we have our suspicions that Burn will be pulling on a red and white striped shirt this weekend, we`ll cover the official confirmation when it is forthcoming from within Craven Cottage.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=412681#ixzz3l7wQ9XNR

WhiteJC

Taggart on target but Olyroos downed

Dundee United's new on-loan striker Adam Taggart got on the scoresheet overnight for the Olyroos but it wasn't enough as the Aussie U-23s lost 3-1 to FYR Macedonia in Skopje overnight.

In a lively start, Macedonia opened the scoring in the opening minutes before the former Hyundai A-League Golden Boot winner, who has joined the Scottish club on a six-month loan from Fulham, struck back to make it 1-1 on 14 minutes.

The home side took the lead just before the break and made it 3-1 just after the hour mark.

The win in Skopje followed FYR Macedonia's recent 1-0 win over Ukraine.

This was the Olyroos' second game on their European tour which started with an excellent 1-0 win over Turkey last Friday.

The Aussies will now wait for Saturday's draw to determine their opponents for final AFC Qualifiers for the Rio Olympics 2016, which will be held in Qatar in January.

Read more at http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/adam-taggart-on-target-but-olyroos-downed-by-fyr-macedonia/1efh1vqqm3evd1t2keo3d4xq55#HsHle5UmV5U2mJQC.99

WhiteJC

Hope Akpan hands Blackburn Rovers fitness boost for Fulham clash

HOPE Akpan is set to hand Blackburn Rovers a fitness boost and return in Sunday's high-noon showdown at Fulham.

An ankle injury ruled Akpan out of the 0-0 draw at home to Bolton Wanderers last time out.

But the midfielder trained alongside his team-mates at Ewood Park yesterday as they restarted their preparations for the Craven Cottage clash.

Akpan said: "I was upset about not being able to participate in the Bolton match but that's just part and parcel of the game.

"I've been back training during the international break so I'm just trying to get back fully fit and be ready for selection against Fulham on Sunday."

Akpan has made a promising start to life with Rovers after his free transfer move from Championship rivals Reading last month.

The Nigeria international impressed when coming off the bench to make his debut in the 1-1 draw at Huddersfield Town.

And he was among Rovers' best performers in the 1-1 draw at home to Cardiff City and the 1-0 defeat at Brighton & Hove Albion.

But Akpan insists there will be more to come the fitter he gets.

"I think I've done okay," said the 24-year-old, whose final full season with Reading was disrupted by a serious shoulder injury sustained while on international duty.

"I wanted to try and hit the ground running and I feel I've done okay.

"I still feel there's plenty more to come, I've still got a lot more to give, and hopefully the team can start getting the results that we need."

Rovers will travel to Fulham still searching for their first win of the season after the draw with Bolton stretched their winless start to six matches in all competitions.

"Us not getting a win has not been through a lack of commitment," said Akpan.

"All of the boys have been putting the effort in, we just need that little bit of luck and that little bit of composure in the final third at key moments.

"But if we keep getting in there, it's bound to come, so you've just got to stick with us, and we'll get that first win."

Fulham recorded their first league victory of the campaign before the international break.

But Akpan said: "They are a good side, they've got some good players, obviously Tom Cairney, who used to play here, but I think we can match them, and we can dominate them physically.

"Hopefully we can do that for 90 minutes and get the result."

After a tough week on the training pitch Rovers were given the weekend off with David Raya, Markus Olsson, Fode Koita and Sacha Petshi taking the opportunity to return to their homelands.

But the players resumed training at Ewood yesterday – rather than at their usual Brockhall base.

The decision was taken to train at the ground after roads around Brockhall were closed for the second stage of the Tour of Britain cycling event.

Akpan said: "The lads have trained hard, they've put some good work in.

"There's a good togetherness so hopefully when the games come we can capitalise on that."

Rovers have seven players away on international duty with Lee Williamson and Darragh Lenihan in line to play for Jamaica and Republic of Ireland Under-21s respectively tonight.

But aside from Chris Taylor, who continues to recover from the groin operation he underwent before the start of the season, Gary Bowyer otherwise had a full complement of players to work with yesterday.

Rovers boss Bowyer may choose to field some of his first-teamers in tonight's Lancashire FA Senior Cup first-round tie at Vanarama National League outfit Barrow AFC (7.45pm).

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13651507.Hope_Akpan_hands_Blackburn_Rovers_fitness_boost_for_Fulham_clash/?ref=mac