watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-old newspapers

Started by bog, September 08, 2015, 09:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Morning fellow foot soldiers. This is the last offering of a suitcase full of newspaper cuttings from the Keegan, Bracewell and Tigana eras. I am having a clear out as we are moving shortly and these are going to have to go. It will be so painful to throw them away, I will aim for a red carpet, glittering ceremonial ending at the local tip, but would prefer if another one such as I (a scruffy old hoarder my wife says) wants them then they are theirs. I live near Margate so Dreamland would beckon. The fairground not just the reading of the newspapers.
I would offer a free cup of tea but more that one would have to share the same tea bag. Woolly Mammoth has expressed an interest but time is running out.   

092.gif

ron

Quote from: bog on September 08, 2015, 09:17:20 AM

"a scruffy old hoarder my wife says"

...Tell her from me that you aren't a hoarder.........What?  :49:

Only joking!

bog

bog

Would have to be next Monday Woolly Mammoth. If not the cut off point may be somewhere personal.... fp.gif

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Logistically it is very difficult for me at present, so it looks like Today's Newspaper, Tomorrows Fish and Chip Paper, and that is tragic. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Don't worry Woolly, they will have to go today then...tearful tipping coming up...some good times covered in them :012:

Thank you and good night

092.gif

LBNo11

...Mike, I would love to have had them from you, so I could scan them and do historical features on FoF; sadly geography and time are against us - it breaks my heart you are having to do this...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

bog

Les. I will keep hold of them if we can work something out. I am out now until one today. I will get back to you. What area do you live?

092.gif

alexmur

Quote from: bog on September 08, 2015, 09:17:20 AM
Morning fellow foot soldiers. This is the last offering of a suitcase full of newspaper cuttings from the Keegan, Bracewell and Tigana eras. I am having a clear out as we are moving shortly and these are going to have to go. It will be so painful to throw them away, I will aim for a red carpet, glittering ceremonial ending at the local tip, but would prefer if another one such as I (a scruffy old hoarder my wife says) wants them then they are theirs. I live near Margate so Dreamland would beckon. The fairground not just the reading of the newspapers.
I would offer a free cup of tea but more that one would have to share the same tea bag. Woolly Mammoth has expressed an interest but time is running out.   

092.gif
bog any chance you could post me some of the good ones? ..... I live in ireland. would take the lot.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

LBNo11

Quote from: bog on September 11, 2015, 09:32:02 AM
Les. I will keep hold of them if we can work something out. I am out now until one today. I will get back to you. What area do you live?

092.gif

...Mike, I'm just by Fulham's training ground in Motspur Park, Surrey, so not close at hand, and unlikely to be down your way, I work In Sunbury but that's not much better. Do you have any idea of the weight of all the cuttings - how many boxes etc.,...

Kent Cassandra

Hi Bog, I did send you a Pm but obviously you did not get it.
I live in Margate and could pick them up if you give me your address.
Going up to London for the weekend so it will have to be Monday.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

bog

alexmur. I think these would cost a fortune to put in the post! Whoever has them I think should take the lot.

Les, perhaps when I next come to a game I meet you and hand them over in a secretive cold war manner?

092.gif

LBNo11

...Mike, a good solution is for Kent Cassandra pick them up from you, he soon hope to be moving to Tolworth (as part of the Tolworth Massive Clicque) and I can pinch a few to scan..!

bog

Kent Cassandra, sorry I missed that message. That will be fine. We will sort out a time suitable for Monday.

Les, seems we have problem solved.  :54: Mind you how do I read these personal messages? Am I missing something? Will a few have been sent me and seem to have been ignored, like when my wife asks me to do the ironing? 

Woolly, sorry no can do with the helipad. A three mile run way in my back garden yes...but no ipad....

Thank you and good night.

092.gif   

bog

Woolly, you're not Big Foot are you?

092.gif