watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

James Husband

Started by JackyFulham90, September 09, 2015, 01:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Really hope he extend his loan for the rest of the season,  really rate him think he could be good competition for Garbutt. Would rather extend Husbands deal than rely on Garbutt then have to throw Voser in if he breaks down again

dannyboi-ffc

Totally agree but I'd rather you send me your tipping cup predictions! You are the only one left. The wife gets a buy to the next round if you dont
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

ToodlesMcToot

I'd love to keep Husband as well and predict that we'll be extending him for at least another month, to allow for Garbutt to be fully fit. I think we should use plenty of caution, based upon experience with LVC's injury situation last season. Beyond that, I'd be happy to let Husband go home for the rest of this season if it meant a better chance of signing him on permanent for next.

Of the two, Garbutt and Husband, I think we have a far better chance to sign the latter.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Lets be clear we would not loan two left backs for a whole season, that would be silly for a couple of reasons.
We are committed to Garbutt for the season (and we dont know if there is a January recall option) so would expect us to go with him while also trying to extend Husband for at least another month.

What i would then do as a club is look to see if we can Buy husband in January and send Garbutt back.
Garbutt would then be free to be loaned somewhere else and we have a LB with a longer term future to the club. But of course that is all down to a number of factors, the main one being will Boro sell?

grandad

Quote from: MJG on September 09, 2015, 03:15:37 PM
Lets be clear we would not loan two left backs for a whole season, that would be silly for a couple of reasons.
We are committed to Garbutt for the season (and we dont know if there is a January recall option) so would expect us to go with him while also trying to extend Husband for at least another month.

What i would then do as a club is look to see if we can Buy husband in January and send Garbutt back.
Garbutt would then be free to be loaned somewhere else and we have a LB with a longer term future to the club. But of course that is all down to a number of factors, the main one being will Boro sell?

:plus one:
Where there's a will there's a wife

McBride78

First to be clear, I am a huge fan of Husband.  I think to us, he would have been worth overpaying to get as a Fulham player during the last window.  That said, as stated we have a commitment to a LB already on loan.  The other upside is that Ream can play there if needed if Garbutt is not the answer.  I prefer that solution over Voser, which Burn or Hutch sliding in beside Stearman. 

love4ffc

Welling to bet Everton are not going to let us play Garbutt until he is fully fit.  Will also bet that once fit Everton is not going to let him sit on the bench. 

I like Husband and wish he would stay but I also like what little I have seen of Garbutt.  Hope Garbutt continues to do the a great job and that Husband is not needed in the long of it. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

MJG

I'm replying on here to whoever 'mumbles' is on TIFF because you read on here and I don't post on TIFF. But I have a feeling who it is and a pity if it is you.
Being part of the FST does not stop me having an opinion on players or what we should do as a club. I'm not the other poster you mention and while I had been told Dunk and McDonald were close to or had been signed I'm not the only one told that.
So sorry for having an opinion but your just have to live with it.

Berserker

Wow you get about MJG. Oh by the way I'm not mumbles of the Tiff
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MJG

Quote from: Berserker on September 09, 2015, 10:09:05 PM
Wow you get about MJG. Oh by the way I'm not mumbles of the Tiff
Im pretty sure I know who it is and I have had some PM's with them previously on here (and twitter) where I mentioned possible transfers but thats not happening in the future.
If people on here think Im a club stooge there is nothing i can do about that really. Those that have known me for a long time know thats bollocks and if anyone want to ask a respected supporter about that, then ask Dave Lloyd about me.

Rudolph

I hope he never leaves us.

FPT

I'd happily take James Husband to the Premier League with us were we to get promoted this season. It's easy to forget that he's still just 21. He's only weeks older than Sean Kavanagh and Jack Grimmer, but the game time he's had so early is clear to see compared to our two other young full backs. MJG's spoken about the chances of a season long loan happening, I agree unlikely. It's been mentioned on here before also, why we didn't go and get James Husband sharpish and it's clear Middlesbrough still have plans for him - though with George Friend comfortably their left back - a good offer may convince at some point.

As for Kay Voser, I'd rather Sean Kavanagh came in and played - at least there's potential for Kav, an excellent left peg, hard (sometimes rash) in the tackle and he's very good on the ball. Kavanagh is better than Voser, I don't understand this whole "Voser's improving" or "looking better" talk that has been on here from time to time, he has been the weak point in every game he's played, teams have looked to get at him and succeeded... frequently. When Garbutt comes back and Husband returns to Middlesbrough, lets give Kavanagh an opportunity to play when the opening is there, lets see him with the support of a Ben Pringle defensively.

But yes, Husband a good player, but I don't think that loan will be extended to the season.

Jims Dentist

Because he has some pace, although playing LB, Husband was one of our best attacking players at Rotherham.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Jims Dentist on September 10, 2015, 07:46:12 PM
Because he has some pace, although playing LB, Husband was one of our best attacking players at Rotherham.

And that does provide another 'use' for us if he can play further forward, he's not (seemingly) just a defensive left back. No reason why we couldn't play Garbutt and Husband (in the George Williams type of role)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES