more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (10/09/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 10, 2015, 08:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Next Up: Fulham (A)

The next Blackburn Rovers match of the SkyBet Championship season will be against Fulham at Craven Cottage on Sunday lunchtime. We'll have a Match Preview nearer the time, however, for now it's over to you!!

This is where you tell us your thoughts on this match ahead of us as we want to know (even at the early stage) your views on areas such as.

A) The XI Gary Bowyer's likely to pick??
B) What your starting XI would be??
C) What the scoreline will be??
D) Anything else you have to add to the match discussion for this Match!!

Had Blackburn lost to rivals Bolton Wanderers heading into the International Break in the LIVE Sky Sports match then Gary Bowyer could've found himself out of a job!! A 0-0 draw was hardly inspiring though was it.

Rovers are LIVE on Sky Sports again at 12 noon on Sunday against Fulham with the Manager's at both clubs knowing they're under pressure to get a result, if there's a loser that might be that??

This is primarily lead in the VBer Forum, however, I'm happy for you to discuss it here too if you'd be willing (and able) to do so!!

Read more: http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=412814#ixzz3lJo4rLuo

WhiteJC

Fulham still keen on signing ex Scunthorpe United and Celtic striker Gary Hooper from Norwich

Gary Hooper remains a loan target for Championship side Fulham

FULHAM remain keen on signing former Scunthorpe United striker Gary Hooper on loan from Norwich City.

Hooper is struggling to establish himself at the Premier League club and a loan move to Craven Cottage could be on the cards.

The striker reportedly came close to a loan move on transfer deadline day, but was remained in East Anglia after Norwich failed to bring in a replacement.

Fellow Championship side Sheffield Wednesday are also said to be interested in a loan move for Hooper, who will be hoping to get more regular playing time under his belt after falling down the pecking order for the Canaries.

Read more: http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/Fulham-keen-signing-ex-Scunthorpe-United-Celtic/story-27764312-detail/story.html#ixzz3lJoZ6MUk
Follow us: @ScunTelegraph on Twitter | thisisscunny on Facebook

WhiteJC

Transfer deadline day drama was a first for Fulham signing

Richard Stearman has recovered from the drama of his late switch from Wolves

Raring to go: Richard Stearman

Richard Stearman has recovered from the drama of transfer deadline day and can't wait to get his Fulham career started this weekend.

The 28-year-old completed a £2million transfer from Wolves last Tuesday and is in contention to make his debut when Blackburn Rovers come to town on Sunday lunchtime.

It is the first time the central defender has been involved in a deadline day switch in his career and he admits there were a few nervy moments while the fine details were ironed out.

He said: "It is not something I've done before.

"The move has been in the pipeline for a few weeks so in the back of my mind I knew it could happen but until you get that call that you're needed somewhere, you're just waiting by the phone.

"It was all sorted out over two days and I signed on deadline day. You're waiting for agent to call and let you know where you're needed.

"I was at my last club for a long time so turning up for training became the norm. I was obviously a bit nervous coming into the dressing room and I tweeted that it was like the first day of school again.

"I knew a couple of the boys here already though so it was good to see a few familiar faces."

Stearman was named Wolves' player of the year last season by the club's fans and players but was allowed to leave Molineux by manager Kenny Jackett.

It has been a quiet week at Fulham's Motspur Park training base with some of the squad away on international duty and Stearman believes that has helped ease him into life with the Whites.

He added: "I've managed to get a few training sessions under my belt.

"I didn't play in the last game so I'm really looking forward to getting out there and playing at Craven Cottage. I'm fully fit and ready to go.

"It was a good time for me to join really [during international break] so I can get used to my surroundings and the rest of the lads coming back will add to the group."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-deadline-day-drama-first-10017558?

WhiteJC

Train Disruption

Fans are advised that there are no trains running to or from Charlton station on Sunday 4th October, the day of our away meeting with the Addicks.

There are a number of buses that fans can take from various tube stations in South-East London, such as the 54, 180 or 380 from Lewisham, the 177 or 180 from Greenwich, or the 161, 422, 472 or 486 from North Greenwich.

For Charlton's entire bus map, follow the below link.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/09/train-disruption?

WhiteJC

FIT-AGAIN HOPE AKPAN EYES FULHAM CLASH

Nigeria midfielder Hope Akpan has returned to fitness as he trained with his club Blackburn Rovers ahead of Sunday's game at Fulham.

Akpan missed the goalless draw with Bolton before the international break due to an ankle injury, but he trained with the team on Monday as they prepare for the clash with Fulham.

"I was upset about not being able to participate in the Bolton match, but that's just part and parcel of the game," Akpan said.

"I've been back training during the international break so I'm just trying to get back fully fit and be ready for selection against Fulham on Sunday."

Akpan joined Blackburn Rovers from Reading this summer and debuted in a 1-1 draw at Huddersfield Town, showing good qualities on the pitch.

The Nigeria midfielder, however, promised his team will see more of him as the league goes on.

"I think I've done okay," said the 24-year-old, whose final full season with Reading was disrupted by a serious shoulder injury sustained while on international duty.

"I wanted to try and hit the ground running and I feel I've done okay.

"I still feel there's plenty more to come, I've still got a lot more to give, and hopefully the team can start getting the results that we need."

He continued: "Us not getting a win has not been through a lack of commitment.

"All of the boys have been putting the effort in, we just need that little bit of luck and that little bit of composure in the final third at key moments.

"But if we keep getting in there, it's bound to come, so you've just got to stick with us, and we'll get that first win.

"They are a good side, they've got some good players, obviously Tom Cairney, who used to play here, but I think we can match them, and we can dominate them physically. Hopefully we can do that for 90 minutes and get the result."

He has four caps for Nigeria.

He has played for Everton, Hull City and Crawley Town.

http://africanfootball.com//news/566143/Fit-again-Hope-Akpan-eyes-Fulham-clash?

WhiteJC

Wolves: Richard Stearman not 'forced out' of Molineux

Richard Stearman insists he did not feel "forced out" of Wolves after the defender's seven-figure deadline day move to Championship rivals Fulham.

"Fulham put a bid in. Wolves accepted it. That's pretty much how it was put to me," Stearman told BBC London 94.9.

Responding to the suggestion that Wolves fans were upset at his abrupt exit, he said: "That's nice to hear.

"Certainly the way I'd prefer to leave rather than being forced out of the door and not wanted," added Stearman.

Stearman's statistics
Stearman was Wolves' second longest-serving player, making 234 appearances and scoring six goals in his seven-year stay.

He was originally signed by Mick McCarthy, who also took him on loan to Ipswich in January 2013 when he fell out of favour at Molineux under Dean Saunders.

"I'd built up a great affinity with the club and I've got a lot of friends there, but I'm looking forward to starting a new chapter with Fulham and I can't wait to get started on Sunday."

Wolverhampton-born Stearman, 28, whose contract at Molineux was set to expire at the end of the season, has joined a Fulham side 14th in the Championship table, two places below Wolves.

He is scheduled to make his Fulham debut on Sunday at home to Blackburn Rovers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34192076

WhiteJC

Parker: Back In Action

Scott Parker talks about his return to the football pitch in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Crawley Town on Thursday, and the positivity in the camp.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/09/parker-back-in-action?

WhiteJC

Simon Smith column: Blackburn Rovers need to show both skill and labour to create more happy Fulham memories

Jordan Rhodes celebrates his winner at Fulham last season

I HAVE good memories of Craven Cottage. From my first visit, when a young whipper-snapper called Simon Garner bagged his first Rovers goals in a 2-1 victory, to last season's comfortable 1-0 win, a trip to Fulham nearly always ends in a pleasant trip home.

An unexpected FA Cup replay win in 1980; a topsy-turvy 3-3 draw in 1986; a late Keith Gillespie chip in Graeme Souness' first game; a cracker from Rubén Rochina in 2011, all live long in the memory.

But two games, one not even at the Cottage, spring to mind and reflect our current malaise, not just because they too were televised on Sky Sports.

Firstly in the 2000-01 season where after a decent start Rovers had taken just one point from 12 and faced three league games in seven days. Fulham were flying high with maximum points from their nine games.

Rovers began brightly, Matt Jansen gave us the lead and, but for two awful misses from Nathan Blake, we could have gone in at half-time at least two up, rather than concede a soft equaliser.

But, more important in the long term than the eventual 2-1 defeat was the fighting spirit shown by most of the side. The idle few suffered the wrath of Souness and were either dropped or shipped out.

Rovers won the following two games - indeed six in a row - and only lost three more games until their eventual promotion in May. No-one is saying that any repeat of this is likely, given the current circumstances, but a similar will-to-win attitude would help.

Three years later Rovers had lost three in a row - including two at home to fellow relegation candidates - and were in serious trouble when they faced Fulham.

In front of just under 14,000 at Loftus Road Rovers' defence wobbled and as a result were 2-1 down at half-time and staring the bottom three in the face. In the second half an unchanged Rovers side came out and won a thrilling match 4-3, through both resilience and flair.

The first game ignited our season, despite defeat, and proved to the fans - and those players willing to show endeavour - that we could live with the best team in the division. The second fixture proved that if you are stronger in attack than in defence then it's perhaps better to attack and rely on fortune favouring the brave.

Craig Short played in both of those games. It may be time for him to channel his old manager and make plain a few home truths. Labour and skill are not exclusive; it says so on our badge. Let's hope Rovers employ both qualities on Sunday.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13709736.Simon_Smith_column__Blackburn_Rovers_need_to_show_both_skill_and_labour_to_create_more_happy_Fulham_memories/?ref=mac

General

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 10, 2015, 08:36:09 AM

Wolves: Richard Stearman not 'forced out' of Molineux

Richard Stearman insists he did not feel "forced out" of Wolves after the defender's seven-figure deadline day move to Championship rivals Fulham.

"Fulham put a bid in. Wolves accepted it. That's pretty much how it was put to me," Stearman told BBC London 94.9.

Responding to the suggestion that Wolves fans were upset at his abrupt exit, he said: "That's nice to hear.

"Certainly the way I'd prefer to leave rather than being forced out of the door and not wanted," added Stearman.

Stearman's statistics
Stearman was Wolves' second longest-serving player, making 234 appearances and scoring six goals in his seven-year stay.

He was originally signed by Mick McCarthy, who also took him on loan to Ipswich in January 2013 when he fell out of favour at Molineux under Dean Saunders.

"I'd built up a great affinity with the club and I've got a lot of friends there, but I'm looking forward to starting a new chapter with Fulham and I can't wait to get started on Sunday."

Wolverhampton-born Stearman, 28, whose contract at Molineux was set to expire at the end of the season, has joined a Fulham side 14th in the Championship table, two places below Wolves.

He is scheduled to make his Fulham debut on Sunday at home to Blackburn Rovers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34192076

that article has taken the context of what he said to whole new levels.

he clearly states
----

responding to the suggestion that Wolves fans were upset at his abrupt exit, he said: "That's nice to hear.

As in he was offered the opportunity to leave and is glad that despite leaving he was still wanted by the fans and liked by the fans.. He clearly also said that he wasn't forced out the door.

It's clear that he had two weeks to think about it, and the idea of waiting by the phone for something you don't want to happen is an odd way to say you're not interested (let alone signing a contract).