watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does Kit know his best team??

Started by JackyFulham90, September 11, 2015, 10:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Sounds to me in Video that he will have Scott Parker back in the side when fully fit so surely he is close to his strongest team now??

Lonergan
Richards Stearman Ream Husband
Cairney    Parker     O'Hara   Pringle
                 McCormack Dembele

Am sure Fredericks, Hutchinson  LVC, Tunnicliffe,  Kacaniklic,  Woodrow all have something to say about that which shows the strength in the squad now. We are certainly in a stronger position than this time last year. Roll on Sunday

MJG

Have to admit I really dont like the look of Ohara and Parker together.
Think one of Tunniclifee/LVC has to be in there to give the central area some energy.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: MJG on September 11, 2015, 10:37:15 AM
Think one of Tunniclifee/LVC has to be in there to give the central area some energy.

With the group of midfielders we have Parker and O'Hara playing together would be the worst pairing available

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 11, 2015, 10:58:17 AM

With the group of midfielders we have Parker and O'Hara playing together would be the worst pairing available

I agree, they are very similar in style, so why play both? I think Parker is a start-but-not-finish type, and O'Hara is a regular sub for him. I'd put Pringle just in front of either and have Kaca on the left
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

mike_corkcity12

I don't think he does. Parker's position should be on the bench at the most. 

Don't think it is fair to expect Stearman and Ream to click immediately as a partnership, especially against Rhodes.

westcliff white

Parker should be coming on for O'Hara if he is tiring if not then Parker comes on if we need him too, we definitely need him in our match day squads though that's for sure his experience will be key in some very tight games coming off the bench.

There will be games where we need him to start and we need to ensure that the partnership in midfield is correct when we do start him, for me O'Hara isn't to similar to Parker, he has played the way he is because that's what he has been asked to do (and to be fair he has been outstanding doing it) but he can certainly play in a more attacking midfield role if required as that's how he started his carear
Every day is a Fulham day

Rudolph

The words arse and elbow come to mind with this post.

cmg

We all have our different views on these matters whether it be the relative merits of various midfielder combinations or, indeed, Kit's ability as a manager . This is good because it means that not everybody will be wrong!

I would be surprised if Kit does not have a very clear view as to what his best team might be. Whether that actually IS the best team is another matter.

My view? I agree that O'Hara and Parker together would represent an unfortunate return to the kind of one-paced stuff that has so inhibited us these past few seasons.

My interpretation (we're all good at that, ain't we?) of Kit's words is rather the opposite to those expressed here. I thought that all the talk of leadership qualities, inspiration, advice, contribution on the training field and in the dressing room seemed to be paving the way for a non-starting role for our Captain. 

Ordar

I think that there can be no doubt that currently 8 of the 11 are set. I would be extremely surprised if anyone didn't think the below would be in our best 11 currently

Lonergan
Stearman
Ream
Husband
Cairney
O'Hara
Pringle
McCormack

The only questions are RB, partner for O'Hara (assuming they refuse to play Cairney centrally, and a partner for McCormack.

The current front runners for the 3 remaining positions are Richards, Tunnicliffe and Dembele

FPT

I think he does know his strongest team, or at the very least his core group of starting players with manoeuvre and options to change it up. I think with Bettinelli's injury seven starters - Lonergan, Stearman, Ream, Cairney, O'Hara, Pringle and Ross - are comfortably on the team sheet.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: FPT on September 11, 2015, 12:36:11 PM
I think he does know his strongest team, or at the very least his core group of starting players with manoeuvre and options to change it up. I think with Bettinelli's injury seven starters - Lonergan, Stearman, Ream, Cairney, O'Hara, Pringle and Ross - are comfortably on the team sheet.

Its really reflective of how good our window was that you have only one player for last year on your certs to start
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Classic94

We had a very impressive window. Most, if not all, of the players signed are big improvements on last year. Crucially, the defence has been strengthened and we have plenty of depth. Lots of gaps have been plugged.

I'd say the manager has a reasonable idea of his strongest team. 8 or so players - the likes of Stearman, Cairney, McCormack... are nailed. This leaves a few places up for grabs likely to be contested by Richards, Fredericks, Tunnicliffe, LVC, Kaca, Woodrow, Dembele... We also have Betts, Parker, Williams and Smith to return.

I'm not sold on Kit but the tools are there. If managed correctly, this squad is play-off material.

colinwhite

The partnership of Parker and Ohara may just be a surprise to all of us if Kit sees this as his best side. Now that the back 4 is more capable defensively as well as more competent at playing the ball out from the back it will be interesting . Agree that a better balance would probably be with a more energetic player alongside ohara , but with parkers experience in that side we certainly should be able to start holding on to leads.

filham

Yes, I am rather looking forward to Parker and O'Hara in midfield together, loads of experience and skill with a great work rate. Could be a commanding combination capable of dominating in the championship.

Julius Geezer

Tunnicliffe has to go in next to O'Hara!

Dembele to start, Woodrows so much better coming off the bench!

Bill2

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on September 11, 2015, 11:03:03 AM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 11, 2015, 10:58:17 AM
To me it is the opposite with Scotty being the man you bring in for tight games when you are 1.0 up.

I agree, they are very similar in style, so why play both? I think Parker is a start-but-not-finish type, and O'Hara is a regular sub for him. I'd put Pringle just in front of either and have Kaca on the left

Apprentice to the Maestro

We should continue to play the players in form until a change is needed. O'Hara has been the player of the season so far and Tunnicliffe has been very solid in the last two games.

A hard-nosed view says that we have more creative and energetic options now than Parker with O'Hara, Tunnicliffe, LVC and Cairney and that they are our future.

Jonaldiniho 88

Do any of us know our best starting 11? No. We have just assembled this squad. Kit can't know. There are a few who haven't even made their debut. We all have an idea on who we think is best, but I (not the biggest kit fan) think he deserves a good crack at the whip. How can we compare jazz to Fredericks when the latter has never played for us? Our best 11 will probably have been picked by less than 5% of the people on this board. The reason being we don't know. If you give a guy a job let him have a chance at doing it.