watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, July 28, 2010, 01:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

If it should be Mark Hughes then I would not mind him bringing that Stephen Ireland with him....

mrska

Quote from: bog on July 28, 2010, 01:08:49 PM
If it should be Mark Hughes then I would not mind him bringing that Stephen Ireland with him....

Stephen Ireland ooooozes class, that would be a massive signing.

HatterDon

good player, very creative on the pitch ... not so creative off the pitch. He is popularly known as "The Granny Killer" for using the sudden death of his already deceased grandmother as an excuse to dodge out of an international friendly.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

I thought that was highly creative.

Insulting to Granny and ultra dumb but he got points for originality.

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 28, 2010, 03:22:29 PM

I thought that was highly creative.

Insulting to Granny and ultra dumb but he got points for originality.

Original?

You need to watch Cpl. Klinger in M*A*S*H when Lt Col Henry Blake was in charge. I think he killed about 15 grannies.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

OldBrownShoe

Talking about dying grans....back in the very olden days when Wembley had a pitch to be proud of and no floodlights England used to play friendlies midweek afternoons. This was another era, the games were automatically broadcast on BBC. England were pretty good then, especially at home.  For example, late 1955 they did for  Northern Ireland 3-0, Spain 4-1, May 1956 Brazil 4-2, November 1956 Wales 3-1, and Yugoslavia 3-0, May 1957 Rep of Ireland 5-1, November 1957 France 4-0, October 1955 USSR 5-0. There may have been others. But what I am alluding to is that particularly them you couldn't just take the time off school. You needed an excuse. The dentist? Well show the appointment card, hospital the same. However when gran died there wouldn't be an appointment card as such. The teachers were very sympathetic of course. I must have gone through four or five grans, she was as proud as I was and we hugged each other when the Maestro scored three against USSR. She loved her football did Gran. I only had the one gran, the other died. Honestly. :012: :012:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again