watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Season Expectations

Started by valdeingruo, September 14, 2015, 12:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

Ive been taking my time on my season expectations and based on yesterday's game I think my prediction of midtable will be accurate.

As much as I would like promotion and to get back to the Premier League I cant see us making the play offs just yet.

The first half against Blackburn was magnificent. It was the best half of football we have seen in years. Passing was brilliant, pushed for the goal and got it early. Our defense held firm, it was almost like the Thames River Barrier had been erected once more. Dembele was rewarded for his hard work and persistence and showed that he is maturing unselfishly squaring up Ross for the first. It was the start we needed.

The second half reminded me of the year we got relegated, the on rushing sea of Blackburn attacks almost eroded the newly former Barrier. If the match was 10 minutes longer we would not have had three points. Shots hit the post on both sides and we were punished by a silly defensive mistake. I was impressed with the substitutions, particularly Fredricks. His burst of speed was what we needed. Credit is also due to Gary Bowyer, his substitutions were perfectly made to counter us.

I am cautiously optimistic for the season though, if we can go for a full 90 minutes with the first half effort more often I will reevaluate my assessment. It has been a long time since I have looked at the first 11 and been happy with it and the bench, even with the injuries.

I hope to be proved wrong and to be celebrating come May, but as of now I will say we will finish 9th.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

H4usuallysitting

I said in an earlier post that Fredericks had blistering pace (my mate a Spuds fan was gutted when he left)..... I think we're now a top ten side - but if we strengthen again in January, who knows maybe top 6

Lighthouse

I tend to agree. Top ten and who knows even an outside bet for the play offs. As I keep on saying (sorry). Another season of squad rebuilding will take it s time to gel. But we are close this season than we have been for some time in having a decent squad. The sometimes over criticism of the team is born from the past high expectations by some and the reality that we were actually a very poor side.

Now we are better. A good top ten side.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Peabody

I have said before, I do not expect with Fulham, rather I hope. I have found this method to be more beneficial. So, on that basis, I hope Fulham will at least reach the play-offs. See, that leaves room for optimism and I don't get too disappointed if anything less than that happens.

filham

Apart from Ross and Dembele yesterday's team was made up of new players, they will take time to gel and won't all be a success. We can't expect too much this season.
I am hoping for a solid top ten finish and will be pleased if we do not slip into yet another relegation scrap.

Top six would be beyond my dreams.

Burt

I am not changing my prediction...

Mid-table, which given where we have been and how far we have fallen is good progress. This side still needs time to gel and we will still win some and lose some, but I don't see this season as one where we will pick up the consistency and form required for play-offs. Next season, maybe...

FPT

I think our success depends on momentum - of which we've had none for about three years, just a slow burn downhill. This summer was the first time in the Khan ownership that we've had something solid to build upon, let alone with a structure in place with Mike Rigg and Alistair Mackintosh.  The players we have at our disposal are good enough to be promoted, there's questions about management that will only be answered with time. What we need to do, as simple as it sounds, it continue to win games and build a tidal wave of belief and momentum where we begin to feel unbeatable. A win at Sheffield Wednesday would be huge, our first four game winning streak for five years ahead of three games in a row at home.

I don't think we can expect anything really, we're still learning the full potential about our management, the synergy of our squad and the quality of our opposition. How many people would have said it would be Brighton and Cardiff leading the way after six games?

Carborundum

Was thoroughly entertained, gripped and absorbed yesterday.  Reminded of why football stands head and shoulders above any other spectator sport.

This season my main hope and expectation is that will happen more frequently than in the recent past.

Don't know where we will finish.  We currently have goal difference of +1 from six games.  Based on watching three home games, I suspect our final goal difference will be around that mark at the end of the season.  So somewhere around the middle.  But there is a long way to go and the uncertainty is part of the fun.

alexmur

we should finish top 6 with the team we have, but can our manager get it out of them. on another note how good was loners,should have been man of the match.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

grandad

The question is - Would our present squad be good enough for the Premiership ? The answer is no.There would have to be a massive investment & I mean massive to be able to compete with even mid table teams.We are probably looking at a minimum of £50 million.
I am not sure if that I want promotion this season. I would be happy to finish 8th to 10th. That would give us next summer to start to bring in players not only good enough for a promotion push but to form the basis of a squad able to hold our own.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FPT

Quote from: grandad on September 14, 2015, 09:22:03 PM
The question is - Would our present squad be good enough for the Premiership ? The answer is no.There would have to be a massive investment & I mean massive to be able to compete with even mid table teams.We are probably looking at a minimum of £50 million.
I am not sure if that I want promotion this season. I would be happy to finish 8th to 10th. That would give us next summer to start to bring in players not only good enough for a promotion push but to form the basis of a squad able to hold our own.

That's the case anyway. Any promoted team will need to spend that money to compete - very little exceptions, especially as Khan would not want to see us down again. Don't be surprised to see us break our transfer record again swiftly following any promotion.

F(f)CUK

Would love to know what people would have said if Blackburn had taken all their open goals and won 7-2.  Would love our defence to click, to pick up a few flukey wins and then end up gaining confidence.  Mid table still seems reasonable.