more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (15/09/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 14, 2015, 07:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Bowyer: The Feeling Is One Of Major Disappointment

I'm not sure what more Blackburn Rovers could've done (aside from scoring more goals, which we gave everything to do) against Fulham on Sunday!!

Fulham might've won 2-1 at Craven Cottage, however, Blackburn were worth a point at least weren't we?? Robbed of a clear goal when Grant Hanley's effort (even if it more hit him than him hitting it) wasn't given when it cross the line that would've seen us come back from 2-0 down.

The early goals for Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele, some good play from Fulham but poor Rovers defender, had them in control but for the second half and periods of the remainder of the first half we dominated and had enough chances to win let alone take a point!!

Rovers Manager Gary Bowyer told The Official Blackburn Rovers Website: "The feeling is one of major disappointment. We've come here against an expensive side and we've been the better team by far. After going behind it was a fabulous response from our lads.

"I think Lonergan was the man-of-the-match by a long way. He saved from Delfouneso and Marshall in the first half and you come in thinking we are more than in this game as we could have quite easily been level.

"So we asked them to have a good go and to leave nothing and give it everything you've got, and you certainly saw that.

"We hit the bar, we hit the post, we had one cleared off the line, and we've had one actually cross the line but the officials didn't do their job properly."

Andy Lonergan kept out Nathan Delfouneso, Ben Marshall and Craig Conway with Jordan Rhodes hitting the post (and missing other chances, some he would've been expected to take given his goalscoring ability) before he finally scored his first goal of the season from the penalty spot after being fouled by James Husband.

Then we saw the Jamie O'Hara clearance off the line with the Rovers frustration rounded off when Fode Koita also hit the post with Lonergan beaten by his strike at the end of the match.

Bowyer's taking positives though, adding: "We'd be concerned if we weren't creating chances.

"It is something that we've got to stick at and keep that belief and eventually it is going to turn for us.

"We haven't lost the game though lack of effort or a lack of commitment, we just haven't been lucky enough in front of goal and with certain decisions."

I'm not going to be critical of Bowyer and really don't think too many can be??

The Manager made decision to look to bring Rovers back into the match, the poor defending for the Fulham goals couldn't be helped by him could it (unless you want to look at those he selected??) with the chances we missed (and Lonergan saved) down to the players so I for once feel that GB is right to feel a major sense of injustice.

The worrying thing is that it took us going 2-0 down to get that reaction, would it have been the same had we been a couple of goals behind??

Read more: http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=413377#ixzz3ljmTlaPa

WhiteJC

Play your part in a film about England's greatest player

Money is needed for the film on the life of former England, West Ham and Fulham legend Bobby Moore

Bobby Moore during his Fulham days (Photo: Ken Coton)

A Kickstarter campaign has been launched to fund a film on the life of England, West Ham and Fulham star Bobby Moore.

Bo66y is a new feature documentary on the man Pele called the "world's greatest defender", and will be released in summer 2016, to mark the 50th anniversary of England's only World Cup win.

It is produced by sports journalist and broadcaster Matthew Lorenzo and features exclusive with interviews with Wayne Rooney, Roy Hodgson, Sir Geoff Hurst, Martin Peters, Paul Gascoigne, Frank Lampard and his father, Harry Redknapp, George Cohen, Gordon Banks, Norman Hunter and Russel Brand.

The film aims to be completed with crowd funding from football and film fans worldwide through the Kickstarter platform.

The only man to captain an England World-Cup winning team played for Fulham between 1974-77, following a glittering 18-year career at West Ham.

He played for the Craven Cottage outfit out in the 1975 FA Cup Final, which they lost to 2-0 to his old team.

It proved to be his last appearance at Wembley, where he lifted the Jules Rimet trophy nine years earlier.

He died in 1993 after losing his battle against cancer.

Matt said: "Bobby Moore is a forgotten hero: there are people who still love him, but he's been lost from popular culture and that's why I want to make this film -to celebrate his life with the people who love him most.

"We want to invite the fans to be a part of this historic film. With their help, we'll be able to do his story justice and make the film part of the legacy he truly deserves".

Perks for participating in the Kickstarter campaign will include tickets to private screenings with celebrity guests, the funder's name in the film credits, match tickets with exclusive access to players, and a chance to meet a football legend.

To see the Kickstarter campaign for Bobby Moore The Movie visit www.bobbymooremovie.com.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/whats-on/film-news/play-your-part-film-englands-10011455?

WhiteJC

Leeds and Reading On Sale

Tickets for the Whites' October home fixtures against Leeds United and Reading are now on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members.

With only two home league games in October, the Whites take on Leeds on Wednesday 21st October (7:45pm) and then Reading three days later on Saturday 24th October (1:30pm).

Prices start from £20 adults and £10 juniors and Season Ticket Holders can purchase additional seats now. Members can also take advantage of their £5 midweek discount at our Leeds fixture.

All seats will go on General Sale from Monday 21st September.

Purchase today online, by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/14/leeds-and-reading-on-sale?

WhiteJC

Fulham rejected the chance to sign Chelsea defender

Sky Bet Championship outfit Fulham turned down the chance to sign Chelsea defender Papy Djilobodji earlier in the summer, reports the Telegraph.

The 26-year-old defender, who is also able to play as a defensive midfielder, was almost on his way to Craven Cottage until the London club turned down the chance to sign the Senegalese man.

However, in a shock turn of events, the defender signed for Premier League champions Chelsea from Nantes towards the end of the summer transfer window. It was a transfer that not many Chelsea fans understood due to their high expectations when it comes to incoming players.

Perhaps more controversially, Jose Mourinho has stated that it wasn't his decision to sign the player and the high profile boss has left the defender out of Chelsea's Champions League squad.

First team football would have been more likely to be found at Fulham for the Senegalese, as he finds himself far down Mourinho's pecking order at Chelsea.

Whether or not he will be loaned out the gain first-team experience remains to be seen, but what is clear is that Chelsea have gained a player that a Championship club didn't want in their ranks. That seems a shock considering the quality Chelsea have at their disposal.

Chelsea also caused a shock by signing Reading's Michael Hector towards the end of the summer transfer window, but the ex-Reading star was loaned straight back to the Championship club.

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-rejected-the-chance-to-sign-chelsea-defender/?#RZcOG2T08Zx41Wgp.99

WhiteJC

Andy Lonergan admits Fulham got away with it against Blackburn

Rovers effort did cross the line - but not seen by the officials

I don't believe it! Ben Marshall (L) wonders how Andy Lonergan has just saved his header as Jazz Richards clears up

Andy Lonergan admitted Fulham got away with it in Sunday's 2-1 win over Blackburn.

A second-half effort from Rovers' Grant Hanley did cross the line only to be scooped away by James O'Hara, whose torso obscured assistant and referee's view. Note video, and apologies for the quality.

There's no goal-line technology in the Championship, so all three points went to Lonergan and co.

The keeper was also a key factor in elevating Fulham to a heady 11th. One save in particular, as the former Bolton custodian denied Ben Marshall, was twin to the famous Gordon Banks save against Pele in World Cup 1970.

All in a day's work, shrugged the modest gloveman.

"When you play teams like Blackburn, the balls come into the box a lot," he said. "It was pretty intense. I think the last time I had a game like that was when Rory Delap was playing for Stoke, so a long time ago.

"I am happy to contribute whatever way I can.

"I knew it (Hanley's effort) was a goal. I looked and was amazed that they did not give it."

Hero: Andy Lonergan

For all that, Lonergan reckoned justice evened itself out when Jordan Rhodes converted a penalty after the Rovers forward was adjudged shoved in the back by Whites left-back James Husband.

"I don't think it was a penalty, so it evens itself out," added the keeper.

"In the first half I thought we were absolutely outstanding. You will probably struggle to see a better display of football. Everyone wanted the ball and it was brilliant. They went longer in the second half and we found that difficult to cope with.

"Anyone watching that first half will think Fulham are a serious team."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-lonergan-admits-fulham-away-10050296?

WhiteJC

It's over the line whines Bowyer

The weekend's Championship fixtures ended yesterday when Fulham beat Blackburn Rovers 2-1 at Craven Cottage in a game that certainly had its own talking points, particularly with what Blackburn thought was a point saving second goal.

I was enjoying the game when Fulham led 2-0, after all we weren't breaking any squares in the ODI cricket, but it got a bit tense in the second half when Jordan Rhodes scored a penalty and it looked as though they might get something.

There's little doubt that they did get the ball in the net again but this is the Championship, not the Premier League, and without the goal line technology it was never going to be given.

Needless to say we had to put up with whining from the mumbling Gary Bowyer after the game. "We've had one actually cross the line but the officials didn't do their job properly," he said.

To be honest, I can't see how they could give it. The referee could never have been in position to see it and the assistant would have had to be superhuman to be convinced it had gone in.

Bowyer is calling for technology in the Championship, but the concern is he's a bit two faced. Had that been at the other end of the ground with his own team escaping, he would not have said a word about it.

When I was checking the results on Saturday night I spotted that Preston's Daniel Johnson had scored a consolation goal in the 13th minute of stoppage time in their 2-1 home defeat against Derby. What on earth could force so much extra time I thought.

It turned out to be former Claret Chris Baird who had suffered a head injury that stopped the game for over ten minutes before he was stretchered off. Thankfully it isn't as bad as feared at the time and Derby head coach has suggested that Baird could even be available by the weekend.

It's not been the best of weeks for the player who came in to help us out when Kieran Trippier suffered a hamstring injury in the promotion run in. Now Derby captain, he was sent off just days earlier after picking up two yellow cards in a matter of seconds playing for Northern Ireland.

if the weekend ended at Fulham, then it certainly started at Reading where the home side murdered Ipswich 5-1 with the first Championship hat trick of the season from Orlando Sa.

Listening to the commentary from Don Goodman you'd have been excused for believing that Reading were world class; they played well but Ipswich were poor and defensively were nothing like a Mick McCarthy side.

The best goal of the night was scored by a Claret. Well done to Oliver Norwood; it's not just us he scores against with long range strikes.

Anything Sa can do, so can Clayton Donaldson who got his first goals of the season for Birmingham, three of them to be precise in a 4-2 win against Bristol City. Steve Cotterill said he needed to improve things defensively and brought in loan signings Liam Moore and Nathan Baker; a 4-2 defeat was the result.

An early goal from Tomer Hemed gave Brighton a 1-0 win, a result which has kept them on top of the league. Cardiff are second now but four points behind and then come Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Burnley and Hull in the play-off positions.

Blackburn and Huddersfield are in the bottom three. Both have three points which is one more than bottom club Rotherham.

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/its_over_the_line_whines_bowyer_870318/index.shtml?

WhiteJC

Charlton Tickets

Tickets for the Whites' away fixture against Charlton Athletic will go on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members from 10am on Tuesday 15th September.

Fulham kick-off the month of October with a lunchtime fixture at The Valley. The Whites were unbeaten against Charlton last season, and ticket prices for the first league meeting between the two sides this campaign are £22 for adults and from £5 for juniors.

A number of travel disruptions will be in place on the day of the game, and as such to ensure supporters are able to get to The Valley with ease, the Club is delighted to offer subsidised travel to this fixture. Adult coach tickets will cost just £5, whilst juniors can travel for free*.

All tickets will go on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members on Tuesday morning. Remaining seats will then go on General Sale from Tuesday 22nd September.

*When purchased with a paying adult.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/14/charlton-away-tickets?

WhiteJC

Kits View - Blackburn (h)

Three wins on the bounce, two in the Championship and one in the Capital One Cup, have shed new light on a season that was, already, reminding us of last season.

The latest of those three wins, against Blackburn Rovers on Sunday, saw Fulham play some sparkling football in the first thirty minutes before going off the boil as Blackburn, 2-0 down, worked their way back into the match.

In the end, Fulham were grateful for a decision that went our way, when Jamie O`Hara clearly headed the ball out from behind the goal-line.

After the game, Kit Symons felt that 'Lady Luck` had smiled on Fulham remarking,

"The one that was ruled out looked like it had crossed the line.

"I feel for Gary. But I`m not going to apologise for us having a bit of luck. We`ve had enough bad luck.

"I`ve always been an advocate of goal-line technology - just not today."

And as for the general performance, Kit added,

"We played really well in the first half.

"The penalty was a bit soft. But we knew we`d be in for a bit of a siege after half-time."

We survived the siege, thanks to some excellent saves from Andy Lonergan, plus that little bit of luck.

Next stop Sheffield!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=413429#ixzz3lmef9JJF

WhiteJC

Lonergan: It Was Our Day

Andrew Lonergan's standout performance on Sunday against Blackburn Rovers earned him a Man of the Match nomination, but the Whites keeper was disappointed that despite a stellar first half display, a nervy second period meant that Fulham were forced to "grind out a win even from a pretty comfortable position."

Speaking to fulhamfc.com after the match, he said: "To play as well as we did first half was such a positive. I think we were up there with the best in the league.

"But to be as bad as we were the second half... Credit to them, though, they were a very direct, physical team. Every time they got the ball it came in the box and we had to find a solution. Whether we did or not didn't matter on the day, we won 2-1."

Blackburn's goal came in the 68th minute through a penalty awarded to Rovers when James Husband was adjudged to have shoved Jordan Rhodes. But the scoreline could have been a lot different if it wasn't for the outstanding efforts of Lonergan throughout the match.

"I saved one in the 90th minute onto the post," the goalkeeper said. "Once I'd done that I thought we'd win the game. I thought, 'that's our day today.'

"I was happy with the performance, but I was also a bit disappointed. I think we all lost our edge for about 10 minutes, did a few sloppy kicks which could have cost goals. But in general I'm happy."

It is a feeling that resonated throughout the team at the final whistle.

"We are disappointed because we could have had it a lot easier," he admitted. "But looking at the league table, we've got another three points on the board and that's what you want.

"We will probably have a couple of days' recovery and get back on it for Saturday, which I imagine will be a similar type of game.

"I've only been here six or seven weeks but I feel like I've been here forever. It's such an easy place to come in and settle. I think it's the same with everyone else. We all get on really well. It's a down to earth good group."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/september/14/andrew-lonergan?