News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mark Hughes News/Views and Statistics courtesy of Wikipedia...

Started by Tktd, July 28, 2010, 01:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hughes

Quite an interesting read. Has done pretty well in all jobs he's taken on especially considering his limited amount of managerial experience. Also took Blackburn to Europe and got them into the top 10 on a regular basis. Also goes to state his transfer history which to me looks impressive.

He bought David Bentley for £500,000 to Blackburn... amongst others.

Mr Fulham

Plus a very fulhamish moment against Arsene Wenger -
Hughes vs Wenger

And another great find -
Mark Hughes shows Roque Santa Cruz how it's done!!

A player we might see at Fulham in the new campaign? Roque?

os5889

Hughes:-

Great international career, nearly took Wales to Euro 2008, lost playoff to cheating druggy russians (1-0 loss over 2 legs) and had 2 wins over Italy in the group (my old favourite football memory before last season)

Did well with Blackburn taking them to Europe, got the short shrift with impatient overexpectant City board.

Hodgson: -
Great international career, nearly took Finland to World Cup 2010, led Switzerland to Euro 1996

Did well with Blackburn taking them to Europe, got the short shrift from player selling impatient board

TonyGilroy

Hodgson clearly is more hard headed and ruthless than he appears. Also, as we all know, he favours dour, defensive, safety first football.

Hughes was seriously successful at Blackburn. I'd be happy if he replicated that with us. He won't play less attractive football than Hodgson although it will likely be more robust.

Fernhurst

Agreed , I'd be happy to see Hughes in post and was my choice at the outset.... not sure we can afford or suit a super big name manager.

Mark may be happy to hang his hat at Fulham for a few years......