watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our defence so far this season.

Started by Russian rob, September 18, 2015, 07:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russian rob

Much improved from last season .Maybe due to the fact that there is no Parker to mis-direct us.Last year it seemed to me that far too often we looked like a Hungerian woman trying to stop a refugee in our penalty area.(Hope no ban for me)!

FulhamStu

I think we need to give our totally new defence at least 10 games to build up an understanding.  Having said that - I agree its already better, so in 10 games time we should be really fit for purpose.  I think one of our weaknesses is still defensive midfield.  We are great going forward because our midfield are all attacking players, O'hara plays the so called holding role but he is a creative player more than defensive.  I like attacking teams, but think we need an option when we need to defend.  Having said that, this is presumably why we bought Matilla.  The Blackburn game would have been ideal for Matilla to come on to shore things up, the fact Kit left him on the bench suggest he is not very good !

colinwhite

Bodurov ,Hutchinson ,Burn , Grimmer , Kavanagh ,Stafalydis . None of these were good enough to keep us steady .Roy Keane playing in front of that lot would have had hard time keeping it solid . In his heyday Parker was not a defensive midfielder but a box to box player .

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: colinwhite on September 18, 2015, 05:58:39 PM
Bodurov ,Hutchinson ,Burn , Grimmer , Kavanagh ,Stafalydis . None of these were good enough to keep us steady .Roy Keane playing in front of that lot would have had hard time keeping it solid . In his heyday Parker was not a defensive midfielder but a box to box player .

As a unit together, they were a poor combination, but Dan Burn and possibly Shaun Hutchinson, but certainly Burn, would not look out of place in a Fulham  back 4, containing three of our new signings.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Forever Fulham

:plus one:
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 18, 2015, 06:14:02 PM

As a unit together, they were a poor combination, but Dan Burn and possibly Shaun Hutchinson, but certainly Burn, would not look out of place in a Fulham  back 4, containing three of our new signings.

hovewhite

burn and hutch good back up nothing more.