News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we ever had a Fulham player..........

Started by Fernhurst, February 02, 2010, 03:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Who ran as fast as Rooney and Nani at the Arse............jet propelled or what?

Boa in his pomp????

We are generally a bit more sedate don't you agree????

The Doctor

Gus Uhlenbeek had pace to burn.  Just no ball control.  Much like me - and tonight I will be giving my weekly Gus tribute at 5-a-side

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Mr LB is right, Les Barrett was faster than most
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

OldBrownShoe

Quite right LB! And we shouldn't forget Jimmy Conway.  Fastest of all was George Cohen who could run a 100 yards (as was then) in  10 point something seconds if I recall correctly.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Fernhurst

Quite right LB ;D

I was so proud of him when he won an Under 23 cap.....

LBNo11

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 02, 2010, 03:29:17 PM
Quite right LB ;D

I was so proud of him when he won an Under 23 cap.....

...against Greece if I recall, sadly Les Barret was an "old fashioned" style winger with blistering pace whose impact on the game may have been more pronounced if only Sir Alf Ramsey had just made it unfashionable to have wingers, still with man ure and spuds sniffing around at one time I am glad he stayed with us...

PS: Fat Freddy - Grrrrrrr!!! >:(
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

mccscratch

Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

HatterDon

For a stocky little guy with short legs, Malcolm McDonald could FLAT FLY!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ron

jim conway was no slowcoach either. In fact he was a good match for Les Barrett on the right

ron

Oops, sorry OBS, just noticed you already mentioned JC.

AmericanJames

I know you guys like slagging him off, but Eddie Johnson has got incredible pace, the guy has ridiculous speed. He just has shite for touch. Though he did just score his first goal in the Greek league over the weekend.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

CorkedHat

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

finnster01

Dear Lord, is the bard back? Please say yes.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

CorkedHat

Well I'm sort of back Mr Finn.
I am returning to the outback one day next week but from now on I shall be spending 32 weeks in Victoria and 20 weeks in Brisbane.
I have three books on the go which I must finish by the end of the year - this means a lot of discipline and even more solitude but I shall try to visit you on this MB as often as I can. I have gone through some rough times with my health over the past two months ( my ulcerated foot was only one of the many problems) so I must complete my books whilst I can.
To those of you to whom I usually email I shall do this when I get home.
Meanwhile thank you all for your kind messages and I promise to visit you as often as I can.
By the way it took me a while to work out how a 69 year old could be in the Youth Academy but then I remembered this is how another supporters website designated the frequency of their posters.
As for the Exiles website JC - I don't think so. We are all one happy family at Fulham and I don't know what I would want to say to my fellow exiles that I wouldn't want to say to my UK bretheren.  Except perhaps to my good mate GCW but I can say let's have a drink at the Elephant & Wheelbarrow on the phone!

Lighthouse

We miss you Mr Hat Sir and I envy your writing skills. Take care of your health but remember there is always a home and ready eyes hoping to see your comments from youngsters like me to the really really old, um... not like me. Take care.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fernhurst

Three books..... Bloody hell
Takes me all my time to complete a sentence, that's why we ( the mighty unwashed)miss your luscious literary trips into the realms of yesteryear or the outrageous adventures of Dusty and his various flocks

Take care young man and post as often as you can manage.

COYW

CorkedHat

I should point out that two of the three books are almost finished. Indeed one of them needs some editing and it will be right to go.
It normally takes me three to four months to finish off the first draft.Then I edit it before it goes on to a proper editor so by this time it is about six months before one book is completed.
My novels are usually around 150,000 words.  I try to write about 1500 words at one go - that's about four to five foolscap pages so you have an idea of what is required in terms of discipline.
For those of you who think that you have a book in you, do please get typing. It is rewarding and it doesn't matter if you or your immediate family are the only people ever to read it.
Write about something you are familiar with and never try to be predictable as to what is going to happen. Remember you are in charge of the characters and you can do what the hell you like with them!
I am still waiting for the first draft from one of our newly appointed moderators - so find the time RR and get cracking.