watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matilla

Started by Chesh, September 22, 2015, 10:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesh

Thought he was very good tonight. Broke it up, kept it moving, and didn't give the ball away.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

H4usuallysitting

love4ffc

This is good to hear.  The squad, and Kit, need options and he sounds like he is viable one.  Especially since for the price that would make him a great find. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

fulhamben

Which begs the question to me. why when we were 2 0 up against Blackburn, and we're getting battered did we not bring him on. If ever a game called out for a dm, it was that  one
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

love4ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on September 22, 2015, 10:36:55 PM
Which begs the question to me. why when we were 2 0 up against Blackburn, and we're getting battered did we not bring him on. If ever a game called out for a dm, it was that  one

Excellent question.  Hopefully Kit saw something tonight and will think to use it in the future. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

fulhamben

Quote from: love4ffc on September 22, 2015, 10:38:27 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 22, 2015, 10:36:55 PM

Excellent question.  Hopefully Kit saw something tonight and will think to use it in the future. 
I was thinking to myself after the Blackburn game that he must be crap if he couldn't even get off the bench during that. Hopefully it was just a case of kit not really knowing what he was about. Could be a real option for when Jamie tires in games.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Ron91

He played very well today! I think we should bring him off the bench more often to shut out games.

Carborundum

He did fine in his first proper runout.  Kept it simple and let LVC take the risks.  Viable option for a long hard season. 

@jolslover

I thought Hyndman looked good also when he came on. But yh agree Matilla was solid
STH H3

YankeeJim

Seems like Parker's spot is getting smaller & smaller.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Tonywa

Did his job simply and well. Broke up any number of attacks and moved the ball on well. Also pleased to see Hyndeman get a little time on the pitch after a long wait. To my eye he always looks a class act and appears to have that little bit of extra time which marks out a good player.  I think I would be more sorry to lose him than any of our other youngsters as he seems to have that extra bit of class.

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: @jolslover on September 22, 2015, 11:42:43 PM
I thought Hyndman looked good also when he came on. But yh agree Matilla was solid

Matilla looked very decent, Hyndman had about 4 maybe 5 touches? So don't think comment could be passed on him.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Barrett487

I've been out of the loop, so i've not caught either of our last two games. I'm technologically baron at the moment, but sneaked some internet.

I was very positive about Matilla's move and hoped each week to see him feature, in the vain hope that he would provide a solid link between defence and attack. His dead-ball skills could be potentially advantageous as well.

it's good to hear some positive feedback...... does anyone think he could  be a regular?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Yes, agree. Matilda looked very solid and comfortable on the ball and Hyndman looked comfortable and creative.

Woolly Mammoth

I was pleasantly surprised and he has a lot to offer, he did the simple things well, and was busy, and had good upper body strength. Looks a decent signing.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2015, 12:26:59 AM
I was pleasantly surprised and he has a lot to offer, he did the simple things well, and was busy, and had good upper body strength. Looks a decent signing.

Thanks Mr M, positive reply.....  if he realises his potential he could be a fixture (not in the unmoving Berbatov sense)

snarks

Think I did notice though was when Tunni came on, the team broke forward quicker, Tunni was more direct. Matilla did a good job of breaking up play, and playing the easy ball but didn't inject any pace when he won it.

I accept that's a minor issue, I thought he was very solid generally

Beamer

I didn't realise that Parker had been out all this time with a spot, but good news that it is shrinking. Must have been a pretty nasty one in a most unpleasant place.

The King

Rather impressed that no one has yet to spell his name correctly.

Whitesideup

Reasonable performance in a low-key (especially first half) game. I didn't think he was quite as tidy on the ball as some thought,  but he was reasonable.

I thought we saw enough of Hyndman to say in the time he was on, he looked pretty good. And I agree with the comment that he is possibly one of our best prospects and I really want to see him stay and get more pitch time.