watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Passengers

Started by Max Headroom, September 23, 2015, 09:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

We are moving in the right direction but we do currently have a few passengers.... I.e people who are not trying or not good enough

Kacaniklic. His final pass just isn't good enough and he is too lightweight on the ball. I'm no longer happy when he is in the team. Replace with Williams or Frederickswhen back. Someone with pace who will take on a man

McCormack. Something isn't right in the land of supermac. Not a shadow of the player last season. I would rest him for a game or two to give him a jolt so he comes back fresh and eager. Cairney can play in his role allowing us to play some pace out wide.

Last night I thought Christensen was back to close to his best.  :008:

filham

Fully agree on all points but it will need a brave act from kit to drop Ross.
We need pace in the wide positions and the only candidate seems to be LVC who looked very good last night.

Rudolph

When Kaca returned after being loaned out, he was like a different player.  He looked stronger and had a bit of guile about his game and we benefited initially.  All of this has gone now and he is back to being the player we've seen before. 

Would this be down to motivation?  Playing for a manager he doesn't believe in? 

snarks

Not so sure about Kaka

When on the right, great run in the first half to go past his full back. A couple of good runs that bought fouls round the edge of the box later in the game too. The problem is he is so one footed, that on the left he has to go outside, and on the right cut in. His right foot is purely for balance.

I think he can add a dimension as a player to run at them when the other side are tiring

Horsfield_No9

Not convinced Woodrow is or will ever be a Championship level striker. Don't think he touched the ball in the first half. Kaca will never get any better, he is a lower half Championship player or maybe suited to another league.

Tunnicliffe is so tenacious right now. Worth his place and much improved on last season, I assume didn't start so he's fresh for Friday? When him and Moussa came on we looked miles better. Matilla had a decent home debut and like someone said Lasse looked back to his best.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

MJG

I'm not going to write off either Woodrow or Kaca. I'm convinced there is a good player somewhere inside Kaca but he's been fucked around so much he looks confused as to what he can and should do. That's down partly to the various coaches he's had to deal with.
As for Woodrow he needs to build himself up a bit,  saw Sidwell just easily take the ball off him at one stage I'm the first half without breaking sweat.  But technically he's a good player and I think his problem is partly down to playing with Ross. They just don't work well together.

alexmur

with the right manager all of the above players would be at their best, for me the problem is kit. either he is too soft or they just don't trust his game plan, they have all proved they can play he is just not getting the best out of them. is it a coincidence dembele is playing better while in the middle of contract talks. it's time to kick a few arses.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Delboy

Also thought Hyndman looked lively in his cameo appearance last night. We should be trying to persuade him to sign a new contract.

Peabody

Quote from: alexmur on September 23, 2015, 12:08:03 PM
with the right manager all of the above players would be at their best, for me the problem is kit. either he is too soft or they just don't trust his game plan, they have all proved they can play he is just not getting the best out of them. is it a coincidence dembele is playing better while in the middle of contract talks. it's time to kick a few arses.

So Kit is to blame for all our problems? Turnstiles didn't open, that's Kits fault. Programme sellers were not in the right place, oh yea that's Kit again. What about the trains not being on time, yup Kit caused that.

I am not saying Kit is perfect but please, whilst he has the job, let's cut him a bit of slack.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Delboy on September 23, 2015, 12:17:51 PM
Also thought Hyndman looked lively in his cameo appearance last night. We should be trying to persuade him to sign a new contract.

I think that ship has sailed. As far as I know he won't be signing. Kit basically said there is nothing more they can do there.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Supermitch

When we first signed Berbatov he seemed to bring out the best in Kaka who has over the past couple of years unfortunately appeared to go backwards.  Clearly has talent but there's certainly something missing from his game, certainly a lack of decisiveness.

Woodrow was left too isolated, he needs to play alongside another forward and not someone who drops off / drifts out in the way McCormack does.  Dembele has that extra physical presence which helps him, would be good if Cauley could "beef up" a little.

Wimbledon_White

#blameKitforeverything #symonsout

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Rudolph on September 23, 2015, 10:48:05 AM
When Kaca returned after being loaned out, he was like a different player.  He looked stronger and had a bit of guile about his game and we benefited initially.  All of this has gone now and he is back to being the player we've seen before. 

Would this be down to motivation?  Playing for a manager he doesn't believe in? 

That has to be it, right? I had a horrible commute in to work this morning. Nobody was driving the way I thought they should be. Traffic was terrible. I just wasn't motivated to get to the office. Definitely Kit's fault!  :028:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Ordar

Woodrow is terrible, and should be on loan to a league 1 or 2 side. (and yes I know he scored this season). It is an utter waste of time having him and McCormack on the same pitch. I have absolutely no idea what people see in him, apart from enjoying him running around aimlessly, not being able to hold the ball up or win any headers, and being a striker who rarely looks like scoring.

Kaca is also useless. He's had so many false dawns, and he's no longer a "young" player, he's in his prime. He has absolutely no end product, and should have been sold while he holds some kind of value.

Jimmy Hill

Thought kaca had an ok game but woodrow really didnt make an impression and agree that he cant play with Ross as half of cauleys game is coming deep and linking the play but he was asked to play up top last night. Id judge him more when he plays off a striker like smith or dembele. 

simplyfulham

I do tend to understand the frustration with Kaca, but I feel the criticism aimed at him can be unfair.

He doesn't do anything wrong really it's just more often then not he fails to be a effective in the final third.

I feel we are more harsh on him bcause of his background. We are more upset that he hasn't progressed as much as looked like he would at one stage.

I don't see the same criticism of Ben Pringle and while he is more effective in the final third, I feel he's not as adapt at getting into the attacking areas that Kaca picks up.

If we had picked Kaca up on a free from Rotherham would we be a little more leaniant on him? If Ben Pringle was the Swedish wonderkid from the Liverpool academy would we hold him to a higher standard?

snarks

Cauley is good at closing the oppostion down. He is not a target man. If we want to press from the front he's ideal and will grab the odd goal.

As said, he just doesn't gel with Ross. I'd like to see him and Moussa together, but that's as likely as finding a hens tooth.

copthornemike

Quote from: Supermitch on September 23, 2015, 12:28:58 PM
When we first signed Berbatov he seemed to bring out the best in Kaka who has over the past couple of years unfortunately appeared to go backwards.  Clearly has talent but there’s certainly something missing from his game, certainly a lack of decisiveness.

Woodrow was left too isolated, he needs to play alongside another forward and not someone who drops off / drifts out in the way McCormack does.  Dembele has that extra physical presence which helps him, would be good if Cauley could “beef up” a little.

Comment about kaka and Berbatov is well made, the same could be said from what I gather about him linking well with Ibrahimovitch in the Swedish national team.
However last night he did look lightweight, not particularly quick and I thought low in confidence as he preferred to always take the safe option, i.e  no obvious intention to take on a beat and defender. Ultmately he might be better in the middle of the park but too many others look better. In terms of his final ball he could do worse than look  at Pringle's delivery in tghe second half. Quite a few lovely crosses which were begging for a Smith to get on the end off.
One thought I came away with last night was that neither team had real pace until  Anautovitch came on and he immediately set up a couple of sitters which fortunately they did not even get on target!
I also think Woodrow is another season away from being a bone fide starter physically speaking.
In summary I would not call Kaka & Woodrow passengers, they certainly were not short for effort, but definitley are 'work in progress' currently.   

Carborundum

The Ross McCormack I was watching last night worked hard to make things happen and certainly wasn't a passenger.  Stoke played some talented defenders so it was never going to be easy.

alexmur

Quote from: Peabody on September 23, 2015, 12:22:14 PM

So Kit is to blame for all our problems? Turnstiles didn't open, that's Kits fault. Programme sellers were not in the right place, oh yea that's Kit again. What about the trains not being on time, yup Kit caused that.

I am not saying Kit is perfect but please, whilst he has the job, let's cut him a bit of slack.
the programme sellers don't have any effect on the team, kit is not experienced enough he has had plenty of time to get results anything short of promotion is not good enough in my book. he may prove me wrong but it's highly unlikely. we have the squad I'd like to see the owner take it seriously and get the right manager.