watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

woy expects more signings >>

Started by tingtawng, July 28, 2010, 06:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tingtawng

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson expects more signings to arrive before end of transfer window
Reds boss keen to add further depth to his squad...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/27/2044562/liverpool-boss-roy-hodgson-expects-more-signings-to-arrive
By Daniel Sheppard

27 Jul 2010 21:45:00

* Roy Hodgson
    * Javier Mascherano

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is confident of further adding to his squad before the end of this summer's transfer window following the captures of Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic, Jonjo Shelvey, and Danny Wilson.

Hodgson, who will take charge of his first competitive game as Liverpool manager on Thursday in the third qualifying round of the Europa League against Macedonian side Rabotnicki, has spent a little over £3 million in transfer fees this summer, and the former Fulham boss is hoping there will be more new arrivals at the club.

"I am very excited and happy for the club that we have been able to sign three players of this quality," Hodgson explained at the unveiling of Cole, Jovanovic, and Wilson.

"It was important we made some signings early on and made clear to everyone that our intentions are very serious.

"I think it is clear from the players alongside me we are serious and we have been fortunate enough to acquire their services.

"We're still interested in some other players. I hope this won't be the last of our signings.

"The aim of the club, the aim of the board, Christian Purslow and everyone at the club, is to try and make this squad as competitive as possible.

"We haven't signed the players to put out any statements - we've signed them because we want to be a better, stronger squad and we think these players can help us become that.

"In football you put pressure on yourself and when you work at a top club, the pressure is obviously great, but it doesn't matter what club you work at in the Premier League, the players and manager at that club will be under pressure to do well.

"We know we are under pressure to do well and we're answering the questions as carefully as we can, but we're also very realistic and know there is a big job to do.

"Rome was not built in a day, we've got that in mind, but the important thing for the fans to know is that we will be working towards the targets they have set for the club.

"If we can sign several more to make the squad even stronger then that will also help further.

"It's something of a new dawn when a new manager and players come to a club and you don't put to right things that have gone wrong overnight.

"You have to work at that and that's what our job will be."

Regarding the completion of three deals already this summer, Hodgson admitted to being impressed by each player.

"There is no doubt we are talking about three quality players," Hodgson said.

"Joe and Milan's careers are well documented and you don't need me to go over them.

"They have both had great success at international and club level, and in Danny Wilson we have acquired the services of one of the most exciting prospects in Scottish football.

"All three of them had a lot of interest from other clubs.

"I'd like to think all the players we are interested in are interesting other clubs because we set very high standards."
IN SVEN VE TVUST

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

he's not our manager,I really not interested,and IF I was in charge(which I very grateful I'm not) I wouldn't have things like this posted,it just winds people up :014: :014: :014: :014:have you ever posted anything positive?????

HatterDon

I completely agree, Julian. I'm sure those of us who might be interested in what's going on in the Red Half of Liverpool can check out the club's web site, read The Echo, or watch Sky Sports News. [Roy got more air time yesterday than he got in six months of managing Fulham.]

The rest of us could give a crap what's going on up there.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimpav

Well said Gents.

I for one am sick of reading about Roy in the Metro. He's been given pages of coverage since becoming Liverpool manager. More than we ever got.

It's a bloody London paper.

FC Silver Fox

I still can't get over seeing Woy on Sky Sports giving interviews about his team and its not us. It just doesn't feel right somehow. Thievin' scousers.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

mrska

I hate it when they talk about the Europa league and we're not in it.  Heros to Zeros!

I thinks we should of qualified by making the final!

Clutching at straws i know..  but i think we deserve a place..

bigalffc

I wonder if Woy would still be with us had we won nthat night in Hamburg.
I too have no wish to know about liverpool until we play and beat 'em.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: mrska on July 28, 2010, 08:11:20 PM
I hate it when they talk about the Europa league and we're not in it.  Heros to Zeros!

I thinks we should of qualified by making the final!

Clutching at straws i know..  but i think we deserve a place..
You didn't even want us in it Skasie , lets  not forget your little wallball or what ever it's called clip. Dont try jumping on the Euro bandwagon now it's left town.  :033:  Fat Fred Euro believer right from the start.

FatFreddysCat

And your right Syd t twanger does seem to love a depressing wind up. I also couldn't give a feck what Woy is doing in the land of thieveing smackheads. Really hope we turn them over this year.

mrska

Yeah thats true Fredsta...  I was proved wrong..  i hang my head in shame..  I was worried we didnt have a big enough squad for both...

Ho Hum x

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 28, 2010, 08:23:17 PM
And your right Syd t twanger does seem to love a depressing wind up. I also couldn't give a feck what Woy is doing in the land of thieveing smackheads. Really hope we turn them over this year.

the Liverpool game will be a sellout,wonder what reception Judus. :005:....I mean Roy will get?

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on July 28, 2010, 08:33:14 PM

the Liverpool game will be a sellout,wonder what reception Judus. :005:....I mean Roy will get?

Maybe I'm just a bit soft, but I hope Roy gets a good reception. He took us to a European final! He saved us from relegation! OK, his move to Liverpool has soured things a bit, but I hope we remember everything he did for us and show that we appreciate what he did.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: ImperialWhite on July 28, 2010, 09:30:38 PM

Maybe I'm just a bit soft, but I hope Roy gets a good reception. He took us to a European final! He saved us from relegation! OK, his move to Liverpool has soured things a bit, but I hope we remember everything he did for us and show that we appreciate what he did.

I'm undecided at the moment,him jumping to Liverpool at the first chance he got leaves a very sour taste in the mouth to be honest,THE FIRST CLUB TO BE INTERESTED IN ROY HE WENT-just think about that for a minute,the FIRST CLUB,I just get the feeling we were used big time and it still stings, I feel like the plain girl at the bar when the cheerleaders have just walked in :dft004: :dft004: :dft004:

FatFreddysCat

I should imagine a bit of a mixture, i'd say a polite clap amongst the Riverside, half and half booing everywhere else. If he'd have left before the World cup, when he surely knew he was going, i'd have clapped him if by some miracle i was at the game, but i think he's left us in the sh1t, cant say i hate Woy, he's given me some of the best nights of my life, but i really hope Liverpool feck up next season.

Jimpav

I would still stand up for Woy Hodgson and would be very disappointed if he wasn't given a warm
reception. He took is as far as we could go and more and acted with our best interests at all times.

He may have joined liverpool but he hasn't tried to poach Brede or Schwarz. We would have been  in more trouble if he had left us now as opposed to 4 weeks ago. Ajax are the villians in this piece.

The very best to Roy, just don't rub our nose in it on here.

Lighthouse

Of coarse one post about Roy has generated an awful lot of replies considering nobody gives a sherbert Dab. I used to like those.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope