watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Second season in row we miss out on Chelsea

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, September 23, 2015, 10:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

For the second season in a row in the League Cup we have failed to win at home meaning we missed out on welcoming Chelsea to the Cottage in the next round on both occasions. Would loved to of played that lot down the road? Cup shock?

St Eve

That's why yesterday was not a good result in many ways

Blanco

bog

Blanco, why don't you think we would hammer that lot?

092.gif

MJG

Question...how do we know we would have had the same number as Stoke?

leonffc

Quote from: MJG on September 24, 2015, 10:22:32 AMQuestion...how do we know we would have had the same number as Stoke?

Exactly what I said to all the Luton fans at work after Stoke put them out

Take Me Home MAF

Butterfly effect.

If we did beat Stoke, there would have been a different scenario of events leading the draw which would have changed the situation.
If the team you get beaten by in a draw gets someone thenit does not mean it would of 100% been you.

However, it does raises the idea that a win against Stoke COULD of generated a tie with Chelsea...which would of been very nice

MJG

Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on September 24, 2015, 10:44:01 AM
Butterfly effect.

If we did beat Stoke, there would have been a different scenario of events leading the draw which would have changed the situation.
If the team you get beaten by in a draw gets someone thenit does not mean it would of 100% been you.

However, it does raises the idea that a win against Stoke COULD of generated a tie with Chelsea...which would of been very nice
Likewise it could have been away to Carlisle

Supermitch

Quote from: MJG on September 24, 2015, 10:22:32 AM

I think the teams are allocated the numbers as a "match number" which is why the numbers to teams appears erratic.

alfie

Quote from: Supermitch on September 24, 2015, 11:13:02 AM
Quote from: MJG on September 24, 2015, 10:22:32 AM

I think the teams are allocated the numbers as a "match number" which is why the numbers to teams appears erratic.
This is correct, last nights game Spurs/Arsenal the commentator said that whoever wins they will be no.15 in the draw.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't