watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The big difference ..

Started by colinwhite, September 26, 2015, 09:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

for me tonight was our 2 new centre backs. Don't get ne wrong this was a great all round performance with our attacking threat going forward looking better than ever. Fredricks pace down the wing gave us a new dimension , but he also and even mor importantly covered his far post well. Great performance throughout the team but the big difference for us tactically moving forward is our 2 centre backs .

Teams have worked out that if they press us high we have a problem. Last season we simply couldn't cope with that.Now that we have  ream and stearman in the middle ,who are both so assured on the ball and constructive in their play , we are quite a different proposition to play against . If you go right up and press Ohara and Tunicliffe , they play back to ream or stearman who in the last 2 games have been able to find the feet or Ross or Moussa . If teams shut out the central areas then we play wide to husband or fredricks . If they shut of our full backs ohara can spray it around with accurate longer passing . We don't aimlessly play the ball forward at the moment . Tunnicliffe is also box to box making him the perfect partner for ohara . Cairney has been superb , always an out ball finding constructive solutions in the tightest of situations . Moussa is going to be a top striker and ross i sharp as a knife .
Congratulations to Kit and Rigg for getting the right players . Great to see and I for one think we can push on from this , we have the quality .
COYW!!!!! 049:gif

filham

A lot of good things to say about last night, everyone did well and it would be difficult to name a man of the match.

It should not go unnoticed how well O,Hara and Tunnicliffe  shielded the back four. Whenever Rangers attacked they always seemed to be together in just the right position, it seemed at times as if we were playing two holding midfielders.

colinwhite

Agreed. When you have central players comfortable on the ball it also makes it so easy to play out from the back. Gone are the days of hutchinsons hoofs towards Rodallega !

hovewhite

A couple of games ago I backed us at paddy power at 22/1 to be promoted and we now have a squad to get us up,so well done to kit and rigg for getting the players kit wanted.
Coyw

Bronaldinho

I completely agree.

2 centre backs who remained vocal throughout the game was vital, It helped structure the team, O'Hara and Tunnicliffe in front of those were magnificent.

Best performance we've had in a long time and the style of play was fantastic.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Twig

Another big difference was the speed we moved the ball through midfield.  Not every attempted pass came off but we moved it around with great pace.  QPR were always on the back foot and that sort of movement takes some pressure off the centre backs.  So many good things about last night.

Whitesideup

The whole of the back 4 for me were tremendous. Fredericks not only offered something going forward, he made a couple of great interceptions in the first half that would have been clear-cut opportunities otherwise. And Stearman made a couple of outstanding blocks, one in each half. And I agree with the comments on Tunners. Not only is he working like a Trojan, I think this run of games is building his confidence and he is starting to look very good. And as Ordar said in a different thread, O'Hara is a class act. He just knows how to make himself available and is always creating space and time.

Max Headroom

Move and pass, move and pass, comes with confidence. Saw it for the first time in ages last night.....

Exciting times again.... At last

PokerMatt

I pointed it out in the match thread last night that it didn't look as though Stearman and Ream had much to do. But that was entirely down to their reading of the game, their talking to each other and their different yet complementary skillsets.

They were simply brilliant, as was everyone. But firmly agree that their calmness spread throughout the whole team - I don't remember one panicky moment to be honest, and I can't remember the last time I could say that.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Burt

Yes... A clean sheet at last! I can't remember the last time we managed that.

f321ffc

Quote from: hovewhite on September 26, 2015, 10:08:44 AM
A couple of games ago I backed us at paddy power at 22/1 to be promoted and we now have a squad to get us up,so well done to kit and rigg for getting the players kit wanted.
Coyw
I took that 22/1 as well, if we get promoted it will be a double celebratIon. COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

alexbishop

Quote from: Burt on September 26, 2015, 12:01:24 PM

April I think
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

The Enclosurite

Quote from: f321ffc on September 26, 2015, 12:08:52 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on September 26, 2015, 10:08:44 AM
Coyw
I took that 22/1 as well, if we get promoted it will be a double celebratIon. COYW

And me!!   049:gif
¡COYW!

colinwhite

Wonder what the odds are now !

YankeeJim

Glad to see all the happiness and optimism. I notice that the usual negative blokes are no where to be found today. Anyone wish to bet that they'll be back in force at our next poor outing?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Supermitch

Quote from: alexbishop on September 26, 2015, 04:00:21 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 26, 2015, 12:01:24 PM

April I think

Blackpool away

YankeeJim

I just finished the replay. I watched it with the intent of figuring out why the team was so good. I really think that it came from the fact that we didn't lump the ball forward. Stearman and Ream brought the ball up. In effect, they made the pitch 30-40 yards shorter for the attack. Ross & Moussa got the ball in QPR territory rather than the center circle. They seldom missed a pass and positioned themselves and communicated very well. Fortress on the Thames just might be back.
As a side note, Pringle was sensational. 
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.