watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Someone needs to have a word

Started by Peabody, September 30, 2015, 10:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I have mentioned this in another thread. Somebody ought have a word with our match day announcer. I was amazed when he came on the pitch during the warm up, Wolves players were just yards away, when he started reading out tweets that our fans had sent in, they were all along the lines of 'Well done Fulham for QPR, now let's smash the Wolves etc etc. Now, I am no genius but if anything is going to get the opposition, then this sought of thing is, especially when they re within earshot. Now, I am not saying he lost us the match, that was done by others but it certainly made Kenny Jackets job easier.

Wolf

On the one hand I wouldn't expect the Wolves players to have heard it, being focused on their warm-up rather than audio drivel.

On the other hand I wasn't listening, was using my phone, heard it clearly and thought "that's just stupid"
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Andy S

I don't rate the new announcer He talks much too fast for a PA system and most of the time from where I am in the ground he cannot be understood

jelmo

Peabody

Quote from: jelmo on September 30, 2015, 10:23:57 AM
Yeah. That's the reason we lost...

If you carefully read my opening, you will find that I said that

PokerMatt

I think this would have had zero influence on the result.

Maybe if it was tweets from Kit, or anyone to do with Fulham other than fans it might have had a small impact. If they even heard it, the Wolves players would know that fans of clubs are over-optimistic at the best of times.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

jelmo

Quote from: Peabody on September 30, 2015, 10:29:30 AM
Quote from: jelmo on September 30, 2015, 10:23:57 AM
Yeah. That's the reason we lost...

If you carefully read my opening, you will find that I said that
I think there are bigger issues with our team than the announcer reading out pointless tweets before the game. I know that you hate Kit criticism but I'd be more inclined to have a word with Kit rather than the stadium announcer.

The performance drop off from a few days ago was horrible to watch.

nose

Quote from: Peabody on September 30, 2015, 10:07:13 AM
I have mentioned this in another thread. Somebody ought have a word with our match day announcer. I was amazed when he came on the pitch during the warm up, Wolves players were just yards away, when he started reading out tweets that our fans had sent in, they were all along the lines of 'Well done Fulham for QPR, now let's smash the Wolves etc etc. Now, I am no genius but if anything is going to get the opposition, then this sought of thing is, especially when they re within earshot. Now, I am not saying he lost us the match, that was done by others but it certainly made Kenny Jackets job easier.

actually I agree...even if it doesn't wind up the other team I thought it bad etiquette and why bother to read out the tweets anyway!

I also think he speaks too quickly and cannot always catch every word.

Chesh

Have to say, I find the guy a bit embarrassing.

Every game at half time, he announces 'let's hear it for Biiiiiiiiiiiilly Baaaaaaaaaaadger!!!!!!!!', to a response of complete silence.

Surely he'd realise by now that such a fanfare is met with total indifference every game, and we don't need such a big  announcement.

He's certainly not a natural, and seemingly has to read everything he says, which just comes across as false.

At least he doesn't come out with the even more embarrassing Diddy Hamilton line of 'let's have a clapper rehearsal!!'

Nothing against the lad personally, so maybe more of a dig about the script than the announcer,but I prefer the method of places like Anfield where a non visible chap reads out meaningful announcements from a box. 
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

bill taylors apprentice

He likes the sound of his own voice and IMO likes to use 12 words when 3 or 4 would do nicely.

Makes me cringe every game, basically he's a tw@t!

bobbo

He's had to follow a polished professional and that was always gonna be hard. Not sure if it's just me but everything is just much too loud before, halftime and after the game , all at times when you want to have a chat with your surrounding buddies.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

hovewhite

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Chesh on September 30, 2015, 02:06:11 PM
Have to say, I find the guy a bit embarrassing.

Every game at half time, he announces 'let's hear it for Biiiiiiiiiiiilly Baaaaaaaaaaadger!!!!!!!!', to a response of complete silence.

Surely he'd realise by now that such a fanfare is met with total indifference every game, and we don't need such a big  announcement.

He's certainly not a natural, and seemingly has to read everything he says, which just comes across as false.

At least he doesn't come out with the even more embarrassing Diddy Hamilton line of 'let's have a clapper rehearsal!!'

Nothing against the lad personally, so maybe more of a dig about the script than the announcer,but I prefer the method of places like Anfield where a non visible chap reads out meaningful announcements from a box. 

I reckon Sepp Blatter better known as Septic Bladder will be out of a job soon, and I reckon this announcers job at Fulham is right up his Alley. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Swan

When he introduces the teams just before the start of the game he says something like,

Lets hear it for QPR and Fulham, or Wolves and Fulham.

As we are the home team he should say Fulham first.

Also why do they play I Love you Baby at the start of the game instead of at the end.

Apart from that he is useless.
The Swan

bobbo

Quote from: hovewhite on September 30, 2015, 08:15:08 PM
Can't really understand him .
Quote from: hovewhite on September 30, 2015, 08:15:08 PM
Can't really understand him . what I can't understand is Korean writing , can't read a word of it
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Carborundum

Quote from: The Swan on September 30, 2015, 08:32:47 PM

Also why do they play I Love you Baby at the start of the game instead of at the end
Good question.  Every time they do it we seem to struggle.  Please save it for after a win.

Not going to join in the criticism of our announcer.  He does it better than I could.  Somebody has to do it and he is the chosen one.  But a radio broadcasting legend is a hard act to follow.

Woolly Mammoth

Perhaps he could arrange swop jobs with Kit
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.