watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We have some very, very odd fans around this Club

Started by Wearethewhites, October 01, 2015, 05:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

We spend a lot of time mocking fans from other Clubs, but as a Club ourselves, we do have some very strange oddballs about. 

I don't intend for this post to get anyone's back up, but based on this, I've just recently left a few Fulham FC related Facebook groups, for these exact same reasons.

Not sure if it's deliberate, or wether certain individuals have nothing better to do with their time, but they really do give this Club a bad image.

Gone are the days where you can have a decent debate about FFC, your opinions mean nothing, and they're now just met with violent replies, threats, or a good old mugging off.

What really amazes me, is that a few of these individuals seem quite genuine, are not afraid to 'put theirselves about' on social media.

The Facebook side of FFC is really letting the Club down big time, and like the Offal a few years back, I think the Club should step in and have these so called unofficial groups shut down.

gezkc

I know the official FFC Facebook page is constantly swamped with posts by spammers. I haven't noticed any threatening comments on there, but then I don't really use it much.

Woolly Mammoth

I can imagine, I reckon they get a kick out of winding people up knowing they cannot be touched, sad as it is, the temptation is there for them.
But for as many Odd individuals out there, there are far more Even people.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

As soon as someone starts swearing with foul language I just block them. These Groups don´t seem to be moderated too well as much as Ed Holford & David Lloyd try.
Where there's a will there's a wife

win-dup

Morons and cowards whose halfwit opinions would never have been heard outside of their own circle and those unfortunate to stand near them at a football match, now have the world at their fingertips to spout their drivel. Best bet is to either leave, or antagonise them until they implode.

Blanco

Logicalman

Quote from: grandad on October 01, 2015, 06:49:47 PM
As soon as someone starts swearing with foul language I just block them. These Groups don´t seem to be moderated too well as much as Ed Holford & David Lloyd try.

:plus one:   0001.jpeg
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Jims Dentist

Nothing to do with social media but on the subject of odd fans, does anyone remember the self proclaimed Fulham Eccentrics Club.
They used to hang out in The Chancellors and made it too most weekend away games.
I hear a few of them now assemble in The City Arms before games.

nose

that is an interesting post
I agree
I often feel that there is a small group on this board that ignore me for ages and when i critises a poor performance or series of performances I get a lot of unnecessary personal stuff hurled at me.... heavens knows why.

However there are lots of very good people too who are prepared to debate, 'robustly' and that is what i do enjoy, and that keeps it vibrant.

i do not understand the personal abuse, and clique type stuff, it is childish, I do think it is mainly adults that are happoy to hide behind the annonymity of the net... i am only nose because it amuses me to use and AKA but every few years I revert to my real name, but then I try not to hurl personal stuff.

Blanco

Quote from: nose on October 02, 2015, 10:10:31 PM
I agree
I often feel that there is a small group on this board that ignore me for ages and when i critises a poor performance or series of performances I get a lot of unnecessary personal stuff hurled at me.... heavens knows why.

However there are lots of very good people too who are prepared to debate, 'robustly' and that is what i do enjoy, and that keeps it vibrant.

i do not understand the personal abuse, and clique type stuff, it is childish, I do think it is mainly adults that are happoy to hide behind the annonymity of the net... i am only nose because it amuses me to use and AKA but every few years I revert to my real name, but then I try not to hurl personal stuff.

Man, shut up nose!  :005:

nose

Quote from: Blanco on October 02, 2015, 10:15:30 PM
Quote from: nose on October 02, 2015, 10:10:31 PM
I agree

Man, shut up nose!  :005:

096.gig     094.gif     :yay:

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.