watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-The Valley

Started by bog, October 02, 2015, 11:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Will be marching onwards to the Valley on Sunday with no idea of how we will play. Never been to this ground before. I remember when the place held well over 60,000 and also in the '50's when they beat Huddersfield 7-6 after being 5-1 down with 20 mins to go....with ten men. One of our former players, Johnny Summers, scored 5. Sadly Johnny died in his early 30's. 

If you are going Kent Cassandra I may see you there.
Also if the legendary OBS sees this I still have not got my 'phone back yet! Royal Mail? More like snail mail. 
Over and out.
092.gif

Burt

Last time I went there was in the mid 80s, old division 2, we won (2-1, I think) but can't remember much more than that!

Patrick

Apparently we sold 1800 tickets......so should be a good day out...

bog

Hope we all enjoy the day!!

092.gif

Scrumpy

The first time I went (early 80s) they still had the huge terrace along one side. Now that was something else and must have been incredible when it was full.

Nowadays, The Valley is more like most 'generic' stadiums but is usually a good day out with relatively friendly locals. I'm on one of the boats for this one. Hope the team turns up this week  049:gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

bog

Many good times recalled fellow supporters. Except your fall Woolly! Wonder if we will be waving our shoes....COYW!!!  049:gif

092.gif

Holders

I remember a game there in probably the mid-70s when their programme suggested that their crowds were low because they were neither fighting for promotion nor against relegation. We were below them in the table and at real risk of relegation. It was a good game, I thought we were edging it but we went 2-1 down with about 10 minutes to go. In the last few minutes we got a corner and Fred Callaghan went up for it - that didn't happen very often. I was behind the goal and thought "if anyone's going to score it'll be Fred". The rest is history - the game finished 2-2, we stayed up and they went down and it was the only goal I ever saw Fred score. I did like their "stadium" (we called them grounds then) with that ancient stand opposite the huge bank with the top just railway sleepers and cinders.

Happy days...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Kent Cassandra

Sorry Bog
Have caught the stomach flue and the away toilets at the valley are too far away from the stand.
Don't use the fish and chip shop in greyhound Road!!!
Have finally ploughed through all the Fulham clippings and it is surprising how ones memory and reality differ.    Have you moved yet?
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

dannyboi-ffc

I have a great record at the Valley.  5 games and never seen us lose so hopefully that will continue. I'll be there bog if you are intrigued to meet the dannyboi behind the mask
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging