watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There's disappointment - and then there's real disappointment

Started by Kentish Gent, October 04, 2015, 04:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

I think the fact that because Fulham talked about promotion as every side does. Fans are using it as another stick to beat the club with. Anybody can see that rebuilding the squad twice in two seasons does not make us likely to win promotion. Even the bookies have us down as struggling this season. But we are much improved from last season. I saw tactical errors by the manager but am sick to death of this hysterical manager out reaction. Symons apparently is at fault for everything but had nothing to do with rebuilding the squad and only the players are praised when we do well.

The reason the Rugby was mentioned is because our fans seems to over react far more than the Rugby fans did with England over a far more important occasion. The fact that people don't like the game is missing the point. Something at least Fulham didn't do on Sunday. See what I did there?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Ordar

No-one likes rugby. I'm glad England went out so all the bandwagon fans can now stop pretending to like it.

As for Fulham, the trend of both, conceding late goals and consistently allowing free headers from set plays and crosses is totally unacceptable. Symons has used 20+ players in defence and none of them can seem to do the basics defensively. There is a major issue with the coaching and it needs to be fixed.

mikestrand

The thing is we've got a good bunch of players who if allowed to play their plan A game can win games
The problem is the good managers in this division won't allow that to happen, when faced
with this Kit doesn't have the answers.

nose

Quote from: Kentish Gent on October 04, 2015, 04:00:29 PM
OK, so we're all disappointed that we chucked away a two-goal lead. Cue the usual ( and SO boring) 'Kit Out' rants. Question: how many of you would have taken an away draw before this game, particularly in view of the poor Wolves result?

England getting booted out of the World Cup last night was a much bigger disappointment for me, because there's no way back for the rugby boys. Not the same for the Whites. Long season ahead, and absolutely no reason to believe that we won't qualify for the play-offs.

Ignoring the rugby which was predictable and in any event a game i loathe (not starting an argument just my opinion and I am happy for those that like it)....

To say we got an away point as an isolated event would usually be classed as a good thing, even against a team seemingly in free fall like charlton. But at two up with 20 minutes to go and comfortably in control... I am excessively distraught we dropped two points very unnecesarilly and it was on this occasion 100% down to Kit's ineptitude.

Watching the whole game, as I did, it became apparent he decided to change tactics and cease pressing charlton. This was evidenced by the offensive free kicks and corners we took in the last 20 minutes, sending only a token couple of players forward, rather than press for a third. Sending on a half fit, loanee into midfield was a disaster, garbut was dreadful and more than that did not seem in the slightest interested as playing with the other 10 players, he was taking the watsit.

But  the insanity of taking off ohara for so few minutes when he was our best player on the day causing them real grief.... reminded me of charlton being withdrawn V germany, I actually thought that as it happened, which meant they could gamble on comiting another player forward...the point about keeping him on at 2 1 was he occupied one of their midfielders, matilla wouldn't occupy anybody. Kit simply allowed us to sit back for 20 minutes, rather than insist we press forward.... that was his sin, two games in a row he has cost us big time.

I suggest if we do not get a result at boro, and by that I mean three points OR an exceptional performance, then time for Sam or Pearson, or my preference Poyet. But I cannot easilly ciope with so many avoidable errors of judgment.  and what does curbs do? he clearly isn't doing anything positive, we got worse when he turned up for rene, and we have got worse all over again.

I am totally unhappy with the last two games, and it is entirely the manager's fault that we were so inept V wolves and so pathetic having had victory within our clasp yesterday.

alfie

Quote from: Skatzoffc on October 05, 2015, 08:46:54 AM
Quote from: alfie on October 04, 2015, 06:04:36 PM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on October 04, 2015, 04:49:05 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 04, 2015, 04:12:59 PM
No disrespect to your post, but is this really the ambition of FFC lately? When faced with poor games, we now get fans saying "Before the game, how many would you have taken a draw at Charlton?" No I bloody would have not.

The aim is supposed to be top 6 this season, and throwing away points to poor sides like Charlton are not going to cut it. I want to see us hold on to 2-0 leads without giving away silly set pieces and goals in the 90+6 minute.

:plus one:

To be fair why are you bringing up a stupid rugby game where we were totally outplayed. Not interested.

I'm only interested in Fulham and im sick to death of these dreadful displays.

To be fair why don't you just ignore the post then, you did not have to comment

Because he posted it.
That what forums are for you feckless goon.
8-)

Wow you have to make insults to prove your argument. You said you were not interested so again why did you just ignore it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Logicalman

I have to agree with nose in his comments concerning the poor subbing decision. I always believed two golden rules in football:

NEVER defend a 1 goal lead 
Look for 3 points at home and 1 point away and that'll be good.

Unfortunately, subbing of O'Hara indicated that Kit felt he could break the first rule as there was so little time, left, but why? Introducing a fresh player, who had only partaked in the game from the sidelines at such a crucial time, was not what should be expected.

I understood the Dembele/Woodrow switch, fresh legs up front posed a greater threat on the Charlton goal, but I didn't notice that Pringle had received a knock, and he was always dangerous, so his subbing did surprise me.

Following the Wolves debacle, yes, I would have happily settled for a point away at Charlton this weekend, and so like others, I wasn't too down about the result, but to throw away a 2 goal lead was, at the very least, disappointing, and cannot be fully ignored just because we did gain an away point.

I know there are some that expected us to push for promotion this year, I wasn't, and I am still not one of those. This year I felt was Kits opportunity to build his team, and perhaps push for a top 10 finish, and provide the basis for the big push the following season, though I can understand those that feel we should have bounced back sooner.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

PokerMatt

I think it's a myth that we 'dominated' yesterday. It certainly didn't seem like it watching the game - our second was against the run of play and we could have been a couple down before we started playing in the first half.

Stats would suggest to back this up as well - 50/50 possession and they had 5 more shots than us.

Charlton really should be no threat - if we were serious about promotion, winning games away from home against teams in the bottom 10 in terms of quality should be happening. And even more so from 2-0 up with bloody 9 minutes to play.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Ordar on October 05, 2015, 10:32:00 AM
No-one likes rugby. I'm glad England went out so all the bandwagon fans can now stop pretending to like it.

As for Fulham, the trend of both, conceding late goals and consistently allowing free headers from set plays and crosses is totally unacceptable. Symons has used 20+ players in defence and none of them can seem to do the basics defensively. There is a major issue with the coaching and it needs to be fixed.

"No one likes rugby"    very difficult not to offer personal abuse.
Are all these people who hate rugby English or remotely patriotic, and don't care England were knocked out.
"An air of snobbishness" not like Man Utd or Arsenal or cricket, polo and tennis then ?
The Wales and Oz games were 2 of the greatest sporting occasions of recent years irrespective of the results and manner of defeat.
As an Englishman I would support the English tiddlywinks team if I knew when it was being played never the less such a high profile event.
But never mind there's always Fulham and only Fulham, I forgot this is a Fulham forum only.
EehAww.

The comparison between the 2 was a selection and decision making issue.
Lancaster apparently picked the wrong players, made the wrong substitutions and the players made bad choices on the pitch (in front of 80K+ and a huge worldwide TV audience) slightly more important than Woodrow missing a chance at the Valley.
We could all see what went wrong yesterday, the O'Hara substitution was incomprehensible etc

The crux of this at the moment is that QPR were so awful and Chris Ramsey made the wrong decisions, his players didn't get at us at all which allowed us to play and it all gelled on the night.
Possibly a bit of a one off but let's hope not.
We certainly not the only team in this division with aspirations, although probably the richest.
Possibly the infatuation with home-grown CS-experiences players is biting us a bit.

In the meantime, now that England are out I will turn my attention to supporting Wales, Ireland and Scotland, admire some of the other great rugby and be in awe of the All Blacks (I can't think of any football teams who perform the HAKA before a game) or are the non-English people on here also non-UK folks.

Finally, it would be Fulhamish (whatever that means) for us to sneak a win at Middlesborough and the title race is back on.

Come on you Leeks, Thistles and Shamrocks
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 05, 2015, 11:15:49 AM
Yes nose, as you quite rightly have identified, taking the man of the match Jamie O'hara off the field of play, as I have mentioned many times before, was the worst decision since Abraham Lincoln said to his mrs, "I am fed up kicking around the house, let's go take in a show".

Actually I hate to argue with you... but I am going to.

The worst descion ever was not lincln and not even ramsey's two substitutions in leon Mexico 1970. Cruising to victory against W germany Alf removed our very best player and allowed beckenbaur free reign. BUT the worst one was not reliveing Alf of his duties on his return home. As it was he presided for another three years of mega decline of english international football. And what made it worse, brian clough, who i firmly believe would have turned it round AND won the world cup for us, was overlooked because his face didn't fit! As it was we got the totally ineffective don revie. Don was great at Leeds but was clearly the wrong choice as international manager because even he was flawed in that his team, whilst being the dominat force in english football spectacularly ubnder achieved in gaining domestic honours in the way that liverpool pressed their advantage.

Not sacking Alf was the worst descision ever my dear Mr Mamoth. By the way there was a documentary on BBC last night about your ilk, thoroughly fascinating, I hope you saw it too.

Kent Cassandra

Before the match the forecasts for the match on this forum was 14 went for a Fulham win, 10 forecasted a Charlton win and five thought it would be a draw. One even got the score correct.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.