watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There's disappointment - and then there's real disappointment

Started by Kentish Gent, October 04, 2015, 04:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentish Gent

OK, so we're all disappointed that we chucked away a two-goal lead. Cue the usual ( and SO boring) 'Kit Out' rants. Question: how many of you would have taken an away draw before this game, particularly in view of the poor Wolves result?

England getting booted out of the World Cup last night was a much bigger disappointment for me, because there's no way back for the rugby boys. Not the same for the Whites. Long season ahead, and absolutely no reason to believe that we won't qualify for the play-offs.

fulhamben

Quote from: Kentish Gent on October 04, 2015, 04:00:29 PM
OK, so we're all disappointed that we chucked away a two-goal lead. Cue the usual ( and SO boring) 'Kit Out' rants. Question: how many of you would have taken an away draw before this game, particularly in view of the poor Wolves result?

England getting booted out of the World Cup last night was a much bigger disappointment for me, because there's no way back for the rugby boys. Not the same for the Whites. Long season ahead, and absolutely no reason to believe that we won't qualify for the play-offs.
there's even less reason to believe that we will make the play offs. What is your optimism based on, one good performance against qpr?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wearethewhites

No disrespect to your post, but is this really the ambition of FFC lately? When faced with poor games, we now get fans saying "Before the game, how many would you have taken a draw at Charlton?" No I bloody would have not.

The aim is supposed to be top 6 this season, and throwing away points to poor sides like Charlton are not going to cut it. I want to see us hold on to 2-0 leads without giving away silly set pieces and goals in the 90+6 minute.

andyk

Ther are,certainly, reasons to be optimistic. We have shown an ability to dominate teams and an ability to compete with every team in this division. Question is, will this team get better as the season goes on or is this as good as it gets?
My view is we will get a bit better, but not a lot better and finish top 10, but, probably, not in the play-offs.

Nero

let me ask you a question if before the season you I told top six was our aim would you being 13th after 10 games with a manager who cant seem to see out games and probably finish 13th or there or there about be a bigger disappoint them the rugby boys. but hang on let hope they dont sack Lancaster it cant be his thought hes just the head coach so cant be accountable for his players who screwed it all up

Carborundum

Wise heads drummed in to me the rule that every away point is a good point.  Frustrating though the last quarter of the match was, I'm glad we are making chances away from home.  Doesn't sound like the team went there looking for a draw and that's good.  The loss of momentum during the match sounded like a confidence problem.

Midway in the table and we seem pretty much bang average in a closely matched division.  For a group of players largely assembled between June and September, that seems OK.  They are certainly an improvement on last year's team.  They can improve further.  They could regress.

There is indeed no way back for the rugby team.  At any tournament there is one winner and every other team finds a way to lose.  A few can claim justifiably that a twist of fate stopped their progress.  The England rugby team can't though.  Beaten by the better team two weeks in a row.

Sport is tough, uncertain and bitter far more often than it is sweet.  Wonderful too.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 04, 2015, 04:12:59 PM
No disrespect to your post, but is this really the ambition of FFC lately? When faced with poor games, we now get fans saying "Before the game, how many would you have taken a draw at Charlton?" No I bloody would have not.

The aim is supposed to be top 6 this season, and throwing away points to poor sides like Charlton are not going to cut it. I want to see us hold on to 2-0 leads without giving away silly set pieces and goals in the 90+6 minute.

:plus one:

To be fair why are you bringing up a stupid rugby game where we were totally outplayed. Not interested.

I'm only interested in Fulham and im sick to death of these dreadful displays.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

RaySmith

We dominated the game for large parts, and there seemed no way back in for Charlton - except you remind yourself this is Fulham, but it was still a good away point- a much better performance than Sheffield Wednesday, though I, too was gutted that we let them/they forced their way back in to the game - but they could have actually won the game.

But still a good Fulham performance to get a point away.

fulhamben

Quote from: Carborundum on October 04, 2015, 04:45:46 PM
Wise heads drummed in to me the rule that every away point is a good point.  Frustrating though the last quarter of the match was, I'm glad we are making chances away from home.  Doesn't sound like the team went there looking for a draw and that's good.  The loss of momentum during the match sounded like a confidence problem.

Midway in the table and we seem pretty much bang average in a closely matched division.  For a group of players largely assembled between June and September, that seems OK.  They are certainly an improvement on last year's team.  They can improve further.  They could regress.

There is indeed no way back for the rugby team.  At any tournament there is one winner and every other team finds a way to lose.  A few can claim justifiably that a twist of fate stopped their progress.  The England rugby team can't though.  Beaten by the better team two weeks in a row.

Sport is tough, uncertain and bitter far more often than it is sweet.  Wonderful too.

Quote from: andyk on October 04, 2015, 04:16:03 PM
Ther are,certainly, reasons to be optimistic. We have shown an ability to dominate teams and an ability to compete with every team in this division. Question is, will this team get better as the season goes on or is this as good as it gets?
My view is we will get a bit better, but not a lot better and finish top 10, but, probably, not in the play-offs.
we didn't compete with wolves, and other than qpr , we have been dominated more in matches than we have dominated
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Twig

Quote from: Kentish Gent on October 04, 2015, 04:00:29 PM

I am not disappointed with an away draw.  I am disappointed with the manner of it.  Oh and the rugby WC is a red herring.

davew

Fortunate to get a draw today, if Charlton had a couple of decent strikers they would have been out of sight! Taped the match and just watched it, can't say I am surprised that we threw away a 2 goal lead, more surprised we didn't lose!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alfie

Quote from: Skatzoffc on October 04, 2015, 04:49:05 PM

To be fair why are you bringing up a stupid rugby game where we were totally outplayed. Not interested.

To be fair why don't you just ignore the post then, you did not have to comment
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

hovewhite

dannyboi-ffc

I don't understand the comparison with England being eliminated from the Rugby? I have no emotional attachment to the sport, in fact I think it's awful. But with Fulham it's not just a game, it's part of my life and I like to see them fulfill their potential. I also don't spend a fortune following Rugby so I feel I am entitled to feel frustrated when I feel the same mistakes are made in every single game.

This isn't knee jerk, fulham haven't just lost twice to Wales and Australia. They have been doing this for 6 months now and enough is enough. If you don't speak out then you might as well not have a voice.

Maybe we would've taken a point before the game but if that excuses the last 10 mins then we might as well not bother turning up at all.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Skatzoffc

Quote from: alfie on October 04, 2015, 06:04:36 PM

Because he posted it.
That what forums are for you feckless goon.
8-)

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

GloucesterWhite

It's not so much the fact that we dropped two points when two goals up, it's HOW we let in those two goals. The same old problem with crosses/deadballs, game after game. What's the point in buying in good players if the manager/coaches can't get the players to perform to the best of their ability. It's surely not rocket science to have a well-drilled defence. Lots of other managers/coaches achieve that.

ffccaz

The morning after the day before and I am bitterly disappointed. I was at the game and yes Charlton should have scored more but then so should we. Subbing Dembele and O'Hara with no game mid week was once again baffling? Moussa and Jamie were playing well Jamie dominating the midfield. So disappointed is probably an understatement. But with our latest performances we were not at all surprised and in the closing seconds it could have been a loss.

win-dup

Well yes, before any away game I would take a point. But not when we were two up with less than ten minutes to play!

As for the rugby, what's that got to do with anything? I think it's a stupid game with traces of dreadful snobbishness attached to it.

Woolly Mammoth

I was very very upset at Fulham blowing a two goal lead, but I was actually more upset at England losing the Rugby, that's how angry I was.
The difference was that I have got use to seeing Fulham behave like the Keystone Cops with Charlie Chaplin in the Dugout, so I half expected it. Therefore, it was not a surprise, but that doesn't make it any easier to take, because it was inexcusable incompetence. Which has become a part of daily life if you are a Fulham Supporter.
As for the comment, any point away is a good point. I dont buy that.
It may have worked 25 years ago, but with the right coaching, you should have as much chance if winning away as at home. It's all about attitude, home advantage is a myth if you can set up a system of play that works away, and another system at home. Too many teams go out away hoping to keep a clean sheet and pillow case. Fulham should be going after maximum points home and away.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Burt

Quote from: Skatzoffc on October 05, 2015, 08:46:54 AM
Quote from: alfie on October 04, 2015, 06:04:36 PM

Because he posted it.
That what forums are for you feckless goon.
8-)

Lets cut the personal abuse please... That's not what this forum is for...

Cheers

Burt