more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

what is Curbishly doing for his money?

Started by Skatzoffc, October 04, 2015, 05:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Is he just a yes man for Kit?

Would we not do better using him as manager ?
At least he has experience of setting up a team.
He is already on the books.

Does he not want the job?
Just putting it out there.

Christ,  I'm tempted to put it to him myself at the next home match.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Burt

Here's some blurb that was communicated at the time:

Former Charlton and West Ham manager Alan Curbishley has joined Fulham's coaching team until the end of the season.

Curbishley has been brought in to help out manager Kit Symons in the remaining 11 matches in the Championship this season.

Curbishley spent a short spell at Fulham as director of football last season - but was sacked when Felix Magath was appointed manager.

Now Symons has added Curbishley to his backroom team, and the Fulham manager said: 'I am delighted. Alan is someone who I know reasonably well. And I know him by reputation extremely well. He's been around a long time with a wealth of experience.

'That's the one thing that myself and my staff, who have been fantastic I've got to say, haven't got at that level. He's got that experience in abundance. I' ll be certainly tapping into him trying to get as much knowledge and use his experience as much as possible.

'I want to be as good as I can be and want the staff to be as good as they can be and I want the football club to do as well as it can. And Alan Curbishley coming in will help that.'

Andy S

That being the case why is Curbishly not the manager

alexbishop

I would say Curbs would take a proportion of the blame, along with the rest of the coaching staff.

The fault lies with the coaching team as a collective right now. I do not point the finger specifically at Kit. Although it is down to Kit to identify faults within the coaching set up and to go to Rigg to see if we can address them.

I mean its as clear as day where the problems lie - if Kit has put Curbs in charge of defensive duties for example - then he needs to get Curbs sacked and bring someone else in.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

alfie

I think we should be fair to Curbishly, he was asked by KS to come in so that he can tap his experience, if he is asked about a certain situation I would expect him to give his own honest opinion, then it should be up to KS whether he listen's/act's on whatever has been communicated to him, he should be big enough to have his own opinion now and see for himself where we are going wrong, I have never understood how managers stand in dug out and can get a full view of everything that is happening, we up in the stands can clearly see somethings that he/others don't.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

H4usuallysitting

With Curbs and Rigg in the background, surely Kit cannot be his own man, and so far this season 3 wins from 10 games and nearer the bottom three than the top six......are they possibly all as bad as each other or is promotion not on the agenda

filham

You wonder if a well established manager , Bruce for instance,  would accept such a set up.

H4usuallysitting

I wouldn't of thought any manager could even operate under these circumstances..... And every time the owner turns up everyone is looking over there shoulder..... A bit of a mess

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Quote from: filham on October 13, 2015, 08:13:23 PM
You wonder if a well established manager , Bruce for instance,  would accept such a set up.

I think they would accept Riggs, but obv not Crubishley. Riggs seems to just be the guy that gets the transfers done. But yeah it does throw up the question of would a future manager with experience want to work under that kind of system

Skatzoffc

Personally, I've always thought a Curbishly type role undermines the manager.
Imo it puts doubt in the minds of the players as well.

They really don't know who to impress on the training ground. The manager who is struggling to hold onto his job or the man waiting in the wings.

I would have preferred thr club sack KS and have Curbs as manager tbh.
But the longer this debacle goes on when Curbs is "helping" KS, you wonder if anything would change in the team if KS went and Curbs took over.
Ho hum

CoYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !