watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our very own FC Silver Fox makes the evening news

Started by Jimpav, July 29, 2010, 08:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

The Evening Standard named you and your post about Bellamy in the fans on the web column. Great to see FOF and Mr French Connection/silver fox getting a mention.

NogoodBoyo

Gi'z us a link then.
Nogood "jobbing for a link, isit" Boyo

Jimpav

Sorry no link- this was in an actual newspaper- we're talking about the big time!

LBNo11

...Jimpav, could you scan the page and post it on here, or send me the scan and I will publish it via imageshack - many thanks...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimpav

I'm without a scanner at the moment LB but I will try and take a picture on my phone. I will keep a copy of the paper though.

NogoodBoyo

There's old-fashioned that Jimpav is.  No scanner, spanner?  He'll be telling us he doesn't have an i-phone next.
Nogood " no fax for fax sake, isit" Boyo

FC Silver Fox

Wow, impressive. Can we conclude that a number of hacks read this forum and are getting their stories from here? Scarryyyyyy  !   The Bellamy post itself was an interesting discussion and a credit to all who posted their point of view.  I hope FoF got a mention too. Its all good pubilicity and shows how far this forum has come thanks to the hard work of all the mods'n'rockers. If anyone can scan the article and put it on here, it would be appreciated.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Jimpav

I've got the pictures on an e-mail now and have saved them to my desktop but don't seem to be able to post them on here as they are not published to the web. Anyone know how I can post them?

LBNo11

...Jimpav, if you have an account with 'imageshack' or 'flickr'(the basic one is free) you can upload the image onto your account - once that is done you can copy the image across. WhiteJC will be able to help with what to do if you have any problems..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Good to see that we have a fully fledged, sensible, almost sober, media hack in Monsieur FC within our ranks  :sir_roy:

M. FC sir, just make sure you don't turn in to a Lawro.

Lighthouse

Now is the Winter of our - Is he there, the critic from... Oh damn and blast. Once again the part goes to Silver Fox. If only I hadn't been polishing by soliloquy quite so hard. Oh well here goes. You were wonderful Silver Fix Darling, quite magnificent. The way you projected was too too sublime. Think the dark glasses are pushing it matey.  :008: :dft003:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

AlFayedsChequebook

The problem I have with this is that it is taken out of context of the good discussion we are having. As someone who held an opposing view to that of FCsilverfox it makes it look like we all believe that view. What is interesting is that they chose that negative comment about Bellamy rather than the many which were very positive.

Burt

Yes, I agree with the man with the chequebook, that discussion was one where the overall sentiment was that Bellamy would be a good capture if Hughes could manage him.

Jimpav

Don't panic Al, this was one of several comments so there were balanced views. This one was obviously far superior because it was from the premier Fulham messageboard, hence I singled it out for special attention.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Jimpav on July 30, 2010, 12:37:47 PM
Don't panic Al, this was one of several comments so there were balanced views. This one was obviously far superior because it was from the premier Fulham messageboard, hence I singled it out for special attention.

:045:   Fair enough!

The Equalizer

Well Silver Fox, I see you're now also a local celebrity. However, you will never surpass my moment of fame before the Europa Final, when I single handedly put a hex on our chances. On national TV.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 30, 2010, 12:49:40 PM
Well Silver Fox, I see you're now also a local celebrity. However, you will never surpass my moment of fame before the Europa Final, when I single handedly put a hex on our chances. On national TV.

Is that on Youtube, Mr Eq sir?