watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"We should have won" - why ? Because KS has assembled a decent squad

Started by Baszab, October 04, 2015, 10:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

Those who are so quick to slag KS off because we "should have won" -- might like to consider that it is KS who has assembled this team from nothing (other than McC) and we should be grateful for making us think "we should have won"

It is a considerable improvement that we now have the players to get into the top 6 - need patience not this pathetic knee-jerk reaction

Now let's support him as he gets the team to play together properly

dannyboi-ffc

I believe Rigg plays the biggest role in player recruitment.  If not maybe you are talking up Symons as a director of recruitment or whatever they are called? Doesn't mean to say that makes him a manager. It's two completely different jobs. And it's just as easy to say, it was Symons substitution of Dembele that turned a comfortable win into a 2-2 draw.

After a year the patience has well and truly worn off and I just don't care anymore about upsetting anyone. I got to this point with Sanchez, Jol and Magath and with hindsight I think my only sin was not getting there quicker.  Same again here, if I had known 6 months ago that Kit would still be making the same mistakes despite having a better squad then I would called for a change much earlier.

It really doesn't make you a better fan to swear blind by a manager. The criticism is only because we care. Sometimes I think I care a little too much. But I'm firmly in the kit out club now and you are more than entitled to your opinion. I admire your loyalty but don't tell me how to think or that it is knee jerk and pathetic. Several months of the same old is not knee jerk from where I'm standing. That's one thing I don't do, I may go off on rants and give strong views but I don't dictate opinions. You have yours and we have ours. Neither are pathetic and saying so takes away from what was a decent point that you make
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Nero

Yes to have a great man like Kit we are truly lucky, i cant wait for him to get the team playing together properly, if only he had a pre season to get them playing together like those lucky boys Houghton and Clarke.

The 5 extra points our tactical genius has mustered so far this season so far over last should see us reach the heady heights of top 15 if we continue this remarkable improvement.  But I'm sure with Fortress Cottage this year we could push for 10th.

So after rebuilding the squad we are probably no better off then we would have been last season if Kit was in charge from the start of the season, but a least Felix only lost 1-0 to Wolves at home

andyk

Didn't see the game, but was listening to Radio 5 commentary. Steve Claridge made several comments during the game about the size of some of the Fulham arses. He picked out Ross and O'Hara, insinuating that they were not in the kind of condition you would expect from athletes at this level.
Are the players unfit, is there a discipline problem, players not eating properly, not following fitness training programmes?

Lighthouse

Quote from: andyk on October 04, 2015, 11:53:53 PM
Didn't see the game, but was listening to Radio 5 commentary. Steve Claridge made several comments during the game about the size of some of the Fulham arses. He picked out Ross and O'Hara, insinuating that they were not in the kind of condition you would expect from athletes at this level.
Are the players unfit, is there a discipline problem, players not eating properly, not following fitness training programmes?

He was supporting Charlton but also attacked Charlton for lacking ideas and allowing Fulham to control the game. Until they didn't.  So I would tend to ignore comments like that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Baszab on October 04, 2015, 10:40:56 PM
Those who are so quick to slag KS off because we "should have won" -- might like to consider that it is KS who has assembled this team from nothing (other than McC) and we should be grateful for making us think "we should have won"

It is a considerable improvement that we now have the players to get into the top 6 - need patience not this pathetic knee-jerk reaction

Amen.

PokerMatt

We should be grateful for thinking "we should have won"?

Might be the most bizarre thing I've read on here for a while.

I don't know the inner workings but I suspect it was less Kit and more Rigg who got in a lot of our players.

That's beside the point. The conceding late and conceding from corners issue is something that was happening a year ago and still hasn't been addressed no matter the players brought in. He's making the same mistakes and hasn't learned a thing. The players are different, Kit is the only constant.

So no, I won't feel grateful.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Bronaldinho

Mix bag of people involved in recruitment, not just one person.

But it was tactical changes that shouldn't have been made that cost us the game yesterday.

We were in complete control, made 3 changes and it all went up in the air.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Bronaldinho

Quote from: andyk on October 04, 2015, 11:53:53 PM

Bit harsh from Claridge, he never was the fittest fiddle on the pitch!

O'Hara is in great shape, he's just naturally stocky and was MOTM again. Controls games, that vanished when Kit decided to take him off.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

westcliff white

He isnt doing great. but then I think most of those complaining are those that wanted him in the first place. Like everyone could not believe we didnt get all 3 yesterday having been 2 up with 10 to go, didnt see the game as my son was playing for his u13 team however seemed like we threw it away. If we had won people would not be so voiceful, however we didnt and again it seems that we were undone at a set piece and a cross coming in. Conceding a goal from a set piece (as often as we do) is down to poor coaching and set up, a goal from a cross is down to players out of position or not closing the ball quick enough.

Having not seen the goals, its hard to see what was what (I will watch highlights later) but the second I believe was a cross and I would ask why our wide players are not closing down or blocking them out, the more crosses that come in the more chance of a centre back not making the ball all the time and therefore more chance of a shot/header on goal. I also heard that someone (Garbutt ?) left his man at the corner, but will wait for sterner comments after as i say watching the highlights (or should that be low lights).

All round its defensive errors, we need to be stronger and Kit has to address it, its a young coaching team barring Curbs, now either we get Curbs on the defence (I don't remember his teams leaking that many goals) or we get another experienced head in. Kit has to open his eyes and make a decision or his time will come to an end.
Every day is a Fulham day

alfie

O'Hara seems to get substituted every game, because he has given his all, this is the first time that i have seen people having a go about it. Yes Dembele was excellent in this game, his work rate seemed to be vastly improved, but Woodrow is better as a target man, but it just did not work, these things you don't know until it happens, if he had not made any subs, we would have got complaints on here for that as well.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

It's all so easy on paper isn't it Westcliffe White?

I'm sure Kit and the players are aware of all the things you say, but for whatever reason we are failing at crucial moments - but it happens to the best teams -look at Chelsea on Saturday, a team known for their defensive solidity, and with top defenders, fell apart, and  players like Terry looked like hopeless novices.

Re Fulham yesterday- you can also look at the good things the team did- attacking and defending, and that we seemed in control until the last 15 mins. You also have to give Charlton some credit, and Lady Luck was on their side.

RaySmith

Quote from: alfie on October 05, 2015, 08:26:10 AM
O'Hara seems to get substituted every game, because he has given his all, this is the first time that i have seen people having a go about it. Yes Dembele was excellent in this game, his work rate seemed to be vastly improved, but Woodrow is better as a target man, but it just did not work, these things you don't know until it happens, if he had not made any subs, we would have got complaints on here for that as well.

0001.jpeg

Yes, O'Hara seemed knackered after  giving everything, and Pringle ineffective - Cauley has come on and scored this season, while Garbutt is a proven top player.

westcliff white

Quote from: RaySmith on October 05, 2015, 08:27:46 AM
It's all so easy on paper isn't it Westcliffe White?

I'm sure Kit and the players are aware of all the things you say, but for whatever reason we are failing at crucial moments - but it happens to the best teams -look at Chelsea on Saturday, a team known for their defensive solidity, and with top defenders, fell apart, and  players like Terry looked like hopeless novices.

Re Fulham yesterday- you can also look at the good things the team did- attacking and defending, and that we seemed in control until the last 15 mins. You also have to give Charlton some credit, and Lady Luck was on their side.
Yep easy on paper, I am not a moaner about Kit far from it, in fact i get slagged off for trying to take positives form games. However, i get frustrated that it happens far to often to us, that had clean sheet written all over it from what I have read until the last 10 minutes. Either the players are not drilled correctly in defensive duties and lack concentration for a full match distance or the manager is coaching correctly. Either one is poor for me, we need to get consistency and start doing the basics right, if you cant then you wont do anything and for me marking and blocking crosses are part of the basics
Every day is a Fulham day

bill taylors apprentice

Putting Sundays game to one side, I very much doubt Symons had much to do with the recent recruitment, otherwise whats the point of Mr Rigg.

IMO the role of manager has been streamlined at our club and his responsibility is purely about preparing the team for match day and getting results.

Being a successful manager is not an exact science, there are many factors but one is "expecting excellence" and getting a performance out of the players.

Its not about being the nicest or toughest, but displaying your own high standards and having the personality to get that over to the players.  

Our manager fails time and again on this.    

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Nero on October 04, 2015, 11:11:20 PM
Yes to have a great man like Kit we are truly lucky, i cant wait for him to get the team playing together properly, if only he had a pre season to get them playing together like those lucky boys Houghton and Clarke.

The 5 extra points our tactical genius has mustered so far this season so far over last should see us reach the heady heights of top 15 if we continue this remarkable improvement.  But I'm sure with Fortress Cottage this year we could push for 10th.

So after rebuilding the squad we are probably no better off then we would have been last season if Kit was in charge from the start of the season, but a least Felix only lost 1-0 to Wolves at home

064.gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Northern Cottager

I'm sorry but if we have the right players and still don't win then that makes KS position even worse.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Northern Cottager on October 05, 2015, 09:38:12 AM

I'm sorry but if we have the right players and still don't win then that makes KS position even worse.

Sometimes I think defending him for the sake of defending him makes him look worse like you've said. Surely if Kit has a better team the same mistakes shouldn't happen as often? It seems to me that the excuses are running out
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Northern Cottager

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 05, 2015, 09:49:51 AM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on October 05, 2015, 09:38:12 AM

Sometimes I think defending him for the sake of defending him makes him look worse like you've said. Surely if Kit has a better team the same mistakes shouldn't happen as often? It seems to me that the excuses are running out

Oh, and also - I could assemble a team good enough on paper to win the league...cherry pick other teams better players, sign the better free's. It doesn't mean I'm good enough to win the league.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 05, 2015, 08:35:55 AM
But he did make the subs. They were unnecessary subs, and he took the wrong people off, he is making mistakes a Sunday morning manager would avoid.
These are basic mistakes, it's not rocket science, better managers than he will ever be, are losing their jobs for less, and on top of that, we conceded once again from a set piece, why isn't Dan Burn playing to deal with these weaknesses that other players who get picked week after week can't deal with.
He has been making mistake after mistake ever since he took the job, but yesterday was unforgivable, his errors bordered on reckless, irresponsible, incompetent, negligent, and as amateur as you will find. It's become embarrassing to watch, and embarrassing to see him interviewed after the matches, to listen to his gormless answers and excuses.

He took the wrong people off in your opinion, he took the right people off in his opinion, it did not work out, so i guess you were correct and he was wrong, if and i mean if we had won no one would have said a word about the wrong subs, and yes i know you will say we did not win, but it is so easy after the event as we all know.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't