watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Watford 0 Fulham 2

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 09, 2015, 04:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Defeated Watford comfortably from the reports. Away from home, a good win regardless of it was a friendly or not.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Rhys Lightning 63

Good to see George Williams in the squad too. Really do like the look of that kid
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Horsfield_No9

Parker played 90. You imagine Tunicliffe could make way for him in the Boro game which would be a shame as he's been one of our most consistent this season.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

alexbishop

Our offal's match report describing Parker as a 'vocal leader' and 'heartbeat' of the midfield. Need to get their head out of his butt me thinks
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

One James stannard

Quote from: maoconnor on October 09, 2015, 04:36:59 PM
Defeated Watford comfortably from the reports. Away from home, a good win regardless of it was a friendly or not.
Quote from: win-dup on October 09, 2015, 04:41:19 PM
I love the optimism of us Fulham fans, but have to admit to thinking of  the words at, straws, clutching, on this post.

Made me chuckle  :005:

cmg

Quote from: alexbishop on October 09, 2015, 05:23:50 PM
Our offal's match report describing Parker as a 'vocal leader' and 'heartbeat' of the midfield. Need to get their head out of his butt me thinks

Disgraceful, disgusting, sycophantic.....unless it happens to be true, of course.

And on an equally controversial note: I was wondering if it was possible to accurately describe a cross that sails unimpeded into the net as 'inch perfect'?

Good to see young George looking sharp (or is this too positive a comment?)

alexbishop

Quote from: cmg on October 09, 2015, 06:40:14 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on October 09, 2015, 05:23:50 PM

Disgraceful, disgusting, sycophantic.....unless it happens to be true, of course.

And on an equally controversial note: I was wondering if it was possible to accurately describe a cross that sails unimpeded into the net as 'inch perfect'?

Good to see young George looking sharp (or is this too positive a comment?)

Well unless Parker has changed in to a new player during his spell out with injury, I don't really ever recall him having any 'heartbeatesque'' qualities. I never usually read match reports as I usually judge the game for myself. Obviously having not seen the game - having to rely on what appears to be a pretty subjective view of Fulham's performance.

Has Kaca done enough with his two goals to earn some further first team minutes?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Wimbledon_White

If Kit makes changes and includes Parker there will be outrage on this board.

If Kit keeps the same team there will be outrage on this board.

He can't win.

FACT (opinion).

filham

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 10, 2015, 10:25:59 AM

He can't win.

FACT (opinion).
A good win against Boro  followed by points from the Leeds games would probably keep the Kit Out Brigade quiet for a while.

Lighthouse

Quote from: filham on October 10, 2015, 10:53:52 AM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 10, 2015, 10:25:59 AM

He can't win.

FACT (opinion).
A good win against Boro  followed by points from the Leeds games would probably keep the Kit Out Brigade quiet for a while.

Not really. Any good performance is down to the players and team. Any bad performance is down to Kit. Never worked out why but that seems to be the general rule.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

FPT

Watford team contained scorer of 66 goals in three seasons Troy Deeney, Italy international Alessandro Diamanti, a really strong Championship player in Lloyd Dyer, FA Cup winner Ben Watson, Colombian international Victor Ibarbo, Adlene Guedioura (a really good little player) and then two time Coppa Italia winner Miguel Britos.

Really good to see George Williams put in another 90 minutes, and a bright display judging from the highlights suggests he's regaining that match sharpness. Scott Parker too, putting in 90 minutes is great - once back in the first team picture he'll add wonderful depth and experience - a leader too.

It did make me laugh though when the first highlight was down to Ryan Tunnicliffe's woeful attempt at controlling the ball. He's done well since he's come in, don't get me wrong, but technically, he's below par. At times against Charlton he was failing simple passes wide to Jazz Richards. He really needs to improve as a ball player, he can do that? He's a really good player, but he's just not got the class of Jamie O'Hara to do well on his own. I couldn't trust him to sit in front of the back four, he couldn't dictate play and I would fear him picking the ball from the centre backs. He is only 22, but he does need to be better with the ball.

Good to see Alex Kacaniklic scoring twice, he's actually a very good finisher - with both feet too. I do wonder whether it may be worth changing his role for the team where we could use that ability, somewhat of a right sided inside forward, where he can make runs in behind the opposition defence. He doesn't seem to want to run at players with the ball anymore so make him more of a penetrative threat, could be something to look at when Ben Pringle is out of steam.

Another thing I noticed, one of the highlights had Fulham in possession on the right (the camera on the left hand side of the pitch), but you can see Luke Garbutt incredibly far forward, probably waiting for the ball to come across. However, Watford nicked the ball and there was a massive gap for them to attack into, which they did but the shot went over if I remember correctly. Not a great trait to have, I always feel that full backs should join up with play rather than being aggressively involved (unless in a wing back system), just incase of the situation above.

I don't think there's much more I can draw from the game. Perhaps interesting that Cairney was in a 10 role? I do understand Kit's thought process when it comes to Cairney, I too feel he's perhaps better drifting into space and then width being provided by the full back. His wide right role allowed him the opportunity to score against Brighton, and it's that pattern of play that we've seen rarely this year - it's a well worked goal between Christensen, Cairney and Richards, and showcased everything Christensen provides - his run broke opposition lines, dragged a marker towards him which then gave Cairney all the time in the world to find that top corner, similar happens at Hull.

I'll do a new paragraph, but I do feel Christensen was somewhat harshly criticised for being quiet. I feel/know his role is different to last season. Last season, the diamond allowed him to flourish as with Parker and (usually) Tunnicliffe "behind" him, he was allowed almost a free role where he could run everywhere and he was covered. Next to Jamie O'Hara, the same coverage isn't there so he's being asked to be a more reserved central midfielder rather than an advanced 'free' one. Tunnicliffe action man style brings more attention, but Christensen didn't actually do anything wrong, moved the ball smartly and grabbed two assists, still our highest 'assister' joint with O'Hara.

Who knew you could get so much out of a behind closed doors friendly?