watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Talksport love "Jose"

Started by Nick Bateman, October 07, 2015, 11:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Or they like saying "Jose" ad nauseum instead of Mourinho or the man's full name.

Every time one listens to Talksport they refer to one of the most unpopular figures in the Premier League as "Jose".  It becomes quite irritating and obvious that they have an agenda to familiarise the listener with the chap's first name.

Talksport know the psychology: by referring to Mourinho as "Jose" they are friendlier.  They do not call most other managers by their first names; I have never heard them say Louis for Louis Van Gaal or Manuel for Pelegrini EVER.

They are a shabby shock-jock Murdoch company not content with selling the sport to their best ability but attempting to influence the patrons who listen to it.  With so little alternative football debate on the airwaves they know many of us have scant choice but to keep on listening to their drivel and constant references to their 'darling' "Jose" until the cows come home.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Rupert

One is struggling with the concept of one's life being so empty that one is compelled to listen to something that one abhors.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

LBNo11

...aaah! that explains why people refer to you as Bateman..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 07, 2015, 01:32:43 PM
Nick has a point though. I hope I am allowed to call him by his first name, I know he likes to call me by my last name, but I know my place.
Anyway " Talk Crap " have Broadcasters who have their own hidden agenda, and cannot disguise their lack of impartiality, and they are obsessed with 4 or 5 clubs, nobody else in the Football League exists as far as they are concerned.
How many of them and their mates, I mean guests, know who plays at Field Mill, or know the colours of Chester or know which club won the FA Cup and ' Never ' scored. Hardly any I expect, it's jobs for the boys.

I prefer using Mammoth which sounds rather better to me, as opposed to Woolly which sounds as though you haven't got a clue, when in fact, you talk most of the sense on this board.

It was abhorrent listening to Talksport's big get-together, with Mike Parry (whom I eenjoy listening to), Tony Cascarino, Mark Saggers and the sports editor of The Sun Charlie Wyett.  All four repeatedly saying "Jose" this and "Jose" that, on every reference to the Portuguese egotist.

Anyone who has ever heard football fans speak about the Chelsea manager they have ALWAYS called him Mourinho, never their beloved "Jose".  Makes me quite ill.

nose

the whole media seem to love Jose...   I find him rude and boring and cannot understand the media continued fascination.  he may have been amusing once but his contiual delusions are just repetitive... one day i would like him come out and say the bahaviour of any of his players was unacceptable, such as costa V arsenal (and other incidents)   OR hazard for lying on the floor holding his leg every time their is a change in irection of the wind.... or any one of a million other ridiculous things he says.... who cares what he thinks about arne wenger, it is of no consequence.... but the media have to fill column spaces with fiction so i suppose he gives them fiction to write.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: nose on October 07, 2015, 04:22:48 PM
the whole media seem to love Jose...   I find him rude and boring and cannot understand the media continued fascination.  he may have been amusing once but his contiual delusions are just repetitive... one day i would like him come out and say the bahaviour of any of his players was unacceptable, such as costa V arsenal (and other incidents)   OR hazard for lying on the floor holding his leg every time their is a change in irection of the wind.... or any one of a million other ridiculous things he says.... who cares what he thinks about arne wenger, it is of no consequence.... but the media have to fill column spaces with fiction so i suppose he gives them fiction to write.

Quite true Nose.  The media did something similar when their infatuation was about Manchester United and they in turn were behaving badly and receiving preferencial treatment on the pitch by the referees.   The football fans grew a strong dislike for United from that.

Last season Chelsea were aided to win the PL while the media purred and deflected any criticism of their 'cheating' and apparant approval from the officials - most supporters hate Chelsea and Mourinho while the press again go a different way.

love4ffc

The media love Mourinho because he a circus.  Just like folks love their reality tv (which I can't stand) the media love Mourinho as is nothing more then a bad reality tv show. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Nick Bateman

I think it's a tad more sinister than that.  Look how they have treated Corbyn?!!

nose

Quote from: love4ffc on October 07, 2015, 08:40:33 PM
The media love Mourinho because he a circus.  Just like folks love their reality tv (which I can't stand) the media love Mourinho as is nothing more then a bad reality tv show. 

he is a circus because they make him so... he is actually tedious and boring now. what was fun and a bit of a character when he first came can be seen as shallow and a one trick pony...   the man is dull, i don't bother to listen much to him because he doesn't say anything... he talks alot, and loud but break down the words and he is without depth

RaySmith

There was an interview with Fulham legend Gordon Davies on TalkSport this afternoon, on the Hawksby and Jacobs Show-you can listen to it on their website if you're interested.

Rupert

Quote from: Nick Bateman on October 08, 2015, 05:06:36 PM
I think it's a tad more sinister than that.  Look how they have treated Corbyn?!!

Corbyn Mitchell, the Darlington under-13 starlet?

Why are they picking on him? He's a kid! This is disgusting!
I urge everyone to boycott this station until they stop this sort of thing. This includes you, Nick.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Nick Bateman

One will listen to thine enemy to glean truth from the lies and propaganda spouted from every orifice of Murdoch's media empire.