News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What would it take for you to get behind the "Khan Project"?

Started by valdeingruo, October 08, 2015, 02:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORTHINGFULHAM

I do back the chairman and I also believe that his intentions are good and for the best of the club, lets face it we have been spoiled having Fayed and we almost now expect someone like Fayed to come in and do the same as he did overnight. Khan is a businessman, fact. His assest is Fulham (well one of them anyway) and he is no mug, he will have a keen eye on developments and wont take anything likely. I admire him for sticking with Kit, I am not a fan of Kit anymore due to the same mistakes being made and bizzare subtitutions, but rather than swing the axe just yet he is allowing time to gel with his new squad. We can be to quick to get rid of someone and as I say I unfortunately want to see Kit replaced but consistency is also key. Too many changes can disrupt and we are back to square one with a manger with different ideas, tactics, knowledge player selection etc , that again will have another geling period. I don't see anything happening before Christmas and Christmas will be the marking point of where we are and have far we have come. If we are in the playoff zone he will stay, if we are languishing in the bottom half he will go. We are lucky to have Khan and his money, we could end up with a qpr like chairman, a leeds like chairman or a chairman with not much cash or any clue about what football is. :Haynes The Maestro: 051

WayneKerrins

How does one secure the 'Mr' prefix.
Be a billionaire, or
Totally f.ck things up, or
Spout a load of unsubstantiated platitudes?
I'm confused.

RolandAJ

I'm already on board with the "Kahn Plan".
Good times are going to be here sooner rather than later.

Patience.

Roland
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

FulhamStu

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 08, 2015, 06:18:16 PM
...well I have heard from various bona-fide contacts, certainly not friends of friends down the pub sort, that the new stand is going ahead, I believe it because I trust them.

I also believe that Mr Khan has good altruistic intentions but because he has / appears to have, been given some pretty awful advice his tenure appears to be/has been a series of PR disasters.

I believe certain influential people, who are amazingly still at the club, let's call them the 'teflons', and they're are more concerned about their jobs than the welfare of the club, and it is they who are holding back on keeping Mr Khan fully informed on issues as well as being responsible for giving said poor advice.

Even so, if things conspire to take another bad turn I think he may well write things off as a bad job and cut his losses too. I know this appears a contradiction, but he is a businessman and he wants status in his empire that reflect well with him and if he feels he's bought a 'lemon' he may find it easier to get a different option rather than repair the original.

Overall though I remain optimistic...

Assume you are talking about Mackintosh (Teflons ?)

Twig

Complete the stadium development plan as a sign of intent.

Attend a few matches and show some enthusiasm for the Whites like Mo did.

Be prepared to invest a net £10m or so in players as part of the rebuilding because up to now he has balanced the books and spent approx. £0.

I am agnostic at the moment, remain to be convinced.

nose

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on October 08, 2015, 11:01:45 PM
I do back the chairman and I also believe that his intentions are good and for the best of the club, lets face it we have been spoiled having Fayed and we almost now expect someone like Fayed to come in and do the same as he did overnight. Khan is a businessman, fact. His assest is Fulham (well one of them anyway) and he is no mug, he will have a keen eye on developments and wont take anything likely. I admire him for sticking with Kit, I am not a fan of Kit anymore due to the same mistakes being made and bizzare subtitutions, but rather than swing the axe just yet he is allowing time to gel with his new squad. We can be to quick to get rid of someone and as I say I unfortunately want to see Kit replaced but consistency is also key. Too many changes can disrupt and we are back to square one with a manger with different ideas, tactics, knowledge player selection etc , that again will have another geling period. I don't see anything happening before Christmas and Christmas will be the marking point of where we are and have far we have come. If we are in the playoff zone he will stay, if we are languishing in the bottom half he will go. We are lucky to have Khan and his money, we could end up with a qpr like chairman, a leeds like chairman or a chairman with not much cash or any clue about what football is. :Haynes The Maestro: 051

do you not think that
a) leaving the CEO and board in place that presided over so may avoidable errors is a mistake
b) do you think not bringing in a keegan type figure isa mistake
c)  do you think spouting loads of PR stuff and tinkering with cosmetics rather than getting the team right is an error
d) do you not think when we were and continue to go backwards, that a little visible leadership, like turning up to a few games, would not be a bad idea, or rather, is one of the fundamental rules of any business leadership... being absent when it is going well is ok, but when it is not then you need to be seen to be leading from the front, rally the troops and show you persoanlly mean business!

Personally i think khan is a decent man with his heart in the right place,
he may be uccessful but that does not nmean he cannot fail on occasions
he is continuing to fail at fulham, whilst he keeps the ceo and board in place then we continue to have no chance, that is called rewarding failure and it is fatal because rewarding failure is a contageous disease that will permiate through any business.

Just my opinion you understand.   I didn't mention the manager of the team even once, he is not the problem!

valdeingruo

Nose, you have some very good points and questions. Laid bare I think that they are concerns we all share regarding the current state of Fulham.

I think the Chairman is learning(albeit slowly) on what must be done. His tactic is to leave the existing establishment in place until they are found wanting. He has already made a few changes and I think, based on the other changes he wants to be absolutely certain of the next.

I do not like to compare his Jaguars to our Fulham for a variety of reasons, but during his Jacksonville trip the mood around the stadium was electric. Their supporters generally believe that they are on the up. They've had development and investment on the field. Our league systems do not compare in the slightest so I will just leave it at their support.

It is tiring, to get the relentless PR stuff. The relegation year and last year was particularly bad. I think we would all accept a "We were bad, we will address this" from our department.

He has started to get his son involved. If he were to get his son more involved; show up to most matches, be the visible face of the Chairman, would that suffice? It is an earnest question.

If we were to gut the board, no more Lamping and no more Mac. What sort of people would we fill it with?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

nose

Quote from: andersons11 on October 09, 2015, 01:35:42 PM
Nose, you have some very good points and questions. Laid bare I think that they are concerns we all share regarding the current state of Fulham.

I think the Chairman is learning(albeit slowly) on what must be done. His tactic is to leave the existing establishment in place until they are found wanting. He has already made a few changes and I think, based on the other changes he wants to be absolutely certain of the next.

I do not like to compare his Jaguars to our Fulham for a variety of reasons, but during his Jacksonville trip the mood around the stadium was electric. Their supporters generally believe that they are on the up. They've had development and investment on the field. Our league systems do not compare in the slightest so I will just leave it at their support.

It is tiring, to get the relentless PR stuff. The relegation year and last year was particularly bad. I think we would all accept a "We were bad, we will address this" from our department.

He has started to get his son involved. If he were to get his son more involved; show up to most matches, be the visible face of the Chairman, would that suffice? It is an earnest question.

If we were to gut the board, no more Lamping and no more Mac. What sort of people would we fill it with?

the board?

You need a keegan style man to deal with football matters, who understands the dynamic of the game and how clubs are run. and you need brilliant managers to address the day to running of the club. But only mr khan, or his own boy, can add that magic ingredient called leadership and that was what MAF was so good at.

leadership is sensationally lacking at the club. the close season beauty pageant of the three wise men on the video was a stark lesson in PR style over substance.

They say nice things nicely and we have purchased a few OK players, but other than o'hara and he phoned up himself rather than was scouted, I am rather underwhelmed by what we have brought in.

The CEO let go a complete set of premiership players and we have replaced them with, less good players. we need to have a revamp but that was just suicidal..the same man that oversaw that is still here and it still drives me nuts.

sorry to go on but 2 1/2 years of avoidable mistake after avoidable mistake and no heads have rolled.
if billionaires are supposed to be ruthless, why hasn't our leader taken action.

Logicalman

I have stood behind Khan since he bought the club, the same as I stood behind MaF when he did as well.

I applaud such people for putting their money in, and even if they do make mistakes when entering into a new arena of business, as Kahn has and MaF did, they deserve our backing.

Shows of intent can be important. I know there are some that believe if Khan turned up for more than the occasional match, and also walked the pitch, it would have a more warming effect for some, though I am not in that group, I understand it can be effective.
The stadium updates are more important for me, as they show more of a long-term intent to stay with the club, and provide a building of it, and it will provide the opportunity for more income going forwards.

Overall, Khan has not been a disaster for Fulham FC, and, although hypothetical now, I do firmly believe had MaF remained as chairman we would have seen even more fiscal restrictions being imposed that would not have been in line with being able to return back to the Prem any time soon, or even later.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

nose

Quote from: Logicalman on October 09, 2015, 04:54:39 PM

I have stood behind Khan since he bought the club, the same as I stood behind MaF when he did as well.

I applaud such people for putting their money in, and even if they do make mistakes when entering into a new arena of business, as Kahn has and MaF did, they deserve our backing.

Shows of intent can be important. I know there are some that believe if Khan turned up for more than the occasional match, and also walked the pitch, it would have a more warming effect for some, though I am not in that group, I understand it can be effective.
The stadium updates are more important for me, as they show more of a long-term intent to stay with the club, and provide a building of it, and it will provide the opportunity for more income going forwards.

Overall, Khan has not been a disaster for Fulham FC, and, although hypothetical now, I do firmly believe had MaF remained as chairman we would have seen even more fiscal restrictions being imposed that would not have been in line with being able to return back to the Prem any time soon, or even later.

the one thing MAF showed was leadership. and that is vital. unfortunately we do not have that at the club and we are like a rudderless ship heading towards the cliffs. we may get lucky and miss them, but sooner or later it will go wrong again and I am certain unless he takes more personal interest, and that means showing up and making himself visible as all good leaders do in times of crisis, we will not turn it round.

Bradstow

Khan is an absentee landlord who knows nothing about football. The best thing he can do is swallow the capital loss his inaction has resulted in and sell the club to someone who is truly interested in football.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Bradstow on October 10, 2015, 12:40:49 AM
Khan is an absentee landlord who knows nothing about football. The best thing he can do is swallow the capital loss his inaction has resulted in and sell the club to someone who is truly interested in football.

I'm interested in football,  everyone on this board is, the Venkys are. Who would you suggest?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Burt

Just out of curiosity, what do people think that the "Khan project" actually is?

I'm not sure I know. I understand that there is a goal for a top 6 finish this season. But beyond that...? And what happens if we don't get a top 6 finish this season, which is quite likely? Or we do, but don't get promoted?

I would get behind the project if I knew what it was in the first place  :dft011: