News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What would it take for you to get behind the "Khan Project"?

Started by valdeingruo, October 08, 2015, 02:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

We haven't had the best of time under our Moustachioed Chairman, but he appears to be eager to get us back to the top. What actions could he take that would convince you to get fully behind the project he is laying down? Is it a new signing? Is it starting the Riverside development? A new manager? New coaches?

For those who will inevitably say "Sell up" Please provide a viable suggestion as to who would receive ownership. I am not against someone wanting him to sell, I am however against someone blindly saying sell up without a suggestion as to whom. The same goes for a manager change, if you wish for Kit to depart, please provide your suggestion.

For me, aside from the players who have come in, would be a sign of intent regarding the manager. If the board is to keep Kit, I would like to see someone like Ray Lewington to return to help. If he is to depart I would like a Laudrup or Favre type (Though more risky)
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Horsfield_No9

The thing that always makes my mind boggle is the potential with his money IF we made it back to the Prem. Would he spend on some big (bigger) players? He sure as hell can afford to while I do understand you have to buy within your means to a degree.

Didn't Jacksonville sign a QB for $89 million and their jumbotron cost some obscene amount too. Crazy.

What I'd like to see most in the here and now is a sensible appointment as manager. The assembled team can be blamed for getting the Kit appointment wrong (and let's face it, it just is wrong as much as I love the bloke) We simply need an older head as ugly as the footie might be. McCarthy, Bruce, Alardyce, any of these types who are a little wiser and tactically aware with authority. I just fear our chance with managers like that may of passed now. We are in this league for a long time now.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on October 08, 2015, 02:27:33 PM
The thing that always makes my mind boggle is the potential with his money IF we made it back to the Prem. Would he spend on some big (bigger) players? He sure as hell can afford to while I do understand you have to buy within your means to a degree.

Didn't Jacksonville sign a QB for $89 million and their jumbotron cost some obscene amount too. Crazy.

What I'd like to see most in the here and now is a sensible appointment as manager. The assembled team can be blamed for getting the Kit appointment wrong (and let's face it, it just is wrong as much as I love the bloke) We simply need an older head as ugly as the footie might be. McCarthy, Bruce, Alardyce, any of these types who are a little wiser and tactically aware with authority. I just fear our chance with managers like that may of passed now. We are in this league for a long time now.

The thing about the Jaguars is that they are a self contained entity. The money that the Jaguars spend is the Jaguars money, it is not Khan's. From my understanding, and correct me if I am wrong to those who understand the NFL more than I, is that the money on the table is like an allowance. If you don't spend the money, you cant save it, you just lose it, hence the exorbitant fees and salaries. I also am pretty positive the City of Jacksonville will be paying for that Jumbotron for years to come.

I will pose this to you. Of the names you listed, would you allow them a year in the Premiership (implying we got promoted) or would you use them to get promoted and then discard?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Horsfield_No9

I'd certainly keep any one of those managers on should they get us promoted. They all know how to manage a team. Just look at Pardew right now, only a year or 2 back an unfashionable choice BUT he has the years of knowledge and experience and it's all come together at Palace. All 3 managers that I mentioned are capable of top half Prem finishes in my opinion.

I guess it begs the further question that is what are everyone's realistic expectations and ambitions of Fulham for the next 10 years? Our fanbase is not very big which limits the spending vs sustainability. I personally think we hit the peak of what is possible for a club this size when we were finishing 7th-10th. I guess I'd like to see us back challenging for those sort of positions.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

nose

i would first like him to show himself at the games.

I would like him to get rid of the CEO and some of the directors that were here at the time of last season in the prem.

i would like a proper manager

Perhaps he should get keegan, or somebody of that ilk, into the club, who knows what needs doing.

Lighthouse

I see no point in changing the manager until Christmas at the earliest. There is no point in having a manager rebuild a side and then sack him. We need pace and we need a forward. Hopefully by the time we come back from sleeping through the Internationals we will have a pacey forward on loan.

As for the Khan project. He has been at best, poorly advised. As projects go it has been close to a disaster. But we may yet see it starting at last. We are in that period where the next few seasons will tell. I think if by next season we have a settled squad and don't need wholesale changes we can concentrate on the few positions we need improving.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

snarks

I'm behind him already.

That's not to say he hasn't made mistakes, he has, but mistakes are forgivable, in my view he has done nothing to harm the club. I like Mr Khan.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: nose on October 08, 2015, 03:40:45 PM

I would like him to get rid of the CEO and some of the directors that were here at the time of last season in the prem.

Perhaps he should get keegan, or somebody of that ilk, into the club, who knows what needs doing.

I agree with Nose, and a new stadium development would show long term aspirations.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

FulhamStu

The stand would be a great show if intent.  The team building looks slowly slowly, but we have improved in the past year if not at the rate we would all like.

Keeping Kit is I suspect partly a reaction to the crazy times of Jol - Mule and the Madman.  This must have had a very damaging effect for Khan and I suspect he does not want that again.

I am hoping we are looking out for that long term manager who will be able to not only get promotion but create a stable long term plan.  As said, this is a hope but I really have no idea what they are going to do manager wise.

LBNo11

...well I have heard from various bona-fide contacts, certainly not friends of friends down the pub sort, that the new stand is going ahead, I believe it because I trust them.

I also believe that Mr Khan has good altruistic intentions but because he has / appears to have, been given some pretty awful advice his tenure appears to be/has been a series of PR disasters.

I believe certain influential people, who are amazingly still at the club, let's call them the 'teflons', and they're are more concerned about their jobs than the welfare of the club, and it is they who are holding back on keeping Mr Khan fully informed on issues as well as being responsible for giving said poor advice.

Even so, if things conspire to take another bad turn I think he may well write things off as a bad job and cut his losses too. I know this appears a contradiction, but he is a businessman and he wants status in his empire that reflect well with him and if he feels he's bought a 'lemon' he may find it easier to get a different option rather than repair the original.

Overall though I remain optimistic...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

rubbernecca

Quote from: Nick Bateman on October 08, 2015, 04:55:59 PM

:plus one:

Nigel Pearson is just the man

I agree with Nose, and a new stadium development would show long term aspirations.

@jolslover

Behind him already to be honest, had a decent window, Maybe would like him more if he bought in a few flair players and Gus Poyet but thats me being picky
STH H3

alexmur

Quote from: andersons11 on October 08, 2015, 02:21:01 PM
We haven't had the best of time under our Moustachioed Chairman, but he appears to be eager to get us back to the top. What actions could he take that would convince you to get fully behind the project he is laying down? Is it a new signing? Is it starting the Riverside development? A new manager? New coaches?

For those who will inevitably say "Sell up" Please provide a viable suggestion as to who would receive ownership. I am not against someone wanting him to sell, I am however against someone blindly saying sell up without a suggestion as to whom. The same goes for a manager change, if you wish for Kit to depart, please provide your suggestion.

For me, aside from the players who have come in, would be a sign of intent regarding the manager. If the board is to keep Kit, I would like to see someone like Ray Lewington to return to help. If he is to depart I would like a Laudrup or Favre type (Though more risky)
a proven manager

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ron

...Early days...the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sorry too that I cannot be more positive.

Woolly Mammoth

i would like a proper manager.

I drink to those requests.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on October 08, 2015, 04:55:59 PM

Yes Sir
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose

the new stadium?
well the list of teams that improved the stadium or rebuilt and went backwards on the field is legion.... i want to see good football...  and I want him in attendance at a reasonable proportion of games and show some leadership and personal comitment.
i believe khan's heart is probably in the right place but he needs somebody like MAF had in keegan when he came.. MAF brought in a man the actually had a clue what he was doing... khan has idiots running the show, that much is clear.

Carborundum

An invitation to renew my season ticket. Happens every year.

win-dup

When the first brick is laid for the alleged new riverside stand then I shall stop calling him Ernie Khan. Until that day arrives, to me he is just another chancer, who will flog off the Cottage to a property developer one day.