watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross McCormack - Gordon Strachan's 'blind spot'

Started by Nick Bateman, October 08, 2015, 04:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Highly personable, erudite and witty Scotland manager Gordon Strachan seems to have a 'blind spot' when it comes to goal-scorer Ross McCormack.

In a crucial match today at home to group rivals Poland, Strachan has been said to have a choice of strikers in Sunderland's Steven Fletcher, Everton's Steven Naismith, Celtic's Leigh Griffiths, Derby's Chris Martin and Jordan Rhodes of Blackbum.  But there is no mention of Fulham's Ross McCormack, and Scotland's results have in turn reflected a poor goal tally.

Chosen forward Steven Fletcher has only scored 3 of Scotland's 14 goals, all of them against Gibraltar.  

McCormack's total goals are 137 from 310 appearances; that compares favourably against any of the other players only really bettered by Griffiths but the Scottish PL is a far more inferior league than the ones Ross has been scoring in (and against inferior Scottish goalkeeepers).

McCormack also plays a hand in providing chances, he's a thinking footballer unlike all the others apart from Naismith, and I see him improving as opposed to Rhodes (most goals scored in lower divisions) and Fletcher.

I believe Strachan was at our QPR game where we put on a bit of show - was he not impressed with that!!??

One would like the "Bravehearts" to qualify, but they are in a very tough group and unfortunately Strachan has made a major error in preferring the ineffectual Fletcher to our man McCormack.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

alexbishop

Yes I find this bizarre given how much Ross can contribute on top of goal scoring
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop