more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Help a yank please!

Started by Delta Blues, October 09, 2015, 11:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delta Blues

Hello,

My two sons and I wil be traveling from the USA and will be in London Dec 27th through Jan 3rd. We are very much wanting to attend one of the Fulham games while we are there. I have two questions I hope you could help me with.

1. Which game would you recommend - the night game vs. Rotherdam or the day game vs. Sheffield and why?

2. Are single game tickets available for purchase? All I can see for sale are the hospitality packages. I have emailed the box office to inquire, but have not received a response.

Any other advice or guidance would be appreciated!

Best Regards,

HatterDon

If you're coming to London from your home in the Delta, I'd recommend the day game. Why? because it's cold as hell in late December once the sun goes down.

If Delta is your company rather than your home, on the other hand, I'd recommend the day game. Why? because it's cold as hell in late December once the sun goes down.

Of course, it'll be pretty dark by the time the 2nd half starts for the day game.

Having said all that, the Cottage is still the best sporting venue I've ever seen anywhere.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burgf001

a) Wednesday. Rotherham are more crap than us so it will be a terrible game so would definitely recommend Sheffield Wednesday game.
b) yes. They will go on sale closer to the game (so I would imagine for Sheffield Wednesday it will go on sale sometime during December.

Odd one too, I'll be in the states while you're here, enjoy your trip

dannyboi-ffc

Doesn't really make much difference in terms of the opposition. It's not as if either are Man Utd, fulham games are unpredictable. We are normally more entertaining when you least expect it.

Like Hatter Don says, night games are cold in winter as it's right beside the River and the ground is very open and exposed. But the experience of a night game with the lights reflecting off the River is something very special. I'd recommend the evening game just for the experience.

To get the best of both worlds why not do the evening game to experience the magic and a tour of the ground on a different day? That way you still get to see the Cottage in daylight and the ground doesn't have to be full to feel the warmth of it. It's unique and I find a very soothing place to be on non matchdays when it's peaceful.

Tickets will go on sale nearer the time, maybe late November.

Welcome to fof also. Keep us updated with what you choose to do and what you think of the experience. Hopefully you can be our lucky charm on the day!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Burt

The day game v Sheff Wed will be better.

There will be more people there, and Wednesday always bring a lot with them and they're one of the best bunch going...we smacked them 4-0 last season and their fans were still having a party at the final whistle.

Texas White

Sheffield Wednesday and yes they are right about the cold. Overseas visitors usd to be able to email the club for tickets early. Anybody able to post the email for them?

Delta Blues

All,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. This is extremely helpful. We are very excited about the opportunity to see a match at Craven Cottage. My sons are 16 and 25 years old and we all are huge English soccer/football fans, though the vast majority of games televised here are EPL and UEFA Champions league. This is probably a once in a lifetime deal and we don't want to mess it up!

So, everyone agrees it should be no problem for us to get three good seats together when the tickets go on sale in early December? We were scared they would not be available, hence our thinking of purchasing the cheapest hospitality package, but it is still 90£ each! Should we target sitting in the Riverside stands? Perhaps a better question is where not to sit?

Thanks again for your help and patience. I will definitely keep you posted as to which game we will be attending. If we could work it out, I would also gladly buy you a pint pre or post game in order to repay you for your help.

Regards,

Delta Blues

Neil D

The Riverside affords a better, unhindered view compared with the JH stand where pillars can obstruct sight lines.  You can also admire the brown sludge that passes for the River Thames at half-time.  If you sit in Block Z all you'll hear are the Wednesday fans who will be in good voice as they are a well-supported club.  That's why I prefer Block S or T.  You may at some point recognise the Hammersmith End boys massacring Andy Williams' 'Can't take my eyes off you.'

Delta Blues

You may at some point recognise the Hammersmith End boys massacring Andy Williams' 'Can't take my eyes off you.'

That's awesome! We will join in the melee! Exactly part of the experience we are looking forward too.

Burt

It is unusual to see the "Riverside Stand" and "melee" mentioned in the same sentence  :dft011:

If your sons are of the view that they want to stand up and have a bit of a bit of a sing-song then they may be more at home towards the back of the Hammersmith End!

Burgf001

I would sit in the Hammersmith end personally as the view is generally pretty good and the atmosphere better than the Riverside, however you may want to sit on the side of the pitch and then the Riverside is your best bet. Tickets will almost certainly be available around the ground as we don't tend to sell out much anymore! Normally there are plenty of empty seats toward the front of the stands anyway so on the off chance you don't get seats together you can normally just sit in these.

Sheffield Wednesday are some of the best I've seen at the cottage in my years of going, so for atmosphere I would go then, plus as mentioned the night game will be bloomin freezing.

Enjoy

Burt

If you are not that fussed about melees etc. I used to sit half-way up the Johnny Haynes stand more or less at the centre of the pitch and you do get a good view there, but to Neil's point there may be times when a pillar obstructs the view whereas you don't get that in the Riverside stand.

Delta Blues

Thanks gentlemen!

By the way, congratulations on England's win and advancement in the UEFA match today.