watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Viva El Fulham MOTM & Player Rating Ten Game Update

Started by MJG, October 10, 2015, 05:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

I have put together the results from the ten games so far for the MOTM & polayer ratings that many on here have done.

All the upto date information is at

http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/players/motm-player-ratings-update-10-659.html

Thankyou to all who have taken part so far.

Mike

HatterDon

Thanks for posting this. I was curious about Cauley Woodrow's "goals per 90 minutes" this season in the league. Two goals in 88 minutes must give him a slot near the top of the league, never mind the team.

And yet, I keep reading that he's not good enough for this level. Hmmm.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Thanks HD,  the interesting stat I like is the points per game(ppg)
While not perfect it does give an idea of the players playing when we do well.. Or not.
And when you consider we really need 1.6ppg to make playoffs,not many in that list

HatterDon

Quote from: MJG on October 10, 2015, 08:01:22 PM
Thanks HD,  the interesting stat I like is the points per game(ppg)
While not perfect it does give an idea of the players playing when we do well.. Or not.

I've always wondered what Nevland's goals per 90 rate was. It must have been brilliant, or did it just seem to me that he always scored when brought on late.

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on October 10, 2015, 08:03:36 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 10, 2015, 08:01:22 PM
Thanks HD,  the interesting stat I like is the points per game(ppg)

I've always wondered what Nevland's goals per 90 rate was. It must have been brilliant, or did it just seem to me that he always scored when brought on late.
I always joked that Roy would bring him on at 88 minutes,  but let's be honest his record was better when he was a sub.
I like Woodrow but he's not really progressing atm and I'm not sure what the answer is. Could probably do with a loan but we can't spare him,  or like Dembele a run of 4/5 games starts.

cmg

Stats are always interesting, but should be handled with care.

Nevland played 2014' in the PL. About 190' of those were for Manchester United. So his 9 goals for us were scored at a rate of 1 every 203'.

PPG is interesting - but its real value might be best judged from last season's final figures. [games played in (brackets)]

Zverotic   (10)    1.80
Grimmer  (13)    1.46
Ruiz         (29)    1.45
Turner      (9)      1.44
Woodrow  (29)    1.41
Guthrie     (6)      1.33
LVC          (25)    1.28
Bettinelli   (39)    1.26
Burn         (20)    1.25

MJG

Quote from: cmg on October 10, 2015, 08:51:27 PM
Stats are always interesting, but should be handled with care.

Nevland played 2014' in the PL. About 190' of those were for Manchester United. So his 9 goals for us were scored at a rate of 1 every 203'.

PPG is interesting - but its real value might be best judged from last season's final figures. [games played in (brackets)]

Zverotic   (10)    1.80
Grimmer  (13)    1.46
Ruiz         (29)    1.45
Turner      (9)      1.44
Woodrow  (29)    1.41
Guthrie     (6)      1.33
LVC          (25)    1.28
Bettinelli   (39)    1.26
Burn         (20)    1.25
I've been trying to figure out a way of showing players influences to games. PPG is fine but players who play every game are going to be always about medium place.
I might try listing who plays on the winning side most.

I'm open to suggestions on what people would like to see in this database. Or ways of showing players influences.

HatterDon

I think all the stats are interesting. I'm not sure if it's possible to interpolate anything significant from them, but I especially like the PPG. I'd not seen it anywhere before.

Snibbo

Interesting that McCormack doesn't get in the team based on average marks