watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

According to todays Telegraph.

Started by The Swan, October 16, 2015, 08:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

According to todays Telegraph Kit Symons has got just the next two games to save his job.

The board are disappointed that Fulham are not in play off positions.

The two games are away to Boro and at home to Leeds.

I don't fancy Kits chances of being our manager for the game at home to Reading.
The Swan

Brawn

If the Bruce rumours are to be believed then Khan will need to make the decision to sack Kit ages before he actually goes, a bit like the Rene/Magath scenario.

However, if Steve Bruce doesn't want to leave Hull (and I don't think he would) then we're looking at - God help us - Scott Parker as caretaker manager probably...

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Brawn on October 16, 2015, 08:27:02 PM
If the Bruce rumours are to be believed then Khan will need to make the decision to sack Kit ages before he actually goes, a bit like the Rene/Magath scenario.

However, if Steve Bruce doesn't want to leave Hull (and I don't think he would) then we're looking at - God help us - Scott Parker as caretaker manager probably...

Scott Parker?! No way. Other suitable candidates in Curbishley and Grant (as caretaker)

Jem

Cut Tim Sherwood and paste any manager on a loosing streak.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

rubbernecca

copthornemike

Like most newspaper talk unsubstantiated rumour which they hope will have enough legs to become a self fulfilling prophecy!

love4ffc

While this is all probably a rumor I would expect Curbs to step in as caretaker perhaps with Danny Murphy as an assistant. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

JoelH5

Remember it's in the Telegraph as opposed to the Sun. Holds a little more weight... Hopefully
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Arthur

It doesn't require inside information to speculate that Kit's hold on his job is becoming increasingly tenuous.

I strongly suspect that the paper are just plucking a number of games out of the air.

If the Telegraph's claim is accurate, however, it logically means that 3 points from the next two games would be sufficient for Kit to remain in situ; otherwise it would be able to report that he will be sacked if we lose today.

FPT

It's interesting this.

Whilst I accept that building teams and success takes time, we're still making stupid mistakes from the year prior despite a new and improved team to play with. Dropping the game at Charlton, being humiliated at home by Wolves and being destroyed by any ball coming into the box at Sheffield Wednesday are all hangovers from last season with pretty much 9 new starting players.

Our players can play, but I think they need to be taught how to be more methodical in their attacking and to be more ruthless and professional defensively. I wrote on here the other day in my statistics post "The six best defences in the division? They are all in the top 7. Of the six best attacks? Only 3 are in the top 7." I feel like we are plan-less and lacking in any particular philosophy or style. We've scored two goals away from home three times and only have 4 points to show for it.

These players should be in the top 6; now, we're not particularly out of reach yet but it'll take us going on a run of wins otherwise we're looking at another season in the Championship.

Anyway, I'm not convinced that Steve Bruce would leave Hull. Mike Rigg's decision making with regards to transfers have been strong thus far, and you'd think he'd have a fairly big part in any appointment process. We know that part of the long term plan is the 433 we've seen pictured, so I wonder whether that will play a part in the new manager discussion.

We wait and see, I think Kit'll do well to last October with 7 points probably expected, but we could do with more given dropped points earlier in the season.

filham

Quote from: JoelH5 on October 17, 2015, 09:06:36 AM
Remember it's in the Telegraph as opposed to the Sun. Holds a little more weight... Hopefully

Sure, I am likely to take a little more notice of the Telegraph than most other papers but read the article again and look for a source for the information, there is non.

I suspect it is the usual piece of nicely written speculative journalism where two and three have been put together to make an attractive half dozen..

The fact that we bought a new team in the summer, we are nearer the relegation zone than the top six and that Kit has been year in the job all makes the story feasible but  to make it believable a little more is needed. Even " reliable sources inform me that---" would help.

grandad

Even if a number want Kit out it is a bit harsh to give him the next 2 games which we will be lucky to get a point out of.
The thought of Bruce here fills me with cold shivers. Another top ex defender like Kit but hardly inspiring in being able to organize a defence as a manager.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bog

No thanks for Steve Bruce. Who would have taken a chance on Gary Rowett? Look how has has got Birmingham going again. For me Jimmy Floyd Hessalbaink.

092.gif