watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR light stopped play???

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, October 17, 2015, 02:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

I watched for days of the most boring cricket and now with less than 30 runs needed they have called it off due to bad light. How damaging is this to test cricket? A joke. The fielders are scared. This kind of stupidness will kill the best form of the game IMO. Spectators keep the game going. How can you stop a game when the over rate has been slowed soo much by the bowling team. I've never seem a spinners over take so long. Disgrace.

bog

Wot a farce! Over 1000 runs ans still no result!  :doh:

092.gif

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: bog on October 17, 2015, 03:02:00 PM
Wot a farce! Over 1000 runs ans still no result!  :doh:

092.gif

Have to say bog it's an honour to speak with you. FOF legend. Why stop a game when it's at it's most interesting? I'm a massive cricket fan but all I can see this doing is turning people off test cricket.

grandad

Really gutted but the rules are cast in stone. The umpires set the light meter readings when they come off for the 1st time.Perhaps all Test grounds should have upgraded flood lighting. I don´t see why it is OK to play limited over day/ night games but not Test matches.

Moral victory but sadly the record books will only show it as Match Drawn.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Slaphead in Qatar

I was there, it was pretty dark.

westcliff white

for me they need to take into account the time wasting, 11 overs an hour as opposed to 15 which is the required. they should say teams that don't bowl that rate will give an extra 5 runs per over short at the end of the day to the other team. I get why Misbah slowed it down and we would have done the same but if that had the rules I say then maybe they would think twice.

love my cricket was gutted for England today bowled well in the second innings to get to that position.
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

Some match with us in a winning position after that enormous Parkistan first innings score is amazing. The light was unfortunate for England but we must now go into the next match with a lot of confidence.

bog

That's very nice of you johnadiniho (I may have miss-spelt that!) Just short of a phenomenal result with scores that would have many more watching the game. Dear oh dear...and I am just getting ready to watch the Channel 5 rubbish as well!!!!!    :doh:

092.gif