watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, with a positive attitude in mind

Started by Wearethewhites, October 17, 2015, 08:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Where does Kit go from here, what does he build on?

I wan't expecting 3pts at Boro' so well done on getting the draw, the least I expected, was a good performance from the lads after Charlton.

Based on previous games, it actually looked like we'd done some defensive work on the training ground. Was Burn the difference, or did we actually do out homework for a change?

Moving forward, I just hope that Leed's at home doesn't turn into another Wolves, I'll be really disappointed if it does.

For me, we still lack that cutting edge going forward. If we had a clinical finisher on the park today, I reckon we could have come home with 3pts, but I'm not going to let that spoil today's performance.

However, if we are to push for the playoffs, I still believe that another striker is needed.

nose

burn stays
woodrow for dembele is so obvious it hurts, despite the protestaions of the chattering classes... woodrow and ross would be brilliant partners because both are clever players and would compliment each other .... dembele has no goal threat whatsoever and we need somebody who knows what the three sticks at the end of the pitch are for...woodrow is also a hard working team player  dembele unfortunately is not.

as i say this change is so obvious it hurts.....

BestOfBrede

Quote from: nose on October 17, 2015, 09:49:03 PM
burn stays
woodrow for dembele is so obvious it hurts, despite the protestaions of the chattering classes... woodrow and ross would be brilliant partners because both are clever players and would compliment each other .... dembele has no goal threat whatsoever and we need somebody who knows what the three sticks at the end of the pitch are for...woodrow is also a hard working team player  dembele unfortunately is not.

as i say this change is so obvious it hurts.....
Blimey, I thought Kit was bad!

MJG

Dembele was really good today,  led line well,  helped make the best chance of the game. You really do hate him don't you?

BestOfBrede

Quote from: MJG on October 17, 2015, 09:54:33 PM
Dembele was really good today,  led line well,  helped make the best chance of the game. You really do hate him don't you?
I assume you are referring to Nose?

Wearethewhites

So much for a positive attitude then, bitching and arguing only 3 post down  fp.gif

filham

Yes, full concentration now on next Wednesday where we have to switch from emphasis on defence to emphasis on attack.

To not score at least two goals on Wednesday would be looked upon as a failure by us all.

MJG

Quote from: BestOfBrede on October 17, 2015, 09:55:57 PM
Yes

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 17, 2015, 09:58:27 PM
So much for a positive attitude then, bitching and arguing only 3 post down  fp.gif
What say you?
Bitching and arguing?
All I did was reply to, what I saw as a go at Dembele - again!

If you check the predicted score thread, I think you may find I was positive - I believe I predicted a slender whites win!

Today was a great result in my eye's

Wearethewhites

Quote from: BestOfBrede on October 17, 2015, 10:13:05 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 17, 2015, 09:58:27 PM
So much for a positive attitude then, bitching and arguing only 3 post down  fp.gif
What say you?
Bitching and arguing?
All I did was reply to, what I saw as a go at Dembele - again!

If you check the predicted score thread, I think you may find I was positive - I believe I predicted a slender whites win!

Today was a great result in my eye's

Apologies, one naturally amuses negativity straight away. 

nose

Quote from: MJG on October 17, 2015, 10:00:08 PM
Dembele was really good today,  led line well,  helped make the best chance of the game. You really do hate him don't you?
Yes

i actually like dembele but unlike others I can see that he makes no impression on the opponents goal, he has scored twice if memory serves and rarely looks like troubling the number three... he needs to be rested for his own sake because he is young, that is just good management.... a center forward a) needs to score and b) nobody should ever feel he is automatic selection.... woodrow in for four games would see dembele come back a better player....   and woodrow needs his chance because he is actually a different but cleverer player.

i want to win every game, time for a change at the front

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 17, 2015, 10:04:56 PM
I have always liked Burn, once again today he showed he is good enough to be a regular and works well with Stearman, but he also cuts out a lot of high and low balls away from the danger area. I think Dembele is a good prospect and I like him also, and he is getting better, but there is not much to choose between him and Woodrow, Woodrow has a better alround game, and works his socks off. So it's a difficult one, at the moment Dembelle wears the shirt. But today was a massive positive, not just because of the result, but it will breed confidence and the team and manager and the fans will go into the Leeds match with a much better feeling about it. But we mustn't fall off the rails on Wednesday, today showed we can be resilient, and can keep a clean sheet in hostile environment, we mustn't throw the opportunity away and trip over against either Leeds or Reading.

we need to get more players scoring if ross doesn't we need others, dembele has not looked likely for ages. in the end woodrow has had a few minutes and not been given a chance by our manager, other than dropping him after a brilliant performance against derby!!!!
i suspect woodrow will havnd in his transfer request soon if not allowed a chance. that would be a real disaster to let a proper prospect through our fingers.

MJG

Quote from: nose on October 17, 2015, 11:00:46 PM
Yes

i actually like dembele but unlike others I can see that he makes no impression on the opponents goal, he has scored twice if memory serves and rarely looks like troubling the number three... he needs to be rested for his own sake because he is young, that is just good management.... a center forward a_ needs to score and b) nobody should ever feel he is automatic selection.... woodrow in for four games would see dembele come back a better player....   and woodrow needs his chance because he is actually a different but cleverer player.

You didn't even see today's game where Dembele was the better player out of Ross and him.
He's not getting the chances because they are not being created for him. But he's there back to goal laying it off,  making the runs and working for things. Just watch the replay when you get a chance for his lost cause run he makes that ends up with Ross missing golden chance.

nose

Quote from: MJG on October 17, 2015, 11:29:50 PM
Quote from: nose on October 17, 2015, 11:00:46 PM
Yes

i actually like dembele but unlike others I can see that he makes no impression on the opponents goal, he has scored twice if memory serves and rarely looks like troubling the number three... he needs to be rested for his own sake because he is young, that is just good management.... a center forward a_ needs to score and b) nobody should ever feel he is automatic selection.... woodrow in for four games would see dembele come back a better player....   and woodrow needs his chance because he is actually a different but cleverer player.

You didn't even see today's game where Dembele was the better player out of Ross and him.
He's not getting the chances because they are not being created for him. But he's there back to goal laying it off,  making the runs and working for things. Just watch the replay when you get a chance for his lost cause run he makes that ends up with Ross missing golden chance.

i am not sure what your problem is here
ross is a proven goalscorer and gets them when playing well or indiferent, we know he is a  threat to the opposition
one relevant stat is we have a center forward that is 'untouchable' but does not score goals, we needed a goal today and we need more than one player to do that. I think you will find that 'competion for his place' would encourage dembele somewhat.

i want fulham to win every game and believe it possible,  but having untouchables undermines that. Our manager is gambling his future in this.... we have two home games, i will witness both those..... but do recall, by the way dembele played well V QPR and I was happy to say so, he needs to start scoring, or at least look like he knows where the goal is!

MJG

If anyone is untouchable it's Ross

copthornemike

Quote from: MJG on October 17, 2015, 11:52:37 PM
Yes - but then again he is our best, most effective player when he doesn't have an off day. He is the one player in our team every other team in the Championship would like to have in their starting XI.

Dembele is a trier, has improved noticeably this season but at the moment he is still the unfinished article. He would not be an automatic starter for most sides this year.

Cauley is a season behind Dembele.

As for Smith and Ross - they are a striking pair most of our opponents would like to have. The problem is can Kit set up a side which uses them effectively (and stops conceding goals).   

nose

Quote from: MJG on October 17, 2015, 11:52:37 PM

jhat is certasinly true and IMO is not a good thing but on the other hand is obviously a class act and capable of scoring.

IMO ross's main problem is not him himself but that he is not always played to best effect. too often he is mooved wide and becomes far less effective... personally i would have him lead the line as our most advanced striker, he has the best touch and vision

However if he doesn't perform then he should also be replaced for a game or two...,

Wearethewhites

It might just me, but, as much as I love Ross, I just don't think he's enough to spearhead our attack and get us promoted. He's an alround Swiss Army knife for me, always busy, but not a prolific striker like Troy Deeney or someone. That, or we need to invest in another striker to play with, along side him.

Jimmy Hill

Can I site the stoke city match for why I'm against Ross and Woodrow. Woodrow dembele or Woodrow Smith I'm fine with. Also burn stays, am I right we haven't lost a match he has started this season?

WONKYTONKY

I'd say a big part of why Ross has scored so many already this season is because Moussa is doing the work to trouble defences, create space and get the attacks started, etc. I would like to see him have more shots and be a bit more greedy but with Ross as his partner and him being so young he's always going to play second fiddle to the "main man" up top.
I have only seen the highlights from Boro but in all of Ross's missed chances, I could see an option for him to feed Moussa. Often for an easier shot. If the role was reversed, that ball would've been played.