watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

away point

Started by nose, October 17, 2015, 09:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

didn't see the game... icannot properly comment but it was a good point and clean sheet... we need to take that forward
didn't like the sound of the time wasting, if true that is a bad sign. it will backfire... but clean sheet with burn in the team, is that a coincidence?

Whitesideup

I don't get the "Burn makes the difference"  inference ... I like Dan, think he is almost there, but last season he was dropped for good reason. And we strengthened in that position with good cause.  Positionally he gets caught out and that cost us goals. I think he is on the border of being a championship footballer, and who knows, he may well turn out to be very good at this level. And he certainly adds to our ability to defend aerially.

But from the 30 seconds we saw on the Channel 5 show, we did pretty well and could easily have won today. However Lonergan did make at least one very good save. But if the keeper saves, you don't deserve to score. And McCormack could have won the game for us towards the end.

I for one though, after the debacle of conceding two goals late on against Charlton, was very happy that we kept a clean sheet.

nose

actually it wasn't an inference, it was a question, i wondered what people thought

IMO I like dan, we haven't improved the center backs at all, the ones we have are no better and hutch is rather worse. i do not think burn costs us  because he is very positive in the way he plays  his attitude is first class and he winds his headers, something no other player in the team seems capable of doing.

but whether he made the difference today i cannot say because i did not see the game, just the same few seconds as you so far

grandad

Quote from: nose on October 17, 2015, 10:56:10 PM
actually it wasn't an inference, it was a question, i wondered what people thought

IMO I like dan, we haven't improved the center backs at all, the ones we have are no better and hutch is rather worse. i do not think burn costs us  because he is very positive in the way he plays  his attitude is first class and he winds his headers, something no other player in the team seems capable of doing.

but whether he made the difference today i cannot say because i did not see the game, just the same few seconds as you so far

Stearman & Ream are a class above Hutchinson & Bodurov. Burn is ideal if we need to combat a known aerial threat.
Where there's a will there's a wife