News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll: How many points this week will earn Kit the Club's backing?

Started by Arthur, October 18, 2015, 05:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many points will Kit need from the next two games to keep his feet under the manager's desk?

3 (5.7%)
0 (0%)
4 (7.5%)
6 (11.3%)
27 (50.9%)
13 (24.5%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: October 22, 2015, 05:13:49 AM

Arthur

Without wishing to ignite a round of animosity among those with opposing views on Kit's leadership, the saying that there is 'no smoke without fire' is probably true of the speculation in the media that a change of manager may happen sooner rather than later.

But how soon? And what will be the Club's expectations from our two forthcoming home games?

Can Kit afford to lose both matches and still be given further games to show that we are an upwardly-mobile team? Or will nothing less than two victories prevent him from being shown the exit door?

My guess is that he needs 4 points to survive.

MJG

At least one win gets him three games,  and so it will continue. Winning done losing some while bobbing along in middle to bottom part of table.
Form wise we are one win in five games. Win one of the next two will keep his job a bit longer. Failure in both is curtains.

snarks

Whilst I am not in the kit out camp, the speculation is damaging, either the club replace him or don't, they cannot do things on a 2 games at a time basis.

grandad

Quote from: snarks on October 18, 2015, 10:20:46 AM
Whilst I am not in the kit out camp, the speculation is damaging, either the club replace him or don't, they cannot do things on a 2 games at a time basis.

:plus one:
Two games at a time will de-stabalize the squad, Not fair on Kit or the players.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Quote from: grandad on October 18, 2015, 10:51:53 AM

:plus one:
Two games at a time will de-stabalize the squad, Not fair on Kit or the players.

So right, for management to give Kit short term ultimatums would be utterly stupid and counterproductive, they should be giving Kit and the team full support right up to the end of his term of management.

But look, to the best of our knowledge the only people setting these crazy match by match survival targets for Kit are us on this board and the media, there is absolutely no evidence, other than wild gossip, that the management are doing it.

So let us stop the speculation now and get behind Kit and the team to see if we can climb up that table .With our support six points could be taken from this week's two matches and things would look a lot better.

Wimbledon_White

I reckon he has their backing and will see out his contract.
The next week is no more relevant than any other. It is not like we're languishing in the bottom three.

I love it how everyone assumes he is in trouble.

nose

i have no idea and will not vote
the issue re kit is one thing and i really like the man and feel sorry for him for the abuse he gets. he is a decent man but not doing well at his job.

on the other hand the descision makers at our club above him, have been proven over the last few years to not have the faintest idea of what they are doing... if kit does go they better have an instant replacement lined up. if he stays they really should drop curbs, although I know for certain kit likes curbs and wants him to stay, but he is wrong.

i suspect what ever descision that our true leaders make it will be wrong. it is the ceo and the board that needs attention first otherwise we will get more of the same.

Fulham1959

Tim Sherwood made an interesting comment on the MOTD interview, last night, when asked about the murmurings from fans about his future.

He said something along the lines of "Me and the fans, we're on the same side!".  In other words, he wants to win matches as much as the fans do.

I sometimes wonder if impatient, hard-to-please football supporters realise that football managers want success, too !

Arthur

And there is nothing to suggest that the Club are setting Kit two-game points-targets. That is my arbitrary figure; I could have picked any number of matches for the poll.

I chose two simply because it makes it a short-term matter: the outcome of the next two games will be known in a matter of days, rather than weeks.

As WW has predicted in an earlier post, Kit may have the Club's complete backing until the end of his contract and even two defeats will make no difference to this stance. You may agree. I, on the other hand, in light of the Club's dilemma at the end of last season when it considered whether or not to replace Symons, believe that Kit is more vulnerable than this. In creating this poll, I am merely wondering out loud what it will take for the Club's hierarchy to approve of the season thus far. Were they to meet in a week's time to review matters, what would they think?

I am neither suggesting that Kit will be given a short-term ultimatum nor am I predicting any sort of public pronouncement (unless, of course, it is that Kit is no longer first-team manager). Like you, I would like to see him succeed - for the sake of the supporters, the Club, the players and himself.

Even if Kit's job is in jeopardy, let me categorically reassure you that this poll will have no bearing whatsoever upon his chances.

Lighthouse

Symons has said he is fed up with reading the Sunday Papers telling him he only has a few matches until he is sacked. He will do his best and his contract runs out at the end of the season. I really don't think we have a points target over the next few games. If the club have someone in mind to come in then that is already in play. If not then Symons has until the turn of the year.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

snarks

I really hope that fulham don't become the kind of club that changes the manager short term. I am happy with the improvement over last season, but want to see more. Kit has his team and the speculation should stop.

bill taylors apprentice

The next few games will not impact on Symons position, unfortunately.

I have thought for a while that the club see him as a compliant and controllable manager who will not rock the boat while Mr Rigg re organises the playing side of the club.

IMO his affable and amenable personality is seen by the club as important in gaining stability and a fresh start after the traumas of recent years.

I don't necessarily agree with this, but I believe this is pretty much how the club sees it.

MJG

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on October 18, 2015, 05:54:12 PM

Can't agree with that.  We have one win in five,  already prior to yesterday four points behind target,  if we don't get a win in next two how can he carry on?
A win will save him for another three games at least.
But already now 5/6 points behind what we need and we would have to win four games in a row to get back on target as it stands today.

Nero

Quote from: MJG on October 18, 2015, 05:58:31 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on October 18, 2015, 05:54:12 PM

Can't agree with that.  We have one win in five,  already prior to yesterday four points behind target,  if we don't get a win in next two how can he carry on?
A win will save him for another three games at least.
But already now 5/6 points behind what we need and we would have to win four games in a row to get back on target as it stands today.

So I voted 6 like you said hes 4 behind target dont know how many they have forecast for the next 2 but he needs to 6 either way to stay 4 behind or to start catching up and the question was to get the clubs backing

BigbadBillyMcKinley

We get rid of Kit and we'll have Curbishley. Mark my words!!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

ffc73

Birmingham, Brighton and Reading have all changed their managers since Kit was appointed and they are doing much better than us. Sack him

Leeds, Rorherham and Bolton have all changed their managers since Kit was appointed and they are doing worse than us. Keep him

I actually think with the squad with have we should have more points on the board. So does Kit if I read his comments last week correctly. The board may think so too. Will they sack him? Unlikely before Christmas methinks & I actually think we will stick with him until the summer. At least. But who of us really knows for sure

Whitesideup

I don't believe this speculation about Kit is either productive or interesting. I am not voting.

What I like is that our performance level is increasing. Drawing with Charlton was one of those things. I like the way we played for much of the game. Our draw at Boro was well earned.   Onwards.

COYW

Arthur

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 18, 2015, 10:41:08 PM
What I like is that our performance level is increasing. Drawing with Charlton was one of those things. I like the way we played for much of the game. Our draw at Boro was well earned.   

The games ahead may show that our performance level is improving. A two-game span, however, is a small sample on which to draw such a conclusion.

Quote from: FFC73 on October 18, 2015, 09:22:50 PM
...I actually think we will stick with him until the summer. At least. But who of us really knows for sure

Putting to one side the unlikely possibility that Shahid or Rigg post on this forum under a pseudonym, none of us do.

To summarise (thus far) for those who cannot see the poll results:

42 votes cast.

4 pts: 57%
6 pts: 19%
3 pts: 12%
0 pts:  7%
2 pts:  5%
1 pt:    0%

Let's hope that two wins in the next four days render the poll's results not worth reflecting upon. Fewer than four points, however, and I think that a good number of supporters will be wondering how close the Club are to calling time on Kit's stop-start season.

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?