News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Johnny Haynes - the club running special tributes today...

Started by LBNo11, October 18, 2015, 11:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ron

filham

A wonderful little video piece. Whoever got those three together deserves our thanks.

JHaynes Paperboy

RaySmith

Wonderful- in the true spirit of Fulham FC.

Thanks to all concerned.

LBNo11

...I've had the privilege of meeting all three of these former Fulham legends, and they are just that. Tosh's story about the kiss on the forehead really made me laugh out loud, and he's told me that one before..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

bill taylors apprentice

Compared to today's wall to wall media coverage there's not a huge amount available of Haynes but I found a radio interview he gave with Jimmy Armfield dating back to 96.

BBC archive "Football legends" 22 minutes of chat with contributions from Bobby Robson, Jimmy Greaves and Jimmy Hill.

Happy Days!

bog

Les, just watched it right through. How enchanting. If it was 10 hours long a I would have watched. Don't know if it an age thing but emotion really took over. I saw all three of them right from when they first played for the club. What great tales from Tosh. Great to hear Arthur Stevens mentioned also. How proud did it make you feel to be a Fulham supporter? What magic those three wove.  :Haynes The Maestro: 049:gif
Thanks Les.
092.gif

bog

Meant to say that I have a programme of that School International from 1950 at Wembley that they mention. A prized possession indeed.

Peabody

I am still laughing at the George, Fred and Tosh discussion

bog

Tonywa

Have to say I got slightly moist-eyed watching.  Wonderful stuff - thanks to all concerned. What a great club we support!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: bog on October 18, 2015, 04:15:20 PM
Les, just watched it right through. How enchanting. If it was 10 hours long a I would have watched. Don't know if it an age thing but emotion really took over. I saw all three of them right from when they first played for the club. What great tales from Tosh. Great to hear Arthur Stevens mentioned also. How proud did it make you feel to be a Fulham supporter? What magic those three wove.  :Haynes The Maestro: 049:gif
Thanks Les.
092.gif

Wonderful! Just absolutely wonderful! Brilliant post Ed, made my day watching that.

And Bog it's not an age thing, my mum and dad weren't even born when those 3 made their debuts let alone me. And I had a tear in my eye watching it. I guess it's a fulham thing rather than an age thing.

If I had a time machine I would love to go back to the 50/60's and watch the maestro. And a special thanks to the 3 of them, great gentlemen and an honour to share our great club with. I learnt a lot today from their stories. 

There's nothing quite like our Fulham  :Haynes The Maestro: 049:gif
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bog

Danny, to me the long gone '50's was the best decade for football. Used to see the players getting on a bus after a game. I remember waiting to get on one down Fulham Palace Road and Joe Stapleton was standing next to me.
Seeing Tosh today showed why he is loved so much by supporters who saw him play. And how important in that he got Johnny to come to the club. I met and shook his hand once back in the Mickey Adams' era, and Derek Lampe....nostalgia? you cannot beat it!!   049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

092.gif   

St Eve

win-dup

Holders

Don't you just love Tosh! Only saw him play once but a treasured memory.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria