watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Pat Roberts

Started by bog, October 18, 2015, 02:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Obviously I do not watch MOTD with much fervor anymore, mainly only to see United or Chelsea lose or if Pat Roberts takes to the pitch. Yesterday, 4-1 up early in the second half and against a Bournemouth side more preoccupied with keeping the score down so no better opportunity for the lad....but no.

092.gif   

Neil D

Clearly the bench at the Etihad is of a superior quality - more comfortable maybe - so that explains why Roberts was so keen on the move.  But he has even less chance of getting off it than he did at Fulham. 

H4usuallysitting

Wouldn't surprise me if they loaned him out, and he ended up in the Championship

bog

cmg

Quote from: bog on October 18, 2015, 04:24:35 PM
Why not back with us?

I think he's spent enough time sitting on our bench!

No. More likely to be Bolton.

F/F to last match of season 0-0 we need one point to make play-offs...."and Roberts has the ball out on the right, he cuts in, beats one man...two...three...and a sumptuous left foot shot curls into the Fulham net..." Bound to happen.

valdeingruo

I think Roberts has been and will always be a "Premier League" player.  Not because of his potential, which is enormous, in which case he will be remembered as a "Man City" player instead of a Fulham one as they always omit us, but because of his play style.

He is tricky, he can move the ball and he can put a few defenders on the floor by out skilling them. The only issue is the officiating. He can be more productive in a league where the players get more out of the ref by goading a defender into tripping them or pushing them off the ball. Pat Roberts in my opinion could never be as successful in the Championship.

Do I think the move was a wrong one? Yes, of course I do, he was the most exciting young player we have had in generations. My biggest "what if" of the past few years was our relegation. I sincerely believe Roberts would have stayed this year and been a key part of the side if we had stayed up. He is ours no longer, lets just hope he remembers the time he spent with us when he visits.

What we feel about Roberts is exactly what Evertonians felt about Rooney leaving and Southampton supporters felt about their numerous talents.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

bog

Good words Anderson. Really hurt when he left. If still a prem club....

092.gif   

bill taylors apprentice

You heard it here first !!!

He will be another lost talent.

In time he may be make a living of sorts from playing somewhere but he won't be a regular starter in the PL.

Not sour grapes just being realistic.