watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did Lewis do when he came on?

Started by Wearethewhites, October 18, 2015, 03:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

I know he didn't have a lot to do, but it's looking likely that he'll feature on Wednesday, if Lonergan isn't fit. Whilst we're on the subject of Lonergan, does anyone know the extent of his injury?

bog

I have the same question. Was he not at Blackpool last season? If so he must have come hand in glove with Jamie O'Hara. I think he was a highly rated prospect when a yoof.

092.gif

cmg

Quote from: bog on October 18, 2015, 03:24:31 PM
I have the same question. Was he not at Blackpool last season? If so he must have come hand in glove with Jamie O'Hara. I think he was a highly rated prospect when a yoof.

Yes. Lewis played for England at all age groups from u15 to u21.

He was on the bench when England u21 lost 4-0 to Germany in the 2009 Euro u21 Final. Richard Stearman was with him that day.
As a matter of (possible) interest, that Germany u21 side included SIX of their future 2014 WC winning squad (Neuer, Hummells, Howedes, Boateng, Khadira and Ozil) plus 2 other full German internationals together with Boesnich, who now plays for Poland and Johnson who is a USA international.

Our team was:
22 Scott Loach
2 Martin Cranie
4 Lee Cattermole
6 Nedum Onuoha
7 James Milner
10 Mark Noble
11 Adam Johnson
12 Fabrice Muamba
14 Theo Walcott
17 Micah Richards
19 Kieran Gibbs

...which goes to show...er, something...I'm not sure what (except, perhaps that we were lucky only to lose 4 nil!)

MJG

He did well,  couple if shots at him handled well. I'm ok with him in the team unlike other recent reserve keepers.
One weakness is the speed he takes to kick the ball when passed back to him. Got caught during the Stoke game and almost yesterday.