News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Schwarzer leaves, who would you like as a realistic replacement?

Started by Serotonin, July 30, 2010, 11:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serotonin

We have been linked with Robert Green and David James. Both decent keepers, but I think Green is prone to the odd clanger (like James was in his younger days) and I'm not just saying that on the back of his World Cup. Having said that he's young and in the England squad. For me, Davis James is too old and would only be a short term solution. Who else should we be in for? Or should we promote Stockdale?

AlFayedsChequebook

If Schwarzer left it would be a huge blow. I would hope that we would go for a longer term target than someone like James although I would except him as a stopgap if we were spending big on other players. If we are talking stopgaps I would prefer Timo Hildenbrand.

As for Green, I just don't rate him. He doesn't inspire confidence in defences.

Stockdale, I don't think, will ever make it beyond backup keeper.

I think we should be looking abroad for a replacement. Vincent Enyeama? I could see us going for someone from South America with Hughes now in place.

Of course this is all rather academic in my mind because I don't believe that Schwarzer will go.

mrska

I wonder how far David Stockdale is from being good enough for the Premiership. I keep hearing good reports about him..  but he doesnt really get a look in, apart from friendlies?

Burt

Obviously we need a proven top-notch keeper, but we should also do more to "blood" David Stockdale in.

He is in the classic catch-22 of not having the experience, but not being given the chance to gain the experience.

He has been widely touted as "one for the future", so I would like to see what he is made of.

Ordar

Enyeama is a great shout. We were linked with Kameni (at Espanyol) a couple times, who is very highly rated.

Robinson would be decent, what about Kasper Schmeichel? He seemed like a great prospect (yes I know he went to Notts County)

WhiteJC

Quote from: mrska on July 30, 2010, 11:53:49 AM
I wonder how far David Stockdale is from being good enough for the Premiership. I keep hearing good reports about him..  but he doesnt really get a look in, apart from friendlies?

he played in a couple of the early Europa games and look OK, perhaps he'll get a chance i some cup games this season?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 30, 2010, 11:51:14 AM

As for Green, I just don't rate him. He doesn't inspire confidence in defences.

Stockdale, I don't think, will ever make it beyond backup keeper.

I think we should be looking abroad for a replacement. Vincent Enyeama?

Please, no african goalkeepers. To shaky and inconstant.
Green would be better.

richardhkirkando

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 30, 2010, 03:49:44 PM
Please, no african goalkeepers. To shaky and inconstant.
Green would be better.
Don't think it's fair to lump all players from a continent together.  Everybody's different, right?

Anyway, Marcus Hahnemann might be worth bringing back if Wolves decide to go with Wayne Hennessey.  A year ago, I'd say Gomes, but I think Spurs finally realized that he's actually really good.

Tom

Fulham for life!