watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ben Pringle

Started by Mladens Nan, October 19, 2015, 09:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mladens Nan

What are everybody's thoughts on Mr Pringle? I was worried he might have been made to look good in a poor Rotherham side, and so far I am of the opinion that may well be correct...

The alternatives aren't the best, but would anyone else like to see someone else given a shot on that wing? Kacaniklic, Husband or even move Cairney to that side, with Fredericks or LVC on the right?

What does everyone think?

Wearethewhites

Pringle was like this at Rotherham. One game he'd rip someone like Fulham a new one, next 3 games he'd go on the missing list. I'm torn about Pringle as he always manages to pull something out he bag, be it an inch perfect cross, or goal.

bobbo

You're probably bang on with that comment,he seems no better than average and looked so good against us at the cottage last season, " not hard to look good amidst so many average players" at that time.
He certainly doesn't like a tackle
1975 just leaving home full of hope

copthornemike

On a very positive note he is probably the best crosser of a ball in the team. I would like to have seen more games with him and Smith in the team. Also a hard worker - would be interesting to see the distance stats.

The negative is he is physically lightweight so easy to nudge off the ball and often ineffective in a 50:50 tackle.

But overall I think he has been a good addition to the team compared to what we had last season.

Max Headroom

I'm in two minds. I have a view that he's limited in what he brings to the team, but he tries 100%. However my limited thoughts mean I think I'd prefer George w one left

hovewhite

Great work ehic and delivery of a cross!

nose

sorry to be a drag but he massively underwhelming
some of the qualities losted above are true but he does not have the ability or capability to produce all of it in one game... he flatters to decieve.. a good cross here and anonymois for 80 mins. he runs around a lot but geberally to no useful effect. he and cairney like richards are symptomztic of our malise... they are not really goinf to take us upwards. they are a sad reflextion of how dar we have fallen.

dannyboi-ffc

Crossing is inconsistent. One minute he is like Beckham and the next it is shocking. He is so slow it's ridiculous, it's almost as if he is running backwards. He is very weak and easily pushed off the ball and as a result he isn't capable of beating a player or running with the ball which makes him a one trick pony.

When it comes off he has a blinder but he is consistently awful at the things I said he can't do and inconsistent at doing the things he does best. Which imo makes him a squad player. Kaca is even worse in my eyes. Right weird one there as he seemed to have the potential to be a decent player. I think with him it's mainly psychological.

I'd like to see Husband there in front of Garbutt mainly because it adds pace on the counter especially away from home as Husband is very good taking people on. I don't buy this argument that defenders can't play on the wing, Kavanagh and Stafylidis maybe but Husband is better than Pringle and Kaca.

Hopefully Williams is back soon, it would be great seeing how he does compared to the others. Going back to Pringle, on a free he has been a good signing but I don't remember anyone rivalling us for his signature which doesn't happen often with us. Surely if he  was that good it wouldn't have been that easy. IMO he is what he is, he will never get better. He is an honest pro who gives his all and is a good player to have in the squad. But if you want more than that then he can't be starting every week like he has been.

Hard to change a team that drew 0-0 at Boro though. That's a great point so I'd imagine he will stick with him.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 19, 2015, 09:14:22 PM
Pringle was like this at Rotherham. One game he'd rip someone like Fulham a new one, next 3 games he'd go on the missing list. I'm torn about Pringle as he always manages to pull something out he bag, be it an inch perfect cross, or goal.

I agree entirely. Good point.

Also, I met Ben Pringle in Wimbledon just after he signed. He was a very pleasant chap and was happy to have a chat.

MJG

Pringle has blown hot and cold that's for sure. But has shown enough qualities to not give up on him. When he has played well its been very good.
Unlike Danny I don't want Husband or Garbutt on the wing, Pringle, Kaca and Williams are good enough for that position.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on October 19, 2015, 11:08:23 PM
Pringle has blown hot and cold that's for sure. But has shown enough qualities to not give up on him. When he has played well its been very good.
Unlike Danny I don't want Husband or Garbutt on the wing, Pringle, Kaca and Williams are good enough for that position.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Have to agree to disagree then. Maybe against certain teams Pringle is the answer but he's already proved against teams like Wolves who have pace and strength he might as well stay at home. Kaca imo has lost it completely, I think it's a confidence thing but if I was in charge he would be a long way off a starting role in the team. Williams is worthy of a run in the team, he was always my favourite from the golden generation.  Very direct which is something the other two don't give you. One cant run for starters and the other runs around in circles before losing possession. George is certainly the best of the three and if I had more belief in those two I wouldn't want Husband on the wing but I don't.  I don't want Garbutt there,  too selfish based on the Charlton cameo. I just feel Husband would offer us more over 90 minutes than Pringle and I'm not sure Husband is actually a full back. Defensively he is quite poor.

I know Husband is good on the overlap but we've not tried him on the wing, I see a winger in him rather than a defender. He wouldn't be the first to make a change of position at such an old age

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

love4ffc

Agree he is a bit of a lightweight.  I'd also like to see him take players 1v1 more rather then passing it most of the time.  He does give a 100% and can produce a lovely cross.  Still it's not consistent enough. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

HatterDon

Quote from: hovewhite on October 19, 2015, 09:53:05 PM
Great work ehic and delivery of a cross!

agree with this .. but he's generally figured out by the 60th minute and needs to be subbed.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

Quote from: bobbo on October 19, 2015, 09:18:41 PM
You're probably bang on with that comment,he seems no better than average and looked so good against us at the cottage last season, " not hard to look good amidst so many average players" at that time.
He certainly doesn't like a tackle

Yeah. I saw him totally bottle a 50/50 in the pre season Vs Palace and was hoping that it was just because he didn't want to get injured with a week to go before the opener (still no excuse) but it seems I was wrong. Its a bit of a problem I have with some of my U15's as the lads are different stages of growth and testosterone levels and some of those 'leaps out the way' are embarrassing but a Championship player has no excuse IMO.

On other parts of his game I cant comment. I haven't been to enough games as yet and hate commenting on someone based on the odd live TV game and a few highlights. He has weighed in with some goals though and that's certainly something we have lacked before.

JDH101

If the answer is Kacaniklic, then we are asking the wrong questions.

For that reason, Pringle has been a good signing in my eyes.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: JDH101 on October 20, 2015, 07:09:37 AM

Lol so true. I'm a bit worried when people want Kaca to start.  He has lost it imo. Don't know how but it'll take a big turn around to get his career back on track.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

leonffc

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 20, 2015, 07:43:02 AM

Lol so true. I'm a bit worried when people want Kaca to start.  He has lost it imo. Don't know how but it'll take a big turn around to get his career back on track.

Agree with both ^^^

MJG

What it needs is a manager to stop messing around with him and stick to playing him as a direct running left winger. I'd make him watch videos of Boa at his best and how he ran at the box and none of this stopping and checking looking inside.

3 point plan....

-Play on left wing
-orders to run at the box and full backs
-watch Boa videos and take note

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: MJG on October 20, 2015, 08:24:06 AM

What it needs is a manager to stop messing around with him and stick to playing him as a direct running left winger. I'd make him watch videos of Boa at his best and how he ran at the box and none of this stopping and checking looking inside.

3 point plan....

-Play on left wing

I tend to agree with you Mike...but I struggle to believe he is good enough. He is too lightweight and indecisive/lacks the confidence.

MJG

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 20, 2015, 08:27:53 AM
Quote from: MJG on October 20, 2015, 08:24:06 AM

3 point plan....

-Play on left wing

I tend to agree with you Mike...but I struggle to believe he is good enough. He is too lightweight and indecisive/lacks the confidence.
But thats the point, hes had his head messed around, play left, play right, play central (pre season).
At his best (and I watched a lot of him at U21) and early on he was direct, for whatever reason it seems to have been coached out of him.
I agree hes not the strongest player in the world and I understand the frustration of everyone with him. I'd just like one more last go at seeing what he can really do, without all the other crap hes asked to do.