News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do we have a Left Back dilemma this evening?

Started by Wimbledon_White, October 21, 2015, 08:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimbledon_White

Garbutt apparently played well on Saturday (I wasn't there, I was away on holiday), but Husband is now eligible to play again.
Dembele has done well since coming in but if Smith is fit...does he start against his old team?

If you were Kit, who would you choose at Left Back / up front this evening? (In my mind the rest are pretty straight forward)

Assuming Lonergan and Smith are fit, my team would be:

Lonergan
Richards Stearman Burn Husband
Cairney O'Hara Tunnicliffe Pringle
              Smith McCormack

Nothing against Dembele - I think he's done really well recently - I just reckon Smith and McCormack will be pumped for this game. If Smith plays, he will score...I can feel it in my bones. I guess it's unlikely he is fit enough to start the game though, he'll probably be on the bench.

I can feel a victory tonight. I am feeling confident.

ffc2004

Wasn't impressed with Garbutt at all at Boro, got caught out far too often for me.  Also getting forward, he couldn't put a ball in to save his life, best example of that being a free kick he tried to swing in, which led to Boro nearly scoring on the break.

shnlwswlkr

Smith is rubbish. If he was to replace Dembele it would be awful.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Wimbledon_White

ffc2004

I'd also guess that Lonners wouldn't play, so Lewis in.

alfie

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on October 21, 2015, 08:15:36 AM
Smith is rubbish. If he was to replace Dembele it would be awful.

I think next time you should say what you mean
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

dannyboi-ffc

Broken record from me but I'd love to see Garbutt with Husband on the wing. Maybe it wouldn't work but I think it's worth a try. Mainly because I don't rate Kaca or Pringle.

If Smith is fit I'd still have him on the bench. He is a very useful weapon but Dembele's pace means he should be starting. We become too predictable when Smith plays. Although we are too bloody predictable anyway I guess lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

ffc2004

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 21, 2015, 08:25:55 AM
Broken record from me but I'd love to see Garbutt with Husband on the wing. Maybe it wouldn't work but I think it's worth a try. Mainly because I don't rate Kaca or Pringle.

I'm an advocate of giving Husband a go on left mid as well.

Wimbledon_White

Nah, I don't like the idea of playing players out of position on a whim that it MIGHT work.

Not in a league game anyway.

Ordar

I wouldn't mind seeing Husband at LM either. Is Cairney still banned or is that done now?

Dembele to start with Smith off the bench. Hopefully that means we wont see Woodrow's impression of a headless chicken.

Lewis will start in goal as Lonners isn't quite fit enough according to Kit.

Ream is still out so Burn will play.

Fredricks vs Richards is a hard call.

ffc2004

What I wouldn't mind is Fredericks on the right of midfield, then bring Cairney on later.

Sgt Fulham

Hopefully Fredricks on the right, Husband on the left and Dembele up front. However, I can see Richards on the right, Garbutt on the left and Smith partnering Ross.

Wimbledon_White

Contrary to what many say I think Richards has been decent this season. Certainly no worse than any other defender...that penalty aside.

People seem to complete miss most of the good work he does do. Also, Fredericks was woeful against Wolves I thought.

dannyboi-ffc

Imo Jazz is a better player than Fredericks. Other than being lightning quick I don't think Fredericks offers much. If he did, with that pace he would be worth more than we paid and wouldn't be bouncing from Bristol City to Fulham.

Lewis

Jazz    Stearman     Burn      Garbutt

LVC        Tunni    O' hara      Husband

Ross

Dembele

Subs
Rodak
Fredericks
Hutch
Hyndman
Kaca
Pringle
Smith

I think Cairney is suspended still. Straight red vs Wolves equals 3 match ban. So far he's missed Charlton and Boro unless I've missed one.

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

leonffc

Smith generally isn't fit enough to start a match after a long run in the side so I certainly wouldn't start him straight after coming back from injury. Definitely a plan b IMO. Plus Dembele hasn't done a lot wrong to warrant being dropped.

Wimbledon_White

Yeah I think my 'Smith will score' prediction is utterly moot...he blatantly won't start a match quite yet.

MJG

I'd rather we kept the outfield ten the same as last Saturday. They got the point and deserve another start.
I have issues with a couple of players and if I felt like it I could argue to bring a couple in, but reward should be given to players when they get a result, and on this occasion no change for me.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Sheepskin Junior

I haven't liked LVC on the right, and I don't think he's had a great season thus far. I'd go for

Lewis
Richards Stearman Burn Garbutt
Kacaniklic Tunnicliffe O'Hara Pringle
McCormack Dembele

Rodak, Fredericks, Husband, Parker, LVC, Woodrow, Smith on the bench
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

nose

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 21, 2015, 09:19:32 AM
Imo Jazz is a better player than Fredericks. Other than being lightning quick I don't think Fredericks offers much. If he did, with that pace he would be worth more than we paid and wouldn't be bouncing from Bristol City to Fulham.

Lewis

Jazz    Stearman     Burn      Garbutt

LVC        Tunni    O' hara      Husband

Ross

Dembele

Subs
Rodak
Fredericks
Hutch
Hyndman
Kaca
Pringle
Smith

I think Cairney is suspended still. Straight red vs Wolves equals 3 match ban. So far he's missed Charlton and Boro unless I've missed one.

I think you are correct about cairney...we haven't kmissed him anyway.

And you know you are one of my favourite posters.... but two goal woodrow is not even on the bench and no chance of scoring demebele remains first choice? At some point our center forward has to trouble the opposition goal. Smith at least has goals in him, woodrow has goals in him, we need another goalscorer on the pitch. In all honesty I am not against dembele, but he is very young and shows it far too often to be such a regular starter, it is bad for him and for us. It would not harm him in the slightest to have a spell on the bench, in fact it would do him some good.
Just my opinion.