more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The bloke that sits behind me

Started by snarks, October 22, 2015, 09:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

I wonder if he's on here or reads the board.   :hook:

From the moment the game starts, not one positive comment comes out of his mouth, whether it be about a bad pass, people arriving 2 minutes late (or heaven help 5 minutes late), standing up to let people in to their seats. standing up to the crowd singing "stand up if you love Fulham" The ref not blowing for half time when he thinks he should, or indeed not starting the second half on time.

Yet for all these comments about people arriving late, he leaves after 88 minutes. If you can never say a good word about anything during a game, why go?

Berserker

The guy in front of me is really grumpy and has fits of rants, and he is getting on abit. He is really rude to people that want to get past him, but I think really if you sit on the end of a row it goes with the territory.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

glenhodgso

Quote from: snarks on October 22, 2015, 09:20:13 AM

From the moment the game starts, not one positive comment comes out of his mouth, whether it be about a bad pass, people arriving 2 minutes late (or heaven help 5 minutes late), standing up to let people in to their seats. standing up to the crowd singing "stand up if you love Fulham" The ref not blowing for half time when he thinks he should, or indeed not starting the second half on time.

Yet for all these comments about people arriving late, he leaves after 88 minutes. If you can never say a good word about anything during a game, why go?

I sit in TL and everyone there is lovely, without exception.

For cup games, and for a different perspective, I try for a seat in W.  But I am sure this is where you sit - I know the bloke you mean (or his double) - never has a good thing to say, only shuts up when were ahead by two goals - I do wonder why people like that bother turning up - also - total lack of self-awareness, and completely disrespectful to <fellow?> supporters

bill taylors apprentice

If its constant, week in week out then I agree its a shame.
I had a guy behind me in the Haynes stand a few years back who went on and on.

But, I find myself being more and more critical of the performances of some players and the manager during the matches.

There's no avoiding the shambles put before us a lot of the time and therefore a couple of witty or hair dryer style remarks are acceptable in my book.

Rhys Lightning 63

People arriving 2 minutes late (or heaven help 5 minutes late)

Well I'm with him on that, people arriving late really ticks me off, as does people leaving early (some leaving in the 80th minute, for crying out loud)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

leonffc

Are you in H1 with me and Admin?  :005:

Airfix

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on October 22, 2015, 12:15:57 PM

Well I'm with him on that, people arriving late really ticks me off, as does people leaving early (some leaving in the 80th minute, for crying out loud)

I guess that you have to make allowance for late arrivals due to people having transport issues or trouble getting out of work on time (especially for the night games).  What I do think, however, is that late arrivers should respect the fact that the game has started and not fanny around finding and getting to their seats.  The rows are alphabetised and the seats numbered - how hard can it be to find yours?  Don't stand in the gangways, sodding around whilst others have to crane their necks to see the game!

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Airfix on October 22, 2015, 12:37:59 PM

I guess that you have to make allowance for late arrivals due to people having transport issues or trouble getting out of work on time (especially for the night games).  What I do think, however, is that late arrivers should respect the fact that the game has started and not fanny around finding and getting to their seats.  The rows are alphabetised and the seats numbered - how hard can it be to find yours?  Don't stand in the gangways, sodding around whilst others have to crane their necks to see the game!
[/b][/size]

Quite right !!

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on October 22, 2015, 12:49:12 PM

I guess that you have to make allowance for late arrivals due to people having transport issues or trouble getting out of work on time (especially for the night games).  What I do think, however, is that late arrivers should respect the fact that the game has started and not fanny around finding and getting to their seats.  The rows are alphabetised and the seats numbered - how hard can it be to find yours?  Don't stand in the gangways, sodding around whilst others have to crane their necks to see the game!
[/b][/size]

Quite right !!

I was a STH for ten years, before I headed off to Uni. I sat on the aisle for the last 7 of them, so EVERY late person that came in blocked my view of the game
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

F(f)CUK

At least now I know that Snarks sits in front of me and Beserker behind me.  I think that at the moment you could be describing almost anywhere in the ground, apart from the Putney end which is either full of opposition supporters or empty.

Berserker

I think people trying to find their seats could be due alot with pay on the gate sales
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jarv

Many years ago, the magazine WSC (when saturday comes) had the funniest article I have ever read....title....the bloke behind. I wish I had kept it. They exist everywhere, every club, with every generation.

snarks

I also should point out my own error last night. I'd been fairly quiet for me at the game (abit like the team), when for about the 6124th time in the first half the team gave the ball away just outside the box. The defenders immediately backed off, and the midfield were absent without leave. I shouted really loudly for someone to go and close him down. The young lad in front visibly jumped. He moved seats at half time.  :005:

Logicalman

Quote from: jarv on October 22, 2015, 02:02:58 PM
Many years ago, the magazine WSC (when saturday comes) had the funniest article I have ever read....title....the bloke behind. I wish I had kept it. They exist everywhere, every club, with every generation.

Here's the reference from WSC

He's back. After a long absence from the pages of WSC, I unfortunately have to announce that The Bloke Behind Me (TBBM) has reinvented himself and now poses a new menace at football grounds across the land. TBBM now has a mobile phone and intends using it at a ground near you. On three separate occasions this season at Maine Road, my enjoyment of the game has been spoiled by TBBM (actually, the last occasion was by The Couple Next To Me – TCNTM) The first time, TBBM contacted his pal sat in the opposite stand. There followed the familiar nonsensical conversation of "Where are you?... Yeah, I'm waving, can you see me?" etc. He then contacted his friend after each goal (City beat Sheffield Utd 6-0). The second TBBM must have had one of those free-calls-at-weekend deals. He gave a running commentary for the whole 90 min­­­utes, including a rundown of the half- time scores. Neither of TCNTM saw much of the second half, as they were more bothered about sending text messages than watching the game. Then, with about five minutes to go, the woman lets out a cry of "Oh no, I forgot" and then furiously dials a number before asking her mother to record Coronation Street. She then informs all around us that Chelsea are drawing 0-0 with Milan. This comment receives a welcome rebuke from TBBM, who remarks that if he was ­int­erested in Chelsea, he would have stay­ed at home and watched it on TV. Perhaps the use of mobile phones should be banned at grounds, as they are in hospitals and aircraft. The police should be able to confiscate them on entry as offensive weapons – which they could be, of course. Also, is it any coincidence that the tannoy announcers no longer amuse spectators with their request for "Fred Jones to go to the hospital please as your wife is giving birth"? That is because Fred, selfishly, will now have a mobile phone. For emergencies – fine. But otherwise, please – it's not good to talk, in fact, it's a pain in the arse.
Phill Gatenby, Moston

That was from Jan 2000!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

leonffc

I don't even know where my seat is. I always sit around it somewhere but just bowl in and sit down at an empty spot.

epsomraver

Quote from: Berserker on October 22, 2015, 09:32:54 AM
The guy in front of me is really grumpy and has fits of rants, and he is getting on abit. He is really rude to people that want to get past him, but I think really if you sit on the end of a row it goes with the territory.

Sorry Claire, will do next time :005:

Carborundum

At any ground in the country it's quite difficult to be very far away from a vocal complainer.  People let off steam, it's usually healthy.  I do it, but lacking vocal spontaneity, it's  limited to "No", "Yes", "Ooh" and my Swiss army penknife "Aargh"

Last season there was a fellow a few rows back who directed all outbursts at Kit Symons, asking Kit questions and basically engaging in a one-sided conversation with our manager.  Kit's judgements and decisions were frequently called into question.  But none of Kit's decisions seemed quite as ineffectual as choosing the JH stand to do this from. 

He's not there this season, so maybe our loss is the Riverside's gain.

WORTHINGFULHAM

It's not surprising when you pay good money and only get back disappointment, there is no feel good factor or thinking we might win this, we always seem to throw it away.

Logicalman

Quote from: Carborundum on October 22, 2015, 07:56:44 PM
At any ground in the country it's quite difficult to be very far away from a vocal complainer.  People let off steam, it's usually healthy.  I do it, but lacking vocal spontaneity, it's  limited to "No", "Yes", "Ooh" and my Swiss army penknife "Aargh"

Last season there was a fellow a few rows back who directed all outbursts at Kit Symons, asking Kit questions and basically engaging in a one-sided conversation with our manager.  Kit's judgements and decisions were frequently called into question.  But none of Kit's decisions seemed quite as ineffectual as choosing the JH stand to do this from. 

He's not there this season, so maybe our loss is the Riverside's gain.

I would have thought if any of the suggestions were any good then the reason for his 'disappearance' is down to him now being Director of Football at Fulham   :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Blanco

Nothing wrong with leaving a few minutes early if you want to avoid the crowds.