watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Referee

Started by Southcoastffc, October 22, 2015, 11:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc2004

For me that wasn't a pen with Fredericks, thought it at the time looking right at it from H5, and still think that now.  He went looking for it and went down very easily.

snarks

Quote from: ffc2004 on October 23, 2015, 11:06:43 AM
For me that wasn't a pen with Fredericks, thought it at the time looking right at it from H5, and still think that now.  He went looking for it and went down very easily.

No denying he went down easily, it was the arm across the face though, that was the foul. At the very least it was obstruction. If it wasn't a foul, was it a dive and should he have been booked then. (I was in H4 so my view would be similar to yours)

SP

What a contrast today's ref was to Wednesday.  Ignoring the afters in the second half was sensible but I expect he'll be criticised by his observer.

Once again the away coaches spent the entire match bending the ear of the 4th official.

Whitesideup

Quote from: snarks on October 23, 2015, 11:34:26 AM

No denying he went down easily, it was the arm across the face though, that was the foul. At the very least it was obstruction. If it wasn't a foul, was it a dive and should he have been booked then. (I was in H4 so my view would be similar to yours)

Incidentally an arm thrust into someone's face is never obstruction .. not ever.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 25, 2015, 05:03:15 PM

Incidentally an arm thrust into someone's face is never obstruction .. not ever.
What is it then? 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bill2

If it is an arm to the face I thought it would have been a straight red and a penalty. However, from H2 it was more an arm across the neck/shoulder and he only played the man with no intent to play the ball. So in mind OK in American football a foul in ours.

snarks

I'd agree a thrust into the face is a foul and a red card, this was an arm across to stop the runner going past, it just happened to be across his face. I'm not sure whether deliberate or not, but clear intent to stop Fredricks getting to the ball. Hence my comment at the least obstruction.