watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The tactical dilemma ...

Started by colinwhite, October 22, 2015, 08:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

As I see it, forKS orwhoever takesover from him if he were to be sacked is how to accomodate Ross MAckormack in our team still not get  overrun in midfield . Actually our2 best players mackormack(who is not best as a lone striker) ohara ( who isnot mobile or strong enough )to be our holding midfielder) superb though heis on the ball
In My View the balance of theteam is not right. Teams that press us high with 5 men midfields are causing us massive problems.
I am not suggesting that we should drop RM JO BUTwe  are not going to win many matches in 442 EVERY 90 minuters we play

nose

wew could play 3 5 2 as many suggest
I think that may be the way forward with our squad
i also think we need a change of personnel in the front two ross is a top class experienced player and would benifit from playing alongside woodrow who IMO should be given his chance. I suspect neither of things will happen and we will continue as we are and kit will be gone soon.

Whitesideup

Quote from: nose on October 22, 2015, 09:49:27 PM
wew could play 3 5 2 as many suggest
I think that may be the way forward with our squad
i also think we need a change of personnel in the front two ross is a top class experienced player and would benifit from playing alongside woodrow who IMO should be given his chance. I suspect neither of things will happen and we will continue as we are and kit will be gone soon.
3 5 2 sounds logical but few teams are able to use it successfully and if they do, it does not last long. In many cases it ends up as as 4 1 3 2  as the wing backs end up alongside the back 2 and then on eof the 3 in the middle operates a bit higher up. So what sounds like an enterprising formation ends up as fairly conventional  .. if a bit narrow.

FPT

Ross McCormack has been the most frustrating part of this season. He's losing us points at this stage, his performances are below par - his finishing inconsistent and the affect he has on team shape isn't worth his contribution so far this season. Last I checked, and maybe MJG can update for us, but McCormack's season average on the fan player ratings survey was below 6, and I presume closer to five given the matches since then.

I think we could play Tom Cairney either as part of a central midfield three or behind Dembele to good effect but there feels a need to start McCormack no matter what. I've been one of people calling for an attempt to play 352, but I don't see that coming under Kit.

As it is, we'll stick to the 442 with no width - a central midfielder that tries to do everything but with limited technical ability. I admire the will to stick to a plan, but there's been no attempt to play anything other than a 442.

MJG

Quote from: FPT on October 23, 2015, 12:15:32 AM
Ross McCormack has been the most frustrating part of this season. He's losing us points at this stage, his performances are below par - his finishing inconsistent and the affect he has on team shape isn't worth his contribution so far this season. Last I checked, and maybe MJG can update for us, but McCormack's season average on the fan player ratings survey was below 6, and I presume closer to five given the matches since then.

I think we could play Tom Cairney either as part of a central midfield three or behind Dembele to good effect but there feels a need to start McCormack no matter what. I've been one of people calling for an attempt to play 352, but I don't see that coming under Kit.

As it is, we'll stick to the 442 with no width - a central midfielder that tries to do everything but with limited technical ability. I admire the will to stick to a plan, but there's been no attempt to play anything other than a 442.
Ross is on 5.71

here are all the results so far

Skatzoffc

Good post Colin.
Unfortunately this assumes we have a coach who knows something about formations and tactics.
064.gif

I'd like to try a 3-5-2 tbh.

--------------------Lewis------------
---------Stearman--Burn--Ream-------
Fredericks------------------------Husband
---------Cairney---O'Hara--Tunnicliffe----
------------McCormack--Dembele

Dembele can be switched for Woody/Smith depending on opposition.

Obv O'Hara can't play Saturday but a future team selection.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

I think we should be playing a 4-3-3. It would be ridiculous to not play McCormack. May not be setting the world alight but his stats are 1 in 2 and hes created 15 chances so far. His relationship with Demebele at times has looked frightening. Against QPR those two were unbelievable.

I'd like to see something like below. But i think we do need to sign an enforcer either on loan or in January. Parker will be a 60 minute player at most now. Thing with Symons is hes frightened to try any other shapes. 4-4-2 whether its a diamond or flat is all he seems to try. Cant remember us playing any other shape?

Richards  Stearman     Ream    Husband

O'Hara               Parker
                       Cairney

Fredericks                              McCormack

Dembele/Smith