watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stoors eyes second chance

Started by Lighthouse, July 30, 2010, 05:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

FREDDIE Stoor hopes Mark Hughes's arrival at Craven Cottage will hand him a Fulham lifeline.

The Swede looked like being on his way out of SW6 before Roy Hodgson left for Liverpool this summer.

Stoor made just 10 appearances since being signed by Hodgson in 2008, and spent a spell last season out on loan at Derby County.

But the right-back hopes he can impress the Welshman and force his way into his plans.

He said: "I don't think I was given a fair chance under Roy and I thought my Fulham career was over.

"But hopefully I can impress the new manager and show him what I can do.

"I'm still under contract and want to stay at Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

oooo erh. Player criticises Roy. Whatever next. I hope it does'nt happen but I feel the shadow Roy has cast will still have some influence in the couple of weeks to the new season and until the transfer window closes. Hopefully the big names will line up to hail the new emperor before being asked to.

mattiesafer

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 30, 2010, 05:40:43 PM
FREDDIE Stoor hopes Mark Hughes's arrival at Craven Cottage will hand him a Fulham lifeline.

The Swede looked like being on his way out of SW6 before Roy Hodgson left for Liverpool this summer.

Stoor made just 10 appearances since being signed by Hodgson in 2008, and spent a spell last season out on loan at Derby County.

But the right-back hopes he can impress the Welshman and force his way into his plans.

He said: "I don't think I was given a fair chance under Roy and I thought my Fulham career was over.

"But hopefully I can impress the new manager and show him what I can do.

"I'm still under contract and want to stay at Fulham.

Every player deserves a chance to redeem himself, so I say let him do his talking on the pitch!

Hazey

Must of been a pretty big personality clash hey?!?!?  Which is a bit weird in itself as wasn't it Roy who was chasing pretty hard to sign him?
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Fernhurst

I watched him with interest at Bournemouth last week ........ ting ting ... taxi for fredrick.

FatFreddysCat

Stoor is useless, hopefully Hull will sign him.

Chopper

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 30, 2010, 05:40:43 PM

He's wrong ...

Didn't see much of Stoor but he looked poor whenever he turned out, might be a squad player but he's never going to make the first eleven.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

cebu

Ah yes, blames the ex-manager for his own inadequacy. Take a leaf out of Pantsil's book and work on yourself.  :035:

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 30, 2010, 06:35:52 PM
I watched him with interest at Bournemouth last week ........ ting ting ... taxi for fredrick.

Same could apply for Murph on the day. If Hughes signs off the Sidwell deal and he pursues Ireland the position in the middle of the middle starts looking like the one with the most options. Murph might even fall behind Greening as even he can run a bit and thus gives the ball away further up the pitch.

FC Silver Fox

Not a very imaginative title for the newspaper article. I would have gone for  "What's in Stoor at Fulham?
In answer to my own question, not a lot unless he loses some weight and becomes a lot sharper and quicker.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.