watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shahid Khan - where was he today?

Started by Shredhead, October 24, 2015, 08:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

His U.S. Football team were there, his cheerleaders were there, but where was he? And why hasn't Sarah Brookes told him that MAF did a pitch walkabout and how well it went down?
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Shredhead

Was he? I looked a few times through my binos at the place he normally sits and he was AWOL. I hope he was there, saw our Renaissance and continues to fund us Back into the top flight.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

fulhamben

Only going on what Jim and Sean said, but they said he was there
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Andy S

You obviously wasn't there as he was seen on the big screen with a big smile underneath his tash at the end of the game.

Berserker

JMS & I was blocking the path of the cheerleaders by accident and was asked to move over.  Surprised how thick their tights were, real Nora Batty type things, mind you must seem so cold here compared to Florida
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Logicalman

Quote from: Shredhead on October 24, 2015, 08:44:23 PM
His U.S. Football team were there, his cheerleaders were there, but where was he? And why hasn't Sarah Brookes told him that MAF did a pitch walkabout and how well it went down?

I have to ask, why do you want him to act exactly as MaF?

People complain that he's not at the ground for every game 'like MaF', then when he is they complain he doesn't do a walkabout 'Like MaF', hopefully he won't withdraw all funding for 2 years and then sell us off to someone that hasn't slightest understanding of English footie then!

Just be happy the guy appears to be satisfied to fund the club and improve the ground. If he never comes to a game again and we get promoted to the Prem (with or without Kit in charge) I won't hold it against him. I'd prefer it if he does, but I'm not going to concern myself if he doesn't.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Fulham1959

Listen to Kit's post-match interview here :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34557204

Confirms that "he (Khan) saw us score 4 goals today".

irishfulham

nose

he was there for the whole game. for some reason he sits in the second row of the directors box AND he has his hair tied back but still has the moustach.
definitely and 100% there... and for the leeds game too.

Lighthouse

I always found Al parading around the pitch with his scarf and body guards a bit embarrassing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Apparently, there is no end to things to complain about on this site.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 25, 2015, 03:55:47 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 25, 2015, 01:13:20 AM
Apparently, there is no end to things to complain about on this site.

Agreed i thought Al Fayed was top man for carrying out his parades, at least he showed he cared, and had empathy with genuine fans, and not just the Prawn Sandwich Brigade.
One thing I admired about him, he would stop and talk to anyone who wanted to speak to him and shake his hand, much to the concern of his Close Protection Unit. He may have been a little arrogant on the odd occasions, but he at least acknowledged that the fans existed.
It's a great pity you weren't at Jax then when the team visited, what Khan did that weekend was just as magic for many of the fans.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Steven Ageroad

The only reason MAF did his pitch walk was that it was the shortest route from the Cottage the directors box., he didn't want to mix with the away fans under the Putney end.

Tonywa

Nobody else think that MAF parading round the pitch was just a matter of satisfying his giant ego and soaking up the crowd's adulation then?

dannyboi-ffc

I think it was a bit of both with Mo. It felt genuine and like mentioned in other threads it's about bonding and connecting to the fans. He did that very well but he loved it. He did it for himself too, it's clear to see from his personality that he loves a bit of attention. But he seemed to care.

When I hear Khan speak he seems to care too but has a different style. I'm not sure Khan should change who he is just to be popular. He comes across as a nice man and I'm sure he would have the time to speak to any fan that approached him. We as fans need to accept that Mo has gone and this is a new era with Khan's style.

But I will always have the memories of Mo with his scarf waving. Got to say, I loved it and I'm sure I'm not alone. It would be nice to see Khan at more games but I understand it's not that straight forward when you're based in America and have other businesses to keep an eye on. But it would be nice to see more of him. He only seems to show up when the jaguars are in town.

Sometimes I can understand why fans feel Fulham plays second fiddle to Khan's ambitions to make NFL big over here. Sometimes it's quite obvious.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

RaySmith

Khan, whatever his merits - and I'm sure he has many, bought Fulham because of his business interests, whereas MAF bought Fulham, and funded them, for non-business related reasons.

Well, he wanted popularity and acceptance in Britain, and to own a successful football club wouldn't harm his business, obviously, but he behaved like a fan, as all the old chairmen did -they were fans with money. But that breed is now sadly gone, and businessmen, often from abroad, attracted by the riches of the Prem, have taken over.

terryr

Honestly..............
The Khan bashing is getting old and hasnt a drop of credence behind it.
He has spent money.
He is redeveloping the riverside ( despite us sitting bottom of the table last year and mid table this year).
He  clearly wants results.
Compared to some of the clown owners in this league ( and others), HE IS GOD'S GIFT TO FFC.
Consider this for a moment:
He has spent BIG money ( all the other teams have complained about our expenditures)
He is redeveloping the Riverside stand regardless of our non PL status.
He hasnt loaded the club down with debt for his own enrichment.  
He doesn't meddle with player selections etc.
He has hired experts to help with manager selection and operations- owning a football club isnt the exercise in ego stroking as with some owners.
He seems to care about the integrity of the club and its history (show me one instance he has disrespected FFC's long distinguished history)
He is determined to run the club like a business not a billionaire's plaything.
He has pledged to give the sort of amenities on match day to justify the ticket prices. The slop served up mascarading as food today is disgusting.
He is demanding results- His 150 million investment is in trouble if we dont get back in the PL.
Sure he lives in the US.....so what?
No he doesnt come to every game.....so what?
The whinging and complaining is absurd at times.
He doesnt boo the team when we are losing( unlike some).
HE doesnt place bets against us winning.....unlike some fans on this board.
He took down the embarassing MJ statue.
Give it a rest and thank god we havent suffered the fate of many a team with idiot owners driven by ego and more money than sense.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: TerryR on October 26, 2015, 06:29:40 AM
Honestly..............
The Khan bashing is getting old and hasnt a drop of credence behind it.
He has spent money.
He is redeveloping the riverside ( despite us sitting bottom of the table last year and mid table this year).
He  clearly wants results.
Compared to some of the clown owners in this league ( and others), HE IS GOD'S GIFT TO FFC.
Consider this for a moment:
He has spent BIG money ( all the other teams have complained about our expenditures)
He is redeveloping the Riverside stand regardless of our non PL status.
He hasnt loaded the club down with debt for his own enrichment. 
He doesn't meddle with player selections etc.
He has hired experts to help with manager selection and operations- owning a football club isnt the exercise in ego stroking as with some owners.
He seems to care about the integrity of the club and its history (show me one instance he has disrespected FFC's long distinguished history)
He is determined to run the club like a business not a billionaire's plaything.
He has pledged to give the sort of amenities on match day to justify the ticket prices. The slop served up mascarading as food today is disgusting.
He is demanding results- His 150 million investment is in trouble if we dont get back in the PL.
Sure he lives in the US.....so what?
No he doesnt come to every game.....so what?
The whinging and complaining is absurd at times.
He doesnt boo the team when we are losing( unlike some).
HE doesnt place bets against us winning.....unlike some fans on this board.
He took down the embarassing MJ statue.
Give it a rest and thank god we havent suffered the fate of many a team with idiot owners driven by ego and more money than sense.

Bloody Brilliant
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"