more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

LVC

Started by jimmyc19, October 24, 2015, 10:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyc19

LVC
It's been well noted that his form this season isn't what it was last season. He's looked short of confidence (albeit not helped by changing positions quite a bit) and looked a shadow of the player that he was last year. However, whilst first half he was again quiet, I thought second half he was much better and it was probably his best 45 minutes of the season. Put in a good ball for the Dembele goal and could have had another assist with the McCormack goal-line clearance. In general he looked a little more confident on the ball and carried out his defensive duties well, even though that's never a problem with him.
It could be down to his recent run of games and Id be tempted to keep him in team because we all know what he's capable of when on form.

FPT

I think it's important to note that his role in central midfield had changed from last year to this. In the diamond, he was allowed the freedom of being the deep attacking force as he was covered by both Scott Parker and Ryan Tunnicliffe in the diamond. In a 442, he's asked to be a lot more restrictive, especially next to Jamie O'Hara - whereas Tunnicliffe's more defensive qualities slots him in well. It would probably be best to use him on the right hand side rather in a 442 as he can be more of an inside-wide box-to-box player rather than a restricted central midfielder - I think he benefits, especially whilst he's still such a young player, by releasing the shackles.