News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker gave the team talk at half time rumour?

Started by TheManOnTheBus, October 25, 2015, 02:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asotosyios

Parker was warming up on the pitch with the rest of the substitutes at half-time.

Logicalman

Quote from: cmg on October 25, 2015, 05:50:32 PM
No, no, Lighthouse. Parker did give 'the half time team talk' - even though he was out on the pitch kicking a ball about. He was wired up with a secret microphone and his talk was broadcast into the Fulham dressing room while Kit was locked in a toilet. Unfortunately the message was mistransmitted to aircraft landing at Heathrow causing...etc...etc.

I think the 'locked in the toilet' was deliberate misinformation, in fact Kit was wired up with a speaker in the teeth, and moved his mouth whilst Scotties words came out, just so he could give the right appearance. The players were confused however, as Kit appeared to puff and pant every now and again, just as though he was outside on the pitch having a kick about.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on October 25, 2015, 05:04:06 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on October 25, 2015, 05:00:57 PM
I can tell you as a FACT that Parker did not give the team talk. He shouted a bit from the sidelines which is as far as it went. Symons shows little emotion on the line and is criticised for that. But there was no Don Mackay/Jimmy Hill moment yesterday. I would tell you what went on but the cheer leader who actually gave the team talk has sworn me to secrecy

Had we lost the game you can be sure that this rumour would have been forgotten and Symons would have been blamed and probably been sacked. Sad that so many times I read that so called fans wanted us to lose or had mixed emotions at the come back. Disgusting I think but there you go.

so many fans? Name one who wanted us to lose

Here you go .....

Quote from: f321ffc on October 22, 2015, 08:34:03 PM
Quote from: Riversider on October 22, 2015, 08:16:14 PM
You know what,and it pains me to say this, as a supporter of 45 years and a holder of 3 season tickets,but I'm going to say it anyway,we might as well lose to Reading on Saturday and in doing so put Symons and us supporters out of our misery and suffering,
The worst possible thing for our long term future would surely be a flakey one nil win, Khan would return to Florida and we'd go on another run of 3 or 4 games with out a win,
S Hard as it is if losing on Saturday means losing Kit then i would take that hopefully he will be gone tomorrow, if fans of our standing (in my case over 50 years)are of this opinion then we are a club in crisis despite what others on this thread have said.o hopefully its a Reading win and the God awful reign of Kit Symons will come to an end !
It's been made to feel worse for me as I didn't want him as manager in the first place and said so on here, I didn't buy in to the "It must be a Fulham Man " nonsense.
Breaks my heart to even suggest wanting Fulham to lose, but that's made up by the fact that 48 hours from now Symons could be gone !
Hard as it is if losing on Saturday means losing Kit then i would take that hopefully he will be gone tomorrow, if fans of our standing (in my case over 50 years)are of this opinion then we are a club in crisis despite what others on this thread have said.

and

Quote from: davew on October 21, 2015, 09:36:04 PM
Come on Leeds, we need that final nail for Kits departure!

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

colinwhite

If scotty had given the half time talk and that had been the reason that we turned things around then that was an inspired move by Kit (which worked ), and ultimately his responsibility so he deserves the credit if true , If not then the credit is his . Everything else is his responsibiity so why shouldnt this be ?

BobbyTheBrain

Similar codswallop was spouted about Danny Murphy taking the reigns from MH up at Stoke.
It's not fair to flair.

MJG

Quote from: BobbyTheBrain on October 25, 2015, 07:48:30 PM
Similar codswallop was spouted about Danny Murphy taking the reigns from MH up at Stoke.
While I don't know that story, it is true the players had a meeting after the WHU game which concluded with them going to Hughes and saying they wanted to play a different way to what he was asking.

Roberty

Quote from: west kowloon white on October 25, 2015, 03:25:36 PM
Interesting for those of us who don't "do" Facebook,thanks.

Those that "do" Facebook are being "done" by Facebook

It is just non-governmental spying for the purpose of making money out of anyone who uses it

The people on it may elect to remain out of sight to other users, but everyone is a lamb to the slaughter for the owner because you can't hide anything from his sticky fingers
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Neil D

Quote from: cmg on October 25, 2015, 06:28:57 PM
Body language.

Picture taken at the moment of the final whistle 1966 WC Final.

The bloke with hand to forehead at front left is Helmut Schoen the German manager - even he doesn't look as unmoved as Ramsey.
Jimmy Greaves doesn't look that happy either.   Brian Labone was probably even less happy.  His bride-to-be made him withdraw from the England squad so they could get married...

cmg

Quote from: Neil D on October 25, 2015, 08:54:17 PM

Jimmy Greaves doesn't look that happy either.   Brian Labone was probably even less happy.  His bride-to-be made him withdraw from the England squad so they could get married...

Greaves has always said that he was one of the few who genuinely thought that we would win it, it just never occurred to him that it would happen without him.

mikestrand

Kaca said
The players had a talk between themselves and said we need to step it up, we need to get onto them' we need to press them and play our thing, and we'll play with a high tempo second half.
Symons must have agreed hopefully.

PokerMatt

Quote from: mikestrand on October 26, 2015, 02:45:36 AM
Kaca said
The players had a talk between themselves and said we need to step it up, we need to get onto them' we need to press them and play our thing, and we'll play with a high tempo second half.

It's really worrying if the players have to take it upon themselves to do this. I know they all have their own minds, etc, but this suggests they hadn't been told to press but they all knew it was the right thing to do.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Lighthouse

Quote from: PokerMatt on October 26, 2015, 09:32:09 AM
Kaca said

It's really worrying if the players have to take it upon themselves to do this. I know they all have their own minds, etc, but this suggests they hadn't been told to press but they all knew it was the right thing to do.

Or they had been told and didn't do it and were told off for not doing it. So the idea that the manager just stood by making the tea and then coming out and lying to the press that words were spoken and said if you are going to be beaten go down fighting. Is unlikely except to those who want to believe it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 26, 2015, 09:37:17 AM
Kaca said

Or they had been told and didn't do it and were told off for not doing it. So the idea that the manager just stood by making the tea and then coming out and lying to the press that words were spoken and said if you are going to be beaten go down fighting. Is unlikely except to those who want to believe it.
Ive been in plenty of dressing rooms where a manager has been ignored and a player(s) have taken it upon themselves to talk about what to do.
A lot has been said that the players have to take responsibility for their mixed performances, maybe thats what they did on this occasion.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 26, 2015, 09:37:17 AM
Kaca said

Could be that, of course. Just doesn't sound that way from what he said.

We won't know what happened, but Kaca's comments make it sound as if the players decided to take over. If it was Kit then brilliant, but I'm only going on what was posted.

Lighthouse

Ross McCormack insists Fulham can take a 'huge amount of belief' from their display in the final 40 minutes against Reading on Saturday.

After Orlando Sa's strike in the early stages of the second half had made it 2-0 to the visitors, McCormack got Fulham back into it straight away. The Whites then stunned the high-flying Royals with two more goals in quick succession, before Moussa Dembélé made sure of the points with his second and Fulham's fourth after a sublime one-two with McCormack.

"We got the goal back at the right time," McCormack told the official website. "Straight away we scored and that gave us the belief to push on."

The second-half performance by Fulham was in stark contrast to their display in the first, when visiting keeper Ali Al-Habsi was barely tested.

"First half wasn't good enough; they showed they were a good team and we probably gave them too much respect," said McCormack. "We sat off. The gaffer told us in no uncertain terms at the break that it wasn't good enough. We needed to get after them and put them under pressure. Get in their face. Second half that was more like us and that's what we can do to anyone.

"It's easy for everyone to say why can't we do that all the time but we're a new team and we're still getting to know each other. But if we can produce performances like we did in the last 40 minutes on Saturday I daresay we'll win every game.

"We can take a huge amount of belief from the last 40 minutes. If we put a 90 minutes together like that then it will be unlucky for someone."

McCormack's fledgling strike partnership with Dembélé was a joy to behold in the second half; the pair's interchange for Fulham's last goal was something special.

"It was a good goal," said a modest McCormack. "I just backheeled it into his path and he did the rest. It's just about getting us on the ball further up the field. First half, everything was coming at us head height - I'm not the best in the air, Moussa's okay, but it's not how we want to be playing, we want to be getting the ball to our feet so we can play little one-twos, as the fourth goal showed.

"It's about playing to everyone's strengths and if we get the ball to our feet in and around the box, then we'll cause problems."

Fulham now face two tricky away games when they head to struggling Bristol City on Saturday before a trip to in-form Burnley the following Tuesday.

"They're two tough games," added McCormack "But there's no reason why we can't beat both of those teams; it's just up to us to make sure we turn up on the day."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 26, 2015, 09:58:19 AM

"First half wasn't good enough; they showed they were a good team and we probably gave them too much respect," said McCormack. "We sat off. The gaffer told us in no uncertain terms at the break that it wasn't good enough. We needed to get after them and put them under pressure. Get in their face. Second half that was more like us and that's what we can do to anyone.

"It's easy for everyone to say why can't we do that all the time but we're a new team and we're still getting to know each other. But if we can produce performances like we did in the last 40 minutes on Saturday I daresay we'll win every game.

"We can take a huge amount of belief from the last 40 minutes. If we put a 90 minutes together like that then it will be unlucky for someone."

There, clearly it was Parker who gave the talk then, as I can exclusively reveal that his nickname is "The gaffer", following an unfortunate incident with a chicken and some gaffer tape, which both Lighthouse and I are sworn to secrecy over.

Gents, you can take this as evidence to any court of law and get Kit sacked on the spot. Trust me on this.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

bobbo

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on October 25, 2015, 02:50:39 PM
Saw that on Twitter but no source.

Any truth?
i've not read all your responses but it was soo obvious someone did it and definitely not kit
1975 just leaving home full of hope

mikestrand

I don't know who's more confused, two players differing accounts or us watching it.

MJG

Quote from: mikestrand on October 26, 2015, 12:17:21 PM
I don't know who's more confused, two players differing accounts or us watching it.
I did think the same.
if I was a conspiracy nut I'd say the second one from Ross is to cover up the first one by Kaca.

But I'm not.

PokerMatt

Quote from: MJG on October 26, 2015, 12:20:09 PM
Quote from: mikestrand on October 26, 2015, 12:17:21 PM
I did think the same.
if I was a conspiracy nut I'd say the second one from Ross is to cover up the first one by Kaca.

But I'm not.

Nor am I, but I would also think that if I was one.